1 ... 681 682 683 684 685 ... 1580
Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/20/21 3:05 p.m.

May be an image of text that says '"where did all your money go?" I'm either driving it, or I ate it.'

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/20/21 3:08 p.m.
ShawnG said:

Simple fact is, it would have been cheaper to go to the moon than to have paid everyone involved in faking it to keep their mouths shut this long.

How many of us know half-a-dozen people that we can absolutely trust to keep a secret?  Therein lies the problem with 99.9 percent of conspiracy theories. People just can't shut the duck up. 

RichardNZ
RichardNZ Reader
9/20/21 11:08 p.m.

Since we seem to have been a little food-fixated lately:

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/21/21 8:02 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/21/21 8:12 a.m.
ShawnG said:

In reply to calteg :

Despite the doom and gloom in the media, we're doing a pretty good job at raising the living standards of most of the world:

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2013/06/01/towards-the-end-of-poverty

SO MUCH THIS.

Things are better now than they ever have been before.  Next year, they'll be better than that.

golf clap gifs | WiffleGif

New York Nick
New York Nick GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/21/21 9:39 a.m.

I have to go to the office for the first time in a long time. Had to put on the old "work clothes"....

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/21/21 9:51 a.m.
New York Nick said:

I have to go to the office for the first time in a long time. Had to put on the old "work clothes"....

Ongoing?  Or a one-off meeting?

New York Nick
New York Nick GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/21/21 9:55 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

one time only!" - Dr Evil meme | Meme Generator

I hope...

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
9/21/21 11:51 a.m.

In reply to New York Nick :

A few months back, our supervisors started having discussions with everyone about going back to the office on a regular basis.  I got an email that was something along the lines of, "So, how many days do you think you want to come back to the office, to start?"  My email reply was a single character:

As a negotiating tactic, it worked fairly well.  We ended up agreeing on 1 day/week in the office.  Which is fine by me, keeps the rust off my car's rotors and saves me making a special trip for errands. 

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltimaDork
9/21/21 11:57 a.m.

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/21/21 12:22 p.m.
Kreb (Forum Supporter) said:
ShawnG said:

Simple fact is, it would have been cheaper to go to the moon than to have paid everyone involved in faking it to keep their mouths shut this long.

How many of us know half-a-dozen people that we can absolutely trust to keep a secret?  Therein lies the problem with 99.9 percent of conspiracy theories. People just can't shut the duck up. 

Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead. PLL' Men's T-Shirt |  Spreadshirt

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
9/21/21 12:34 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad :

Elderly black women have a power I cannot fathom. I have watched entire political careers get flushed down the toilet in 20 minutes from wrong statements in front of them.

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/21/21 12:43 p.m.
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:

Post image

I got stuck in that cycle for years.  About 4 to be exact.  I was miserable.

One day I set my alarm for 4am and was going to force myself out to the garage to just do something.  All I accomplished was resetting my alarm for 6am.  Mrs. Hungary yelled at me and I still went back to sleep.
Day 2, I made it out to the garage by about 5am groggy as heck.  All I accomplished was drinking my coffee while doomscrolling facebook

Every day I did just a little bit more than the day before (pick something up, and put it back in the toolbox.  Take a part off the car and make it shiny).  Sometimes I fell back a few days.  It's only been since about June, but now making time in the garage is routine and it's expected.  Mrs. Hungary even commented that she can see the difference and that garage time for me is "needed".  Subsequently my mental health is improving (by a LOT).

The thread was shared to Reddit [Photo: Reddit]

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
9/21/21 12:52 p.m.

aV7N3vd_460swp.webp

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/21/21 1:35 p.m.

StilettoSS
StilettoSS New Reader
9/21/21 1:43 p.m.

Totally using that as my Zoom background now at work.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/21/21 4:04 p.m.

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'My plans for fall e Delta variant'

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
9/21/21 4:40 p.m.

In reply to Stefan (Forum Supporter) :

That may be the dankest of memes. Well played. 

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
9/21/21 5:53 p.m.
Duke said:
ShawnG said:

In reply to calteg :

Despite the doom and gloom in the media, we're doing a pretty good job at raising the living standards of most of the world:

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2013/06/01/towards-the-end-of-poverty

SO MUCH THIS.

Things are better now than they ever have been before.  Next year, they'll be better than that.

golf clap gifs | WiffleGif

If anyone needs any persuasion that ShawnG & Duke are right, read Enlightenment Now by steven pinker.

No Time
No Time SuperDork
9/21/21 7:53 p.m.

No Time
No Time SuperDork
9/21/21 7:53 p.m.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/21/21 8:21 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/21/21 9:31 p.m.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
9/21/21 10:32 p.m.

So i'm reading a comic called "Trailer Park Warlock" and already in chapter 3...

SNEK WIT DA GAT

NickD
NickD MegaDork
9/22/21 11:35 a.m.

1 ... 681 682 683 684 685 ... 1580

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SlIJ6MVdBmq0VaTQdJoT3O5ZLe8Cb4nwGzpAScsUAUkZkbFZumeDz3UF4iKdRSF2