1 2
daytonaer
daytonaer HalfDork
4/16/13 11:39 a.m.
wbjones wrote:
914Driver wrote: Has anyone here tried those electronic devices you plug into an outlet? The thing makes a noise that mice hate.
according to CR's they are a waste of money ... ( I've never tried them myself)

They don't do anything. But if you hold it to your ear you get a sensation that "feels" irritating, although you can't hear anything. I kept getting paranoid about something being permanently plugged into 110 would catch fire as the garage is empty of humans for months on end.

The mice were exceptionally bad this winter, the cats kept most of the mice out of the house, but the garage is a little distance away. Didn't want to do any buckets of poison/antifreeze in case the cats were dumb enough to drink. Couldn't keep the regular spring traps empty, I even had a mouse set off a trap when I was setting up more on the other side of the garage. I don't live here so I wasn't able to be diligent.

Used the re-setable plastic ones for a bit because of the volume of rodents being killed, unfortunately the springs were not strong enough and many little guys escaped.

The van with the chewed soap was outside, other than the wiring harness there is not much they can damage, they chewed up some old floor mats.

By the end of the winter I set up some solid mouse specific poison traps, supposedly pet/child proof. I haven't seen any mice since, but not sure if they are just living outside now.

The stupid mice did do a number on my dad's 72 polara, sentimental car as it was my grandfathers. Got into my dad's pickup HVAC which he drove regularly too...

I just thought the chewed up "mice repellent" with mice poo near by was hilarious. I think my father bought a case of soap, everything smells irish clean!

mapper
mapper Reader
4/16/13 11:52 a.m.

Around 1971 or 72 we lived in Manchester N,Y. Every night the mice would get into the kitchen drawer where we kept the aluminum foil, plastic wrap, etc. and chew the cardboard boxes. My mom shut our cat Dooley in the drawer one night in the hopes he would take care of the mice. The next morning the brand new boxes were chewed, there were mice droppings present, and no signs of dead mice. Dooley yawned, jumped out of the drawer, and went off to take a nap. The mice probably ran all over him and he just watched for entertainment.

Then there was the snake that got into the washing machine through the drain line. It was bleached but still alive when my mom reached in to pull out the clothes. Fun times.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yChdWpplrvS1PEPOclgNo9uRZRpQwWPbmmmAfyIVxVRhYMwD9oNCC1hfi23oa439