1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 ... 441
MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/12/19 9:22 a.m.

ordered some paint chips for a future rallycross miata. they are all loud and obnoxious. 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/12/19 10:03 a.m.

Knurled. said:

That is Dunning-Krueger's corollary.  People who are actually very competent tend to underestimate their ability.  I think this is because they're competent enough to recognize their own limitations, even though they are wrong about their limits relative to everyone else
I think you have that backwards, but I'm probably wrong.
Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/12/19 10:18 a.m.

I remember seeing an interview with Frank Zappa where he said something to the effect of  "knowing you're bad at something requires the same knowledge it takes to be good at something". 

Made sense to me. 

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/12/19 9:31 p.m.

I purchased a liter of bottled mango lemonade from Wegmans this week with the idea of making a margarita variant with it. Forgot to get like juice, made it with salt, tequila and triple sec anyways. Kinda tasted like a cough syrup, yet still kinda tasted delightful. 

captdownshift
5/12/19 9:34 p.m.

In reply to MrChaos :

There are very few cars that can pull off loud an obnoxious colours these days, leading to a sea of black,Greys , silvers and whites, miatas pull off loud and bold, spray on. 

captdownshift
5/12/19 9:35 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift :

I would like another pour. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/12/19 9:42 p.m.
captdownshift said:

I purchased a liter of bottled mango lemonade from Wegmans this week with the idea of making a margarita variant with it. Forgot to get like juice, made it with salt, tequila and triple sec anyways. Kinda tasted like a cough syrup, yet still kinda tasted delightful. 

Does that mean that a little lime juice can turn purple drank into a respectable cocktail?

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/12/19 9:48 p.m.

I realized that out of my fleet. The Mustang is the only one I could trust a friend to not kill themselves in if they borrowed it. I'm definitely not living right.

EDIT: Ok for clarification. Only 2 of the 3 run. And the Saturn is on dry rotted tires that really shouldn't be driven on. 

captdownshift
5/12/19 11:16 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Pretty much. It also means that I'm a child as I have a solid amount of maple aged rye that sold out in 2 days and trades in the secondary market for $200 a bottle and I'm crafting a beverage that resembles cough syrup utilizing incredients from a grocery cooler. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/12/19 11:45 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift :

Sometimes you just gotta do science.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/14/19 9:53 a.m.

After a rough night last night (stress from dealing with the water curtain I kind of wish I'd never built and REALLY wish I'd not agreed could be rented to another group...) I said 'berk it' and made a cup of actual, honest-to-goodness tea this morning. For the last 6 months I've been drinking hibiscus flower 'tea' to help with my blood pressure (and cut out on some caffeine which is also supposed to be good)- the golden monkey tea I used to drink tastes so much better...

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
5/14/19 10:46 a.m.

I keep finding the title to my project RX-8 and remember that I actually own the thing.  Since it isn't getting any better I'm thinking I should drag it back home from my friends' house and start dismantling the thing.

Anyone want to make me an offer on a rough 2004 RX-8 that has an electrical gremlin preventing it from running properly?  I paid a grand for it and that was too much..... sad  

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/14/19 10:56 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

If I had the space and the time I'd consider it... but I have neither at the moment. If you do end up parting it out, I might be interested in the engine for the DMC (still haven't decided between a Renesis and the L67 3800 I have sitting on an engine stand).

imgon
imgon HalfDork
5/14/19 9:05 p.m.

Today I was "that guy" on the road.  1st appointment my contact  showed up an hour and half late. Flew through my work to try and get sort of back on schedule and came out to discover that they were doing construction on the block I was parked on and was blocked in at one end of the block by an aerial lift with two guys working on something on the 4th floor. They weren't moving anytime soon. The other end of the block  had a backhoe digging up the road, fortunately they were able to clear a path for me and it looked like I would only be about 20 minutes late for my 2nd appointment. Get nearby the 2nd stop, very frazzled trying to find street parking (downtown Boston) and also not get too far away from closest parking garage.  Driving in the right lane of a one way road and I decide to just bag it and head back to the garage.  There is a cross street coming up so I put my right "blinka" on, I see a bunch of people starting to cross in the  cross walk on the street am going to turn right onto and slow to let them cross. The guy behind me starts beeping his horn and trying to pull out around me. I'm thinking, what a tool he is, he can wait two seconds while these people cross the street. As he is is just about to be able to get around  me he beeps again, so I slam on my brakes and come to a complete stop. He manages to get around me anyway and I glare at him as he drives by and mouth to him "WTF is your problem dude" and proceed to make my turn and then realize I am trying to turn on to a one way road going the wrong way.  DOH! He was just trying to get my attention and it turns out I was the flaming a hole, I hate it when I do stupid stuff. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
5/14/19 10:36 p.m.

In reply to imgon :

We have all been there, I promise.

MrChaos
5/16/19 8:32 a.m.

My new from Mazda NA/NB top is here today. But I am going to look at a DC4 integra tomorrow  instead of a miata...

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/16/19 8:56 a.m.

How much did the top cost you?

MrChaos
5/16/19 9:02 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

$1900 to my door. It is a full hardtop with headliner and defrost with all latches and frankenbolt set, in gelcoat.

If you go through a Mazda Motorsports dealer its like $1750 shipped.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/16/19 9:06 a.m.

That actually seems like a deal compared to the $1,200 hardtops that need work that I see on Craigslist in my area

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/16/19 9:07 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

That actually seems like a deal compared to the $1,200 hardtops that need work that I see on Craigslist in my area

I was just thinking that same thing.

MrChaos
5/16/19 9:10 a.m.

That's why I did it. Even if I dont get a miata now. I will have the tip for when i get another one.

It's also new and not at best 13 years old.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
5/16/19 8:47 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

I keep finding the title to my project RX-8 and remember that I actually own the thing.  Since it isn't getting any better I'm thinking I should drag it back home from my friends' house and start dismantling the thing.

Anyone want to make me an offer on a rough 2004 RX-8 that has an electrical gremlin preventing it from running properly?  I paid a grand for it and that was too much..... sad  

Would you trade for a Grand Marquis? Otherwise Pyro would suddenly be a widow and the RX-8 my coffin.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/17/19 9:23 a.m.

One of my favorite guitarists (Ewan Dobson) is filed under "easy listening: adult contemporary" at CDBaby.

Which is more a matter of ridiculous categorization, but it still makes me feel like I have something terrible to confess.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
5/17/19 10:05 a.m.

In reply to Bent-Valve :

You don't want this thing, it's possessed.

But if you want to discuss it shoot me an: email armstrong 390 at the yahoos (Apparently I still can't send a PM because of Yahoo, grumble)

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
5/17/19 11:58 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

Email sent. Let me know if it doesn't show up.

1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TrsoB4t7JYbBuUsJ94STeASL2O14kmh3tRgbqNsKWKTA8L8tHSmW4qLKlXZAnXhP