1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 ... 441
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/4/19 1:11 p.m.

I just offered my friend $1800 (cash!) for his non-running 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.

He declined, so I offered to throw in my new Tacoma too.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
11/4/19 1:31 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Oh I'm not not contemplating that. 

In reply to eastsideTim :

The 2.3 is heavy for what it is. But the required trans and rear end swap that go with a V8 makes quite a bit of difference. 

I hope my dad takes my offer to trade the stain for his zephyr that used to be my zephyr. I doubt he will but I can hope. 

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve HalfDork
11/4/19 1:58 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I once saw a 2.3 that revved like bike engine and sounded reeeaallly angry.  I have never seen a 302 like that.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy Reader
11/4/19 3:26 p.m.

I wanna v8 swap my wagon, but EVs make me not want to even bother with it.

But knowing how expensive it would be to EV convert my wagon or that the likely hood of a manufacture even producing an EV wagon that I could afford is likely 0, I think I'll still follow through with it.

I kinda just wanna see eight pipes sticking out of the hood of a wagon.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/4/19 6:29 p.m.

Decision was made, going to Vegas next summer for vacation. Everyone will be sick to death of hearing about it long before we actually go, but I think the video from my police chase experience will be worth it.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/4/19 11:55 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

How the berk is something that new not running?

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
11/4/19 11:59 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

FCA. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/5/19 12:23 a.m.

Or JEEP meatheads immediately modifying them with every doo-dad in the catalog all at once and berking something up.

Woody
11/5/19 11:05 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Woody :

Lots of modifications before it ever left the dealership on Thursday.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve HalfDork
11/5/19 8:16 p.m.
RevRico said:

Decision was made, going to Vegas next summer for vacation. Everyone will be sick to death of hearing about it long before we actually go, but I think the video from my police chase experience will be worth it.

Trojan in your pages code. You might want to take it off the post.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/5/19 8:38 p.m.

In reply to Bent-Valve :

Have not seen that with anything else, through chrome on laptop or mobile. But link pulled.

Check YouTube for police chase experience. 

Pit maneuvers look rather tame, but it's crown vics and mustangs on a 1.4 mile course for the chase, where you can be the runner or the cop. 

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
11/6/19 1:44 p.m.

When I bought the Mudstain I thought it had a sporty muffler because it is pretty loud. Nope. Just a stock style muffler with a giant split in the seam. 
My confession: ain't gonna fix it because I think it sounds pretty good. Low standards or bad taste? You decide. 

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/6/19 3:32 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

I have been lazy about finishing the exhaust on dad's truck because he doesn't actually drive it much and I like the unmuffled Hemi on the rare occasion I drive it.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
11/7/19 12:37 a.m.

i wanna build a 40 ford on challenge budget.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/8/19 7:34 p.m.

After driving my Transit Connect for about 6 months, I really felt it could use some more displacement:

The van just wasn't cutting it. It was slow, extremely loud on the inside and the transmission had some issues that I wasn't willing to deal with. It had Ford SYNC which is the AIDS of the in car entertainment world and I was averaging just 22mpg commuting to work. I just picked this up tonight. Its a 2015 1500 with the 5.7 and 8 speed trans with only 28k miles. Its a very basic Express but it has the 3.92 gears and LSD. First thing I did was remove the awful step bars and bug shield. I also have a muffler delete on order so I can hear the Hemi sing laugh

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/8/19 7:55 p.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

I doubt you'll do 22mpg with that pile but I approve of this. Muffler deleted Hemi will probably drone on the interstate but it makes noises that encourage a bit of immature driving. 

Woody
11/8/19 7:55 p.m.
Woody said:
Appleseed said:

In reply to Woody :

Lots of modifications before it ever left the dealership on Thursday.

Bad relay, unrelated to modifications.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
11/8/19 8:15 p.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

You might regret ditching the bug shield during love bug season.

Edit:  Nice truck, regular cab short beds look so right.

stanger_missle
11/8/19 10:05 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

I averaged 19.5 mpg on the 70 mile trip home (I reset the mpg gauge before pulling off of the dealer lot). Which isn't bad considering the 70-85mph speeds and the occasional trans downshift test wink.

It will be hard to not hoon this thing. I spun the tires leaving the dealer because I am used to driving a 170hp minivan. Oops.

stanger_missle
11/8/19 10:13 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Yeah, I'm going to hang on to the bug shield. It's not terrible looking but maybe it will grow on me enough to put it back on.

The regular cab short bed full-size truck is a dying breed. I had another Ram in mind; a crew cab in dark blue but I wanted to park in my garage. The single cab short bed barely fits.

I had a Ram previously; a 2010 1500 single cab short bed that I loved:

I have a thing for regular cab short bed trucks smiley

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/8/19 10:53 p.m.

I just don't understand this modern infatuation with ruining vehicles by removing the muffler.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/8/19 11:28 p.m.

If by modern you mean the last 70 years or so? Its been happening for a long, long time.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/9/19 4:29 a.m.

Not removing.  That landed you a noise ticket before they invented shiny happy person lawyers who picked at the edges of laws to make them enforceable.  See: Modern Hardley Ridisons.

How deaf do you have to be to listen to an open piped car or truck and not have the noise make you crazy after twenty minutes driving?  Hear that subtle engine rattle? Nope.  Hear the wheel bearing failing? Nope.  Hear the radio? Nope.  Hear the firetruck siren behind you? Nope.

Unless you have a camshaft with duration approaching 300 degrees, engines sound bland and stupid at low speeds anyway.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/9/19 5:22 a.m.
barefootskater said:

In reply to Appleseed :

FCA. 

I can't see FCA without thinking MCA and therefore Beastie Boys.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/9/19 5:26 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:Unless you have a camshaft with duration approaching 300 degrees, engines sound bland and stupid at low speeds anyway.

Agreed.  The best sounding engines are the ones that are heavily muffled but it's just not quite working.  I'm thinking things like small-bore Ferrari V12s, and 600+ cubic inch big-block V8s that idle like a bowling ball in a clothes dryer (but only at idle).  Or, hell, just watch Ronin and pay attention to the BMW/Peugeot chase.  THAT sounds GOOD.

When that "best sounding engine" thread turned to Flowmasters on a Mustang, I bit my tongue and left before I went postal on the thread.  Flowmasters on anything is the patron saint of crappy sounding engines.

1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ytr7qm87iq2TeyHuXQpPYOl3zKMprDznlD88bjk9D1Zq99eOfpdLYy9EqMGJcnH0