1 ... 715 716 717 718 719 ... 1588
chandler
chandler UltimaDork
10/20/21 10:46 a.m.
Duke said:

In reply to chandler :

No, because Fleetwood Mac was just a journeyman blues band mainly known for not being known as the authors of Black Magic Woman before Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham came along and made them into the annoying hit machine they exploded into.

And Stevie Nicks - voice, lyrics, image, personality, self-perception, everything about her - is just like nails on a chalkboard to me.

[edit]  Treed by Tuna.

I've made the mistake of listening to Fleetwood Mac before Stevie and it sucked as well. In fact it's worse than pre-David Gilmore Pink Floyd

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
10/20/21 10:57 a.m.
Duke said:

In reply to chandler :

No, because Fleetwood Mac was just a journeyman blues band mainly known for not being known as the authors of Black Magic Woman before Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham came along and made them into the annoying hit machine they exploded into.

And Stevie Nicks - voice, lyrics, image, personality, self-perception, everything about her - is just like nails on a chalkboard to me.

[edit]  Treed by Tuna.

I'd say the problem can be laid at the feet of mr. buckingham then. The way I understand it, the band recruited him and his condition for joining was that they also bring in Stevie. 

Im not complaining though. I like the Mac. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/20/21 10:58 a.m.

Before I get reprimanded for not memeing in the meme thread:

May be an image of dog, cat and text

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/20/21 12:26 p.m.

Of course, I am guilty of this as well.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/21 12:29 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Wait...is Fleetwood Mac a Cadillac shaped like a hamburger,  or a hamburger shaped like a Cadillac?

and now I will spend far too long trying to find the MAD Magazine page with that.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/21 12:37 p.m.

Post image

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
10/20/21 12:41 p.m.

I'm going to hell for laughing at this:

Post image

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
10/20/21 12:41 p.m.

I've been a big Fleetwood Mac fan since Rumours, I suppose, so what is that, 1977?  Been a while.

Buckingham/Nicks definitely took them in a different direction, but they would have been a forgotten act in the dustbin of history without them.  Very few bands have had the wealth of talent that Fleetwood Mac enjoyed--singers, songwriters, musicians.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpics.me.me%2Flindsey-adams-buckingham-october-3-1949-is-an-american-musician-7280431.png&f=1&nofb=1 

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
10/20/21 12:44 p.m.

Post image

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/20/21 12:47 p.m.
1988RedT2 said:

Buckingham/Nicks definitely took them in a different direction, but they would have been a forgotten act in the dustbin of history without them.

Which would have been my preferred outcome.

1135345 - safe, artist:buckweiser, big macintosh, fleetfoot, earth pony,  pegasus, pony, album cover, apple, classic rock ponies, female, fleetmac, fleetwood  mac, food, male, mare, music, parody, ponified, ponified album cover, pun,  retro,

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
10/20/21 1:13 p.m.

Potty training my 3-year old son has made memes like this very relevant:

Post image

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
10/20/21 1:22 p.m.

In reply to Stefan (Forum Supporter) :

I came home to poop on the floor last night. Had to ask my 3yo if it was her or the dog. Luckily, when it is her, she just looks me in the eye and says "it's ok" or "it's funny", so when she says she didn't do it I know it was the dog. 

*edit for the meme police

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/20/21 1:41 p.m.

Thought I'd try to find the Mad magazine Fleetwood burger to no avail. But kudos to the search engine I'm trying out (Neeva; paid, no ads, no trackers) for already finding Appleseed's "don't need roads" image in a search for ""mad magazine" fleetwood mac burger car."

Image result from https://cheezburger.com/6729216768

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/21 1:59 p.m.
tuna55 said

Fleetwood Mac would have been a great band without Stevie.

Now let's be fair, it was Christine McVie that cheated on her husband and wrote the song. Those two pictures are reversed.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
10/20/21 2:04 p.m.
Stampie said:
tuna55 said

Fleetwood Mac would have been a great band without Stevie.

Now let's be fair, it was Christine McVie that cheated on her husband and wrote the song. Those two pictures are reversed.

Undoubtedly you are correct, I don't know who that first person is, I was just searching furiously for a meme. 

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/20/21 2:13 p.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

I think both pictures are Stevie Nicks, first one is old Stevie (current), second one is OG Stevie (back in the day).  Heck, i have no idea.  Obligatory Meme

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
10/20/21 2:30 p.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

In reply to Stefan (Forum Supporter) :

I came home to poop on the floor last night...

Took me a second to parse that correctly. I think my initial misreading was funnier though.

Funny Poop Memes Just for Sh*ts and Giggles - Funny Gallery

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/20/21 2:46 p.m.

May be an image of text that says 'WHEN YOU DON'T HAVEINSURANCE Finius the Skinniest BUT YOU HAVE A LOWES CARD!'

daeman
daeman Dork
10/20/21 3:09 p.m.

In reply to "the Fleetwood Mac conversation" :

I'm not a fan, every time I hear Fleetwood Mac mentioned my brain goes here because I agree.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
10/20/21 3:20 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
10/20/21 3:21 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/20/21 4:12 p.m.

May be an image of text that says 'Ok, so hear me out. An app, right? It's ike Tinder. But you and your significant other both have accounts. Y'all open it at the same time and swipe left or right on restaurants within a radius that you determine. After y'all match, that's where you have dinner. We can call it "Chicken Tinder"'

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
10/20/21 4:34 p.m.

May be an image of text that says 'Took me all day yesterday but finally finished. A pallet I made from an old coffee table.'

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/20/21 5:46 p.m.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/20/21 7:06 p.m.

1 ... 715 716 717 718 719 ... 1588

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bVWaRkIGwE6hfsLX2OnUfxtigRhNNn2CLLrsi85v8ipzEuK3SXOe6HLECgoVEmzy