1 ... 471 472 473 474 475 ... 1589
Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/21 12:06 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/1/21 1:17 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

My brother-in-law got his friend a UB40 cassette for his birthday. His friend kinda looked at it questioningly and my BIL said "You be 40 now" and his friend replied "You be an shiny happy person"

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/1/21 1:21 p.m.
NickD said:

My brother-in-law got his friend a UB40 cassette for his birthday. His friend kinda looked at it questioningly and my BIL said "You be 40 now" and his friend replied "You be an shiny happy person"

I bought the Neil Diamond album with the not-irritating version of that song when it was pretty new...How old does that make me?

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/21 1:27 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Who?  

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/1/21 1:36 p.m.

Neil Diamond and "not irritating" are mutually exclusive.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/1/21 1:39 p.m.

Who?  

Really, I don't remember The Who doing a version of Red, Red, Wine; interesting.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
3/1/21 2:08 p.m.

Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 Reader
3/1/21 6:24 p.m.
Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude) said:

it's real: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olm

johndej
johndej Dork
3/1/21 7:23 p.m.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/1/21 8:40 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/1/21 9:14 p.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

Who the berk is that?  I've seen that pic with a bad MSPaint leprechaun hat too. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/1/21 9:44 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/1/21 9:45 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/1/21 9:45 p.m.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/1/21 9:58 p.m.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/1/21 10:04 p.m.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
3/1/21 10:47 p.m.

Tommy who?

He looks like a young, lame version of Chuck E Weiss.

So glad I killed cable.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/1/21 10:50 p.m.
ShawnG said:

Tommy who?

So glad I killed cable.

I have cable, and I have no idea at all.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/2/21 12:00 a.m.

He made "The Room", which is likely the very worst movie of all time. It is so bad, it is actually mildly entertaining - not that you're entertained, per se, but you just continue to be amazed at how horrible it really is; you marvel at the fact that it was actually made. It was made un-ironically, with non-actors who wanted to be actors so badly. No plot, but about 50 subplots - none of which are related to each other or the nonexistent main story, and none of which are resolved. There was obviously a script, which is unfortunate. 

There is not a scene that makes sense, there is no continuity. I really do not recommend you watch it even if you like bad movies. 

It is like a bad dream where nothing makes sense and you just want to wake up because you're uncomfortable being in it. 

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/2/21 1:34 a.m.
Duke said:

In reply to DarkMonohue :

Who the berk is that?  I've seen that pic with a bad MSPaint leprechaun hat too. 

Oh, boy.  Where to start?  It's tough to explain Tommy Wiseau to someone who doesn't already know who Tommy Wiseau is.  I suspect most people who'd want to know probably already do.  

Tommy Wiseau is a genuinely weird dude.  He spent a fortune of his own money making an absolutely terrible movie.  Blundered through the whole thing and was so professionally inept and personally abrasive that he chewed through cast and crew like a Rottweiler through a one-legged mailman.  Did smart things like shooting simultaneously on film and digital cameras, creating an alley on set rather than just shooting in the extant alley adjacent to the lot, et cetera.  When the "love story" had audiences crying with laughter at the premier, he pulled a Pee Wee Herman-style "I meant to do that" and rebranded it on the spot as a black comedy.  It is neither.  And he ran a "coming soon" billboard in Hollywood to promote the film, which wouldn't be odd at all except for the fact that he left the damn thing up for five years straight.  This almost makes sense when you know that he speaks English with a strong, vaguely Eastern European accent, claims to have grown up in Louisiana, and patently refuses to tell anyone where in the world he is actually from.

Bad movie?  Yes, certainly.  Painfully so.  But also a cult classic that gave us such classic quotable lines as the "Oh hai, Mark" on which the meme was based.  If you like torturing yourself trying to wrap your mind around painfully weird people who are seemingly oblivious to how impossibly terrible their "art" really is, or if you like Mystery Science Theater 3000 but wish the movies they featured were even worse and infinitely more cringe-worthy, then you will probably want to watch The Room.  If not, then probably not.

If you are feeling brave, there are plenty of samples and reviews and whatnots on YouTube and wherever else.  I had a link here but frankly, like the film, it's in pretty poor taste.

mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

He made "The Room", which is likely the very worst movie of all time. It is so bad, it is actually mildly entertaining - not that you're entertained, per se, but you just continue to be amazed at how horrible it really is; you marvel at the fact that it was actually made. It was made un-ironically, with non-actors who wanted to be actors so badly. No plot, but about 50 subplots - none of which are related to each other or the nonexistent main story, and none of which are resolved. There was obviously a script, which is unfortunate. 

There is not a scene that makes sense, there is no continuity. I really do not recommend you watch it even if you like bad movies. 

It is like a bad dream where nothing makes sense and you just want to wake up because you're uncomfortable being in it. 

Yeah...pretty much what he said.

But it's not worse than Birdemic.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
3/2/21 7:04 a.m.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
3/2/21 7:04 a.m.

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
3/2/21 8:11 a.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

That sounds fascinating. I have to see it. 

1 ... 471 472 473 474 475 ... 1589

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MkJdcXMk65Q9itupnE1dAmcSrA4n8ooQyjUeci11IjX7tYtf2qCGi4V4fbFAeOhA