1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 ... 441
Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/17/19 2:05 p.m.

I played myself again. Last summer we were pulling the suddenly oil pressure-less 350 from my buddy's Camaro. A bolt we had the chain hooked to broke off. Nobody got hurt and we didn't plan on reusing the heads so we re rigged it and pulled it out. 

Guess what idiot just bought those heads...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/17/19 6:32 p.m.

I have never owned a 6 cylinder engine.

I have never owned a turbocharged engine. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/17/19 7:06 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

My only turbo engine was also a 6. Might not count because it also lacked an ignition system.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/17/19 7:29 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I have never owned a 6 cylinder engine.

I have never owned a turbocharged engine. 

I've never owned anything between 2.6 and 7.0 liters.  Had a few 1.8s, a 1600, a gaggle of rotaries (which I count as 2.3 and 2.6l), a couple of fives, probably some stuff I'm missing... and a couple of big-block Ford of the 429 and 460 persuation.

Go all-in or go home, I figure.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
5/18/19 12:58 a.m.

I'm fully all in on electric vehicles. Especially bikes and motorcycles. There is an extremely good chance my next vehicle will not have any displacement.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/18/19 8:12 a.m.

I brought an sn95 to a car show at the National Corvette Museum this morning because possible door prizes and I like to be annoying sometimes.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
5/18/19 8:37 a.m.
Daylan C said:

I brought an sn95 to a car show at the National Corvette Museum this morning because ... I like to be amazing sometimes.

FTFY

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/18/19 8:43 a.m.

Sweet! the first mini truck just rolled in. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/18/19 12:20 p.m.

So I counted the cars that fit into my category at this show and there is a tiny chance I might be about to win some plastic just because there's so few cars in that category. So I'm holding out to see how this goes.

Either way this is a judged show apparently so you're about to see the lowest concourse score in anything ever.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
5/18/19 1:50 p.m.

Switched on the TV to check the time for the baseball game.  Ended up watching way too much of "Top Secret".  It was stupidly, awesomely funny.  

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/18/19 4:23 p.m.

Instead of working on MonZora today:

Sadly, my name was not drawn from the hopper so I didn’t get to audition.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/18/19 6:39 p.m.

One more car show post. Is it a rule that a red garage queen '57 Chevy has to vomit coolant everywhere at every car show that happens on a slightly warm day? Pretty sure I saw this occur at the last show I went to aswell. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/19/19 5:25 p.m.

Why do I have Ebay ads suggesting I buy a gauge cluster for a Chevy Celebrity? If I do that I'll have to go find a Celebrity to put it in. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/19/19 6:11 p.m.

I kinda want to go to a theme park. Diggerland. I never thought I'd ever want to go to New Jersey for anything. 

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
5/20/19 11:08 a.m.

My wife has called me a jackass of all trades.

That stings a bit.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/20/19 3:30 p.m.

I feel like E36 M3. Why do I feel like E36 M3? Because I just had a big mac. I don't normally eat fast food, and I don't normally eat McDonalds when I do. But I did today. And it was delicious. I will do it again, even though it makes me feel like E36 M3 for the next two hours.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
5/20/19 3:34 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Not a fast food or even chain restaurant guy if at all possible, but Mac D's USED to be my go to.

Then I realized I always felt like E36 M3 afterwards.

Probably haven't eaten at one in ~20 years because of that.

But oh, The Fries! The Fries!

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/20/19 3:43 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

I almost did that yesterday. I get a Big Mac once a year, mostly to remind myself why I don't ever go there the rest of the year. Like going to a night club actually.

Instead I opted for Arbys and for the first time in a very long time, it didn't make me sick as a dog, but the buns were stale and the fries were cold.

wae
wae SuperDork
5/20/19 4:10 p.m.

I might have stopped at Taco Bell today and had eight tacos.  E36 M3's going to get real later on.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/20/19 4:19 p.m.

I've realized that life is not about waiting for the perfect day, it's about learning to ride your motorcycle in the rain. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/20/19 4:24 p.m.
wae said:

I might have stopped at Taco Bell today and had eight tacos.  E36 M3's going to get E36 M3ty later on.

FTFY

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/20/19 4:44 p.m.

In reply to wae :

Great minds must think alike. I did the same thing. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/20/19 6:58 p.m.

I haven't even gotten a plate yet, and have started thinking about modding the new car. 4 hours in.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/20/19 7:35 p.m.

I'm a failure as a Dad, I found out Lil Stampie didn't know what a Duesenberg was. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/20/19 7:38 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I've realized that life is not about waiting for the perfect day, it's about learning to ride your motorcycle in the rain. 

I love it.

1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AzDBTJHZX27IwZzuVyb8LT14u9DVcTWUHbFPXS6a4UvyWk8Ub8kFkuuoBsPYw6ao