1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 ... 441
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/11/19 5:17 p.m.
Daylan C said:

In reply to Mndsm :

My E36 M3ty Mustang was the best fun beater I had. I want another but can't decide if I want another crusty beater Mustang or spend more money on a nicer one. Maybe even hold out for an 05-09 GT. (3 valve sucks but I'm ok with the power and like the body style a lot).

But lots of other E36 M3 to take care of first.

Challenge budget. There were a couple cool sn95s in the CAM class that I was pretty into. 

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
11/11/19 5:22 p.m.

Combine the wagon and the E36 M3ty mustang.

Also on the muffler part earlier, I'm glad flowmaster 40s on mustangs stopped being so much of a thing because I grew up on a hill and holy hell was that pretty much all you heard.

My truck had no muffler for about a week and while it was amusing for a bit I very much like the result of the 30" cherry bomb glasspack on it. A bit louder, a bit more burbley but not obnoxious.

The confession will be that the dakota will lose its muffler the second it comes out here to stay and the 18" glasspack from my previous ram will go on it. It will sound awful.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/11/19 5:30 p.m.

Flowmasters on Mustangs was the soundtrack of my high school years and I will never not like that sound.  The rest of you are hopelessly wrong.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/11/19 5:36 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Yes. Challenge budget SN95 is always a good plan. 

slowbird
slowbird Dork
11/11/19 5:51 p.m.
Daylan C said:

In reply to Mndsm :

My E36 M3ty Mustang was the best fun beater I had. I want another but can't decide if I want another crusty beater Mustang or spend more money on a nicer one. Maybe even hold out for an 05-09 GT. (3 valve sucks but I'm ok with the power and like the body style a lot).

But lots of other E36 M3 to take care of first.

i like the 2010 body style. should be cheaper than the 2011s due to not having the coyote. then i would supercharge it like every other mustang.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/11/19 5:55 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

I prefer the 05-09 cars. The 3 valve is the compromise for me. If I get the uglier 2010+ car it better be a 2011+ car with the Coyote.

In a perfect world my 05-09 car would have an LS3 and a t56.

Edit: ok a GT500 would be nice too

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/11/19 6:00 p.m.

It's great to give away a Challenge car because then you can email the "buyer" with a list of hidden berk ups and not feel guilty cause hey it's free. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/11/19 6:25 p.m.
Mndsm said:

Only the freest and most American of the jeeps- the liberty.   

At least they're plentiful in the self service junkyards?

They do pretty well off-road, too, despite the hate for them.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/11/19 6:32 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:
Mndsm said:

Only the freest and most American of the jeeps- the liberty.   

At least they're plentiful in the self service junkyards?

They do pretty well off-road, too, despite the hate for them.

I doubt this one is 4wd. I just today figured out it was an automatic. I really REALLY didn't think this one through. 

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/11/19 6:39 p.m.
Wally said:

Flowmasters on Mustangs was the soundtrack of my high school years and I will never not like that sound.  The rest of you are hopelessly wrong.

I'm baffled by high school being a positive association.

In exchange for putting up with my observation, I'll confess that I'm starting to waste brain cycles on thinking about updating my avatar and/or signature.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/11/19 6:42 p.m.

Also, I apparently failed to notice I'd gone UltimaDork about 200 posts ago...

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/11/19 7:41 p.m.

According to most of you guys, my daughters Neon with a big hole in the muffler must sound pretty darn good.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
11/11/19 9:40 p.m.

I drive a 2.3 ranger that's entire exhaust is about 4 foot long with a burnt out glasspack. It's obnoxious and it amuses me. I just spent an hour this afternoon drifting it around in the snow at 3-5k rpm. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/11/19 9:42 p.m.

Yes, it would. But remember, I'm deaf, so what I hear isn't what you hear.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
11/11/19 10:44 p.m.

Cars that are too quiet start to worry me. Like, how can I hear if the engine is blowing up if I can't hear the engine? Plus I just like zoomy noises.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve HalfDork
11/12/19 11:53 a.m.
dropstep said:

I drive a 2.3 ranger that's entire exhaust is about 4 foot long with a burnt out glasspack. It's obnoxious and it amuses me. I just spent an hour this afternoon drifting it around in the snow at 3-5k rpm. 

I laughed at that. I'd give you two thumbs up if the forum would let me. laugh

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
11/12/19 12:04 p.m.

My E30 ETA has a rusty glasspack of some sort on it.

It's stupid and it's loud and doesn't go with this car at all.

But damn does it make me laugh.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/12/19 12:05 p.m.

My confession: I had to run an errand for work. While I was out, I stopped at Aldi and dropped $20 on snacks. I'm sitting at my desk eating chocolate covered almonds like I'm 8 years old.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/12/19 12:33 p.m.

My entire office is currently being run of an extension cord. That is also powering the tools to rennovate the electrical system. 

Its way sketchier than it sounds. 

The biggest complaint is no stereo.....

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/12/19 7:12 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Overloaded extension cords start a lot of fires.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/12/19 7:17 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

I got the wall outlets safe enough to trip tge breaker back on tonight. 

This whole "teach yourself electrical whipe working overtime and being a dad" thing is not that fun....

And the whole office consists of a printer, laptop, desktop light, two phone chargers, and a fan.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/12/19 7:44 p.m.

That sounds like overloaded. Don't run everything at the same time. And for god's sake, make sure that the cord isn't running under a carpet or couch.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/12/19 7:55 p.m.
Ransom said:
Wally said:

I'm baffled by high school being a positive association.

In exchange for putting up with my observation, I'll confess that I'm starting to waste brain cycles on thinking about updating my avatar and/or signature.

High school itself mostly sucked, but I spent very little of my time there. Most of it was spent running around with my idiot friends. The burbling of V8s through Flowmasters was often the soundtrack that accompanied us.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
11/12/19 8:55 p.m.
Woody said:

Overloaded extension cords start a lot of fires.

I was testing a light before hanging it.  My wife was freaked out when she saw it.  

In the late 1970's I worked for a builder that would run wires from one house to the other to run the furnace or sump pump.  He never used extension cords since they were easily stolen.  I saw a lot of wires pushed into outlets.   Many times I tripped over the wires.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/13/19 12:56 p.m.

Just watched a youtube video on a '76 308 GT4. So of course I immediately looked up the Fubaru thread. It's still right where we left it last year.

1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8YmTgTLpxKtS2g52ZMsW71QBaP5Qy4wcpZTBDHz9URcGT7Z0zodfvE9091Tqq5vd