1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 ... 441
Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
8/7/18 7:01 a.m.

I feel like having a daily with a driver's window that won't roll down has had a fairly positive effect on my diet.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/8/18 12:02 p.m.

Based on usage over the past several years, I only pre-purchased 900 gallons of propane for the winter instead of the usual 1000 gallons.

If you live in east central Iowa, and this winter gets particularly severe, it's my fault.

If it does get good and cold though, imagine how much colder it would have been if I hadn't pre-purchased any propane!

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/18 7:44 p.m.
Daylan C said:

I feel like having a daily with a driver's window that won't roll down has had a fairly positive effect on my diet.

I have seen people drive backwards through drive-thrus.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
8/8/18 9:12 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

This seems far less convenient than walking inside.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/8/18 11:41 p.m.
Knurled. said:
Daylan C said:

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/18 6:29 a.m.
Knurled. said:
Daylan C said:

I tried that in a Mercedes when the driver window didn't work. The manager yelled at me for "playing games" and wouldn't serve me. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/9/18 6:43 a.m.
Daylan C said:

In reply to Knurled. :

This seems far less convenient than walking inside.

Drive-throughs are almost always slower than just going in, particularly at busy times. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
8/12/18 9:17 a.m.

It is possible I have contributed more than my fair share to global warming this week, as my week of holidays included a quart jar of pickled eggs, an evening at an Indian food buffet, and two bean based side dishes at a housewarming party I attended last night.  

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
8/12/18 3:04 p.m.

I just realized my 318 was just under 5k miles short of having 318k miles on it when I pulled it. I'm going to be slightly upset about this for the rest of the day probably.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
8/12/18 4:43 p.m.

I ordered drilled and slotted rotors instead of blanks for the daily simply because shipping was cheaper.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/12/18 6:58 p.m.

Me to myself:

”It’s already the middle of August...there’s no sense in moving the snowplow from the garage to the barn at this point.”

sad

bigeyedfish
bigeyedfish New Reader
8/13/18 12:39 p.m.

I don't often have my truck on the road, but it gets used several times a week around our property, and it idles quite a bit, so it has lots of running/working time for the number of miles driven.  This weekend it started running rough, stumbling badly coming off idle.  Oil pressure gauge showed almost zero oil pressure.  Pulled it into the garage and shut it down.  Checked the dipstick... E36 M3.  Very low oil.  No obvious leaks or anything.  I just haven't been good about checking it.  By the numbers, it wasn't due for an oil change for another  miles, but that doesn't account for all the idling and working its ass of in 4wd.  Changed the oil and filter, and it's running fine.  I may have dodged a bullet this time, but man I feel stupid.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/13/18 7:17 p.m.

It's far mow difficult than I expected to explain concepts to a child.

Like catching a ball, or pedaling, steering, or waiting in line. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/13/18 7:23 p.m.

I get pissed off sometimes when other people's needs get in the way of my wants.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/14/18 9:19 a.m.

Rev, I've met "adults " that have trouble understanding the same concepts. 

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
8/14/18 4:00 p.m.

#1- I apparently don't own a 15mm box end wrench

#2- I used a crescent wrench on a serp. belt tensioner. I know better, but what is one to do?

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/14/18 4:23 p.m.

Sometimes when someone asks a meaningless filler question I will give an odd answer to see where it goes for my own amusement. Today I had to stop in someone’s office who is a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. He always has Springsteen music playing, posters and records on his walls, all Bruce all the time. I was looking at one of them and he started with some Bruce chit chat.

Boss boss- He’s the greatest isn’t he dude?

Me- He’s alright

BB- I love him, see him all the time blah blah...  What’s your favorite song man?

Me- That one, something or other um, light

BB- Huh?

Me- You know, Something by the light, wound up like a douche something something night.

BB-What? (Looking at me like I just kicked  a child)

Me- I dunno, I don’t listen to much music. 

He looked very very uncomfortable when I left.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/15/18 5:28 p.m.

Since im quarantined due to the norovirus, ive been watching netflix. Today, i saw an e39 m5 with a check engine light on in a getaway driver movie, and a harbor freight welding helmet in a low budget action flick.

I miss work, and the rest of the house....

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
8/15/18 5:36 p.m.

The cut springs on the Accord are the start of me going all ricer/F&F just like I wanted to do damn near 20 years ago. Back then I convinced myself that I was broke and had better taste. Now I'm not really broke and have no taste at all and have even looked at a body kit or two online. Underbody LED's are on the MFing list.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/15/18 5:52 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Right there with you. I should tell you the visual plan on the challenge car.  Paul walker would be honored. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/15/18 6:05 p.m.

Do It! i never regretted putting neon under my truck.

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
8/15/18 6:11 p.m.

Don't do it! Think of the extra weight!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
8/15/18 6:36 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

Once I needed some basic speaker wire at Radio Shack and the guy asked how many watts I had so I told him 50,000 so he freaked out.   Then I said I wasn’t sure and maybe I had 5 Watts.  Then he pointed me to the small 100’ spool.   

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
8/15/18 7:20 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

I want to mount them with magnets. I also want to hook them up with a trailer pigtail so I can surreptitiously put them on other peoples (friends) cars. For funsies. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/15/18 7:23 p.m.

That is diabolical GENIUS!!!!

1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yseKsMnRAumYbhNLQSwKuy1mT33wWNahf3l47pye5d0bnsCQmHP3d9vusUWRPPHF