1 ... 472 473 474 475 476 ... 1590
Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/2/21 8:19 a.m.
Peabody said:
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

He made "The Room", which is likely the very worst movie of all time. It is so bad, it is actually mildly entertaining - not that you're entertained, per se, but you just continue to be amazed at how horrible it really is; you marvel at the fact that it was actually made. It was made un-ironically, with non-actors who wanted to be actors so badly. No plot, but about 50 subplots - none of which are related to each other or the nonexistent main story, and none of which are resolved. There was obviously a script, which is unfortunate.

There is not a scene that makes sense, there is no continuity. I really do not recommend you watch it even if you like bad movies.

It is like a bad dream where nothing makes sense and you just want to wake up because you're uncomfortable being in it. 

That sounds fascinating. I have to see it. 

Yeah, me too.  DW and I share a taste for bad movies of the Sharknado variety, but I'm not sure her depravity extends this far.

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
3/2/21 8:25 a.m.

I loathe action movies, even supposed "good ones", but I love a movie that berkeleys with your head, even if it's unintentional.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/2/21 8:29 a.m.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/2/21 10:22 a.m.
Duke said:
Peabody said:
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

He made "The Room", which is likely the very worst movie of all time. It is so bad, it is actually mildly entertaining - not that you're entertained, per se, but you just continue to be amazed at how horrible it really is; you marvel at the fact that it was actually made. It was made un-ironically, with non-actors who wanted to be actors so badly. No plot, but about 50 subplots - none of which are related to each other or the nonexistent main story, and none of which are resolved. There was obviously a script, which is unfortunate.

There is not a scene that makes sense, there is no continuity. I really do not recommend you watch it even if you like bad movies.

It is like a bad dream where nothing makes sense and you just want to wake up because you're uncomfortable being in it. 

That sounds fascinating. I have to see it. 

Yeah, me too.  DW and I share a taste for bad movies of the Sharknado variety, but I'm not sure her depravity extends this far.

Well, be sure to report back your thoughts. Don't say I didn't warn you. And keep in mind, there are no redeeming qualities to it. It isn't bad because it is low budget. It isn't bad because it was meant to be bad, like Sharknado. It is bad because it is a flaming pile of stream of what you wish/hope was drug induced consciousness but without the mildly entertaining minute or two that normally comes from those types of movies. 

It makes Fast and Furious (take your least favorite) look like The Godfather. 

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
3/2/21 10:26 a.m.

You make a compelling case, and you're on fire with your descriptions and analogies today

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
3/2/21 11:02 a.m.

I tried to watch The Room. A couple years ago when I was working 10 hour saturdays in retail. Very bored. I think I got 7 minutes in before I just couldn't do it anymore. And I have a high threshold for E36 M3ty movies. Gonna be on Valium later this week. Might be a good time to try watching it again...

barefootskater (Shaun)
3/2/21 11:19 a.m.

barefootskater (Shaun)
3/2/21 11:21 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/2/21 11:37 a.m.

Zero berks given.  This is so far outside normal politics that you can't even see politics from this post.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/2/21 12:26 p.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
3/2/21 12:44 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

As someone who was stopped countless times by LaRouche supports I laughed. 

No Time
No Time SuperDork
3/2/21 12:52 p.m.

It's starting...

AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/2/21 1:37 p.m.

Not sure if posted already...

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/2/21 1:56 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Duke :

As someone who was stopped countless times by LaRouche supports I laughed.

Chatting with the folks staffing the perennial Lyndon LaRouche campaign table outside used to be my favorite part of going to the DMV.

I can't actually complain about Delaware's DMV - they've really upped their game in the last 10 years or so.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/2/21 5:41 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/2/21 5:42 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/2/21 5:42 p.m.

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
3/2/21 5:51 p.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
3/2/21 6:02 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Every Tuesday they'd set their table up by one of my first dispatcher posts, along with whatever tin foil hat wearing candidates they could dredge up for city elections.  I would work hard to outcrazy them with bizarre theories on 9/11, the Statue of Liberty being a fake, and that then Mayor Bloomberg was actually a reanimated Ed Koch with some fire damage.  

1 ... 472 473 474 475 476 ... 1590

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Z38rnMxIa3ua0SBdJvZYcnD9RI6ITlI04FkZGD43gbcsmyKBKV54unwMFY1dl833