1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 ... 441
Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
2/4/19 1:12 p.m.

So much turmoil and bullE36 M3 at work I think I’m going to start answering the recruiters calls.   

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
2/5/19 4:35 p.m.

Mouth breathers make me wish I could flatulate at will.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
2/5/19 4:58 p.m.

A friend and myself are discussing doing Lemons rally next year and have started halfway looking for a vehicle. I found a Cadillac Cimmaron and I kinda want it just so I can say I owned one.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/7/19 9:38 a.m.
barefootskater said:

you know they don't smell with their mouths, right?

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
2/7/19 9:52 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:
barefootskater said:

you know they don't smell with their mouths, right?

I just like the idea that some "particles" land on their teeth. It's gross and childish but some folks really bother me sometimes.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
2/10/19 2:25 p.m.

I think the new Mustang complements that Camaro on the cup series, and they look fantastic.  Best looking cars since before the aerodeck Monte Carlo, I'd say. 

Confession part?  I love stock car racing.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
2/10/19 2:29 p.m.

Another confession- 358 cubic inches of pushrod V8 at 8000+ rpm is a lovely sound.  Perhaps my favourite race engine sound.

Second, maybe, to an IHRA 800 + inch pro stock motor, but a hard choice for me.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/10/19 4:11 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

I’d love to breathe through my nose but my sinuses keep closing up.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
2/10/19 4:34 p.m.

I just realized both of the events I want to take my GTA to this year are in September, possibly the same weekend because the exact date for one of them hasn't been announced yet. So my decision now is drive several hours for a car show and costume party, OR drive half an hour and race. I think my goal is LS Fest now instead of Radwood. 

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/10/19 4:54 p.m.
Daylan C said:

So I was all ready to do an LS swap in my GTA, but now I've started stumbling on all the LT1/4l60 pull outs for cheap. Time to talk myself into optispark.

I wouldn't. The accessories don't fit without cutting the subframe and lots of other nightmares.

CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/10/19 4:59 p.m.
Wally said:

In reply to barefootskater :

I’d love to breathe through my nose but my sinuses keep closing up from flatulence.

There.  Fixed that for you

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
2/10/19 5:10 p.m.

In reply to Gearheadotaku :

I went back to LS pretty quickly. More money but I'll be happier with the car.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
2/10/19 9:35 p.m.

was cussin' and fussin' about being unable to find a usb-c dongle to aux for my new Z3 in a brick and mortar store yesterday.  So I bought it from amz for $2 using points.  

Couldn't sleep tonight.  Walked around the apt.  Into the office.  Sitting by the printer.  A dongle.  Must have immediately set it aside when opening the phone and setting up.

Has humility.  And an extra dongle arriving by 8pm tomorrow night. blush

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
2/11/19 5:41 p.m.

I have zero interest in anything automotive right now and only come here too browse off topic because I dont use any other forum anymore

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/11/19 6:37 p.m.

I read dropstep's post and immediately wondered if I could buy the zephyr wagon. 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
2/12/19 7:19 a.m.
Stampie said:

I read dropstep's post and immediately wondered if I could buy the zephyr wagon. 

Emotional attachment would overpriced the E36 M3 out of that car. My usual theory with that car is its paid for and stored inside so it can stay forever! The hope is after back surgery I regain motivation.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/12/19 7:47 a.m.
dropstep said:
Stampie said:

Emotional attachment would overpriced the E36 M3 out of that car. My usual theory with that car is its paid for and stored inside so it can stay forever! The hope is after back surgery I regain motivation.

That's why I tend to hang onto all of my projects that I lose momentum on.  I'd hate to regain that motivation and then find that that project is now priced way out of my league.

At the same time, though, it's a slippery slope to being that 85 year old guy with a farm field with 50+ rusting hulks that he REFUSES to sell, because "I'm gonna restore 'em someday".

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
2/12/19 10:55 a.m.

I take kind of a sick pleasure in diagnosing mode of failure in mechanical systems. The more catastrophic the failure and the less backstory I have about it, the better I like it. Mechanical autopsy.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
2/13/19 2:18 a.m.

I'm not sure I'll ever not be atleast mildly amused listening to the smokers complain about it being cold out when they come back in from a smoke break.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
2/13/19 5:01 a.m.

Update. Dongle doesn't work. Couldn't possibly. Oh well bought JBL Moto mod instead. It's a luddites learning curve. blush

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/13/19 5:57 a.m.

In reply to JohnInKansas :

I take it that you like NTSB crash reports too.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/13/19 6:40 a.m.
Daylan C said:

I'm not sure I'll ever not be atleast mildly amused listening to the smokers complain about it being cold out when they come back in from a smoke break.

Or about being broke.

NickD
NickD UberDork
2/13/19 11:54 a.m.

I really don't care for McDonald's food, but I'll go there because they have the touchscreen kiosk ordering and it means I don't have to interact with people.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/13/19 12:05 p.m.

Im not sure if my 3400 miata is faster than my 3500 impala company car. 

I really want to take them both to the dragstrip and find out but I'd lose my job for drag racing my company car

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/13/19 12:06 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Seems totally worth it to find out. 

1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TRdKE70ia3dBwCp8a7fy2DCor3P1d8xjGe50zjqYrdODTYpLKYtRPCEfHKNZZIFc