Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/24/21 1:32 p.m.

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
10/24/21 2:00 p.m.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
10/24/21 3:45 p.m.

What, no references to the famous 721 radial?

matthewmcl
matthewmcl HalfDork
10/24/21 4:13 p.m.
1988RedT2 said:

I truly wonder if we'll ever get all the relevant details.  Did the weapon explode, or did it actually fire a projectile?  If it did indeed fire a projectile, why was it aimed at the victim(s)?   Baldwin would logically be pointing it at another actor, no?  It's tempting to assume foul play, but then, Hanlon's Razor, and all that.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.azquotes.com%2Fpicture-quotes%2Fquote-never-attribute-to-malice-that-which-can-be-adequately-explained-by-stupidity-never-robert-a-heinlein-66-9-0944.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

It sounds like they were just going for a closeup on seeing the actor firing towards the camera with a high power blank to look better than CGI. Cinematographer and Director by the camera to watch it all and direct the action.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
10/24/21 5:25 p.m.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
10/24/21 6:08 p.m.
Beer Baron said:

May be an image of text that says 'I'm ME, Not MEAT. See the Individual. Go Vegan. XA Moryland ARC OKAY NOW I'M MEAT SEE THE INDIVIDUAL PUT OLD BAY ON IT Oh man. Not sure how missed this. Apparently PETA and Old Bay have been having a billboard battle in Maryland:'

It's not PETA and Old Bay, PETA put up the first one, Jimmy's famous seafood replied with the 2nd. 

johndej
johndej Dork
10/24/21 7:01 p.m.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb SuperDork
10/24/21 8:04 p.m.
1988RedT2 said:

Hanlon's Razor, 

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.azquotes.com%2Fpicture-quotes%2Fquote-never-attribute-to-malice-that-which-can-be-adequately-explained-by-stupidity-never-robert-a-heinlein-66-9-0944.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

You said Hanlon, but the picture says Heinlein. I bet you spelled it wrong on purpose, to be a jerk.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/24/21 8:21 p.m.
gearheadmb said:
1988RedT2 said:

Hanlon's Razor, 

You said Hanlon, but the picture says Heinlein. I bet you spelled it wrong on purpose, to be a jerk.

It is Hanlon's Razor.  Whoever made the image was wrong.

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
10/24/21 9:06 p.m.

In reply to gearheadmb :

I see what you did there

Toyman01 + Sized and
10/25/21 7:31 a.m.

May be an image of text that says 'My wife sent me a text that said, "Your great" So, naturally, I wrote back, "No, you're great" She's been walking around all happy and smiling. Should I tell her I was just correcting her grammar or leave it?'

Toyman01 + Sized and
10/25/21 7:38 a.m.

May be a cartoon of text that says 'HEY, WHAT DOES THIS BUTTON DO? BILLY, DON'T TOUCH THAT! BILLY, NO!!! W ä» SKREEEEEEEE!!! COVO'

No Time
No Time SuperDork
10/25/21 8:24 a.m.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/25/21 8:39 a.m.

Challenge is over for 2021 (my first), now I can go back to wasting time posting memes.

Here's one that's appropriate for me, since I'll be 67 when I come back with the Morris Minor next year. 

matthewmcl
matthewmcl HalfDork
10/25/21 10:04 a.m.
matthewmcl said:

It sounds like they were just going for a closeup on seeing the actor firing towards the camera with a high power blank to look better than CGI. Cinematographer and Director by the camera to watch it all and direct the action.

More recent reports are that he was practicing, though I have no idea if he was practicing for/with the camera. Regardless, it is very sad that someone died for something as trivial as someone else not following basic firearms safety rules.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/21 11:22 a.m.

Post image

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
10/25/21 12:28 p.m.

In reply to Stefan (Forum Supporter) :

This is exactly how I feel about Starbucks.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/25/21 12:39 p.m.

In reply to gearheadE30 :

While I feel exactly as you do, in Starbucks' defense, the "Venti" is 20 ounces.

Meme unrelated:

May be a meme of 1 person and text that says '1985: let's go to the future 2021: let's go back to the 80's'

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
10/25/21 12:57 p.m.

No photo description available.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/25/21 1:20 p.m.

On the rare occasion I'm in a Starbucks, basically when I have a giftcard for whatever reason, I'll just order small/medium/large, and they never make a stink about it. They'll call it whatever they actually call it, but that is it.

To memify it: 

Frasier: I'm hashing over an ethical dilemma, so I think I could use some black coffee.
Server: What size would you like?
Frasier: Uh, I've got a lot to ponder, so I think a large.
Server: I'm afraid we don't have large, sir. We have piccolo, macho, mucho and mucho macho.
Frasier: I see. Uh, do you happen to know what size would correspond to a Nervosa grande?
Server: No. But our mucho is about the same as the semi-colossal over at Don't Spill the Beans.
Frasier: Ah, ah, all right. I know that their colossal is comparable to a Nervosa grande, so the semi-colossal would be three quarters of a colossal, so the mucho and the semi-colossal would be equivalent... so I should have the mucho macho. But only fill it five-eighths.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
10/25/21 1:24 p.m.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
10/25/21 1:43 p.m.

In reply to gearheadE30 :

It's  Venti because it's 20 ounces. The end of that scene actually has that part. 

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/21 1:50 p.m.

May be an image of one or more people and text that says 'my body: WHAT DO WE WANT? my brain: SLEEP! my body: WHEN DO WE WANT IT? my brain: AT EITHER 2PM OR 3aM my body: hey wait- my brain: LITERALLY NO OTHER TIME my body: no that's not my brain: WE ARE UNWILLING ΤΟ COMPROMISE'

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
10/25/21 2:07 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
It is Hanlon's Razor.  Whoever made the image was wrong.

The somewhat aggravating part is there is a similar, but not quite quote from an old Heinlein story (it was about indentured servitude on Venus). Its in the anthology about halfway in. I won't look it up but post a meme instead (or not)

1 ... 719 720 721 722 723 ... 1583

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VUX7yQ60Qr5bM5p3SrJuQGJuD4jadWQD5RDYKzMJFOlQEn4IpDkxOt1W37omOgNb