1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 441
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/28/18 1:39 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Don't teach him about 40s, 50, and 60s kustom cars. You might have to back peddle.

NickD
NickD UberDork
11/29/18 2:51 p.m.

My Subaru Baja needs a bunch of work and I just don't feel like diving into it. It leaks coolant from the lower radiator hose where it goes on the radiator (I think), it leaks oil from the valve covers, head gaskets and oil pan, it has an injector seal that mists a little gasoline during prolonged sub-zero temperatures, the exhaust is getting really loud likely because Subaru exhausts dissolve faster than orange Tang, and it has rather large holes in the rear rocker panels. Oh, and the clutch is absolutely hosed and slips like a mofo when you try to haul ass (comparatively. This thing is a dog). Instead, I'm looking at 398,000 mile LS400s in Colorado.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/29/18 6:59 p.m.

Some weird part of me wants to take a Prowler, ditch all the unnecessary bits, put a hotted-up Pentastar V6 in it, hang some insanely wide (but sanely diametered) rolling stock on it, and see how it fares in SSM or XP autocross. 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
11/29/18 7:08 p.m.

I'm sitting here with a pinched nerve and and pain in my right leg and I still cant stop shopping vintage bicycles and trucks 

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
11/29/18 7:23 p.m.

I'm eyeing the fwd caddy in the front yard and doing questionable google searches now.

I already can't afford the projects I have and none of those involve a northstar and 13" Daytons.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/29/18 10:15 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

I strongly encourage this, but only if you put in so much bass your license plate rattles.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
11/29/18 10:27 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Would be a waste of time otherwise. 

I'm going to be up all night researching air suspension now.

EDIT: nope, I stumbled on the info that the car has a 4T80E already and an LS4 bolts up. Now I'm curious.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/30/18 5:15 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

LS4 will bolt up, but you won't have any place to put a starter.

NickD
NickD UberDork
11/30/18 5:18 a.m.
Duke said:

Some weird part of me wants to take a Prowler, ditch all the unnecessary bits, put a hotted-up Pentastar V6 in it, hang some insanely wide (but sanely diametered) rolling stock on it, and see how it fares in SSM or XP autocross. 

A friend of mine had a similar idea with a different Chrysler product of that era. An early Viper popped up with a salvage title for $10k. Windshield and A-pillars were crunched from a tree or something, it had a front clamshell from a different car in a different color. He had dreams of an XP Viper, gutted, roof cut off, big Hoosiers.

bigeyedfish
bigeyedfish Reader
11/30/18 9:07 p.m.

I've caught myself saying "berk it" out loud when I'm a little frustrated. This forum has influenced my subconscious.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/30/18 9:09 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I look at them every so often. When we were dating my wife worked for a guy that bought a Prowler and drove it every day it wasn’t actively snowing. He said it never gave him a bit of trouble except replacing the comically large for the time rear tires.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
12/1/18 9:47 a.m.

The idea of a Harlequin-style Saturn on BBS RS wheels popped into my head today and the idea actually looked kinda awesome and it shouldn't be hard to do considering how many panels are unboltable.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/1/18 9:49 a.m.

I know that LED light bars are superior in every way, but they will never be as cool looking as chrome KC Daylighters, especially with the yellow smiley face covers.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
12/1/18 12:46 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Don't teach him about 40s, 50, and 60s kustom cars. You might have to back peddle.

No back pedaling there.  A Kustom is just as stupid as a stancetard.  Which is just a s stupid as the Nova with Gabriel Hijackers I drove as a teen.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/1/18 2:20 p.m.

I still haven't updated my Windows computer. It's just a gaming PC and I haven't turned it on in a while. But if I did, I might've had some documents randomly deleted (which would be game saves on this computer) and lost the ability to set any Win32 programs as default applications, so maybe this should be in the good mood thread?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/1/18 3:15 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I know that LED light bars are superior in every way, but they will never be as cool looking as chrome KC Daylighters, especially with the yellow smiley face covers.

I was having this same conversation in my head, almost word for word, about 20 minutes ago. 

Wally
12/1/18 3:48 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

My first tow truck came with a bunch of non working round lights on the grill guard and light rack. Instead of fixing them I bought a bunch of smiley face covers for them.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/1/18 6:02 p.m.

In reply to G_Body_Man :

My SL1 is almost there. I had the same thought. 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/1/18 10:43 p.m.

My brother in law had his annual Christmas party tonight. I used to be one of the first to arrive and one of the last to leave. Much alcohol has been consumed in past years. I had to sleep over a couple of times.

Tonight, I was a late arrival, as I went in for a nap around 4. Most of the food was gone by the time I got there. At one point, I accidentally grabbed a can of soda, thinking that it was a beer. I was okay with that, and kind of enjoyed it. I spent a good portion of the night talking to his 81 year old mother in law. It was a really nice conversation.

I left early and I am now sitting at home reading the GRM forum.

Best party in years.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/2/18 7:29 p.m.

There are many Maseratis for sale in Florida for under $30k. I have no idea what possessed me to search CL for Maseratis.

Such a terrible idea. I can only imagine the financial horror a cheap(ish) Maserati would inflict.

But man are they beautiful and sound amazing!

Wally
12/2/18 7:40 p.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

There was a blue on similar to the top pic near me for $19,000. I wish I had the confidence to try it as a DD but I was never able to convince myself that it was a good idea.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/2/18 7:46 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

Yeah, that blue one is a 2005 Coupe. It's listed at $20k. Looky

I don't think any amount of convincing would make it a good idea LOL

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
12/2/18 10:32 p.m.

Honestly I think the Jaguar XKR is better looking and has less of a reputation for financial ruin. To me, the mid 2000s Maserati front end already looks dated. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/2/18 11:14 p.m.
dculberson said:

Honestly I think the Jaguar XKR is better looking and has less of a reputation for financial ruin. To me, the mid 2000s Maserati front end already looks dated. 

I agree completely. The Maserati never looked attractive to me. It looked like it had just taken a drink of some skunked beer. 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
12/3/18 6:05 p.m.

I'm so bored between the limited walking, couchrest and ice packs that when I was doing the limited walking I'm supposed to do I decided too compare a modern sprocket designed for a cassette too a 1947 monark sprocket. This amused me more then it should. 

1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rB2ovmZZnsFIx0twderMsWM6UvDMCJAkP2pudJ2D4c45oV1rl9TopBekpskuMYRg