1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 ... 441
slowbird
slowbird Dork
2/21/20 5:32 p.m.

I drove an HHR quite often for work for a few years (delivering computers and setting them up on various temporary sites) and you couldn't pay me to get in one of those things ever again. I'm 6'2" and my right knee was always jammed up against the key area.

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
2/22/20 6:17 a.m.

In reply to slowbird :

I always wondered how much room those had inside. I'm 6'6"; gotta be picky about vehicles.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/22/20 6:33 a.m.

In reply to Recon1342 :

I used to have a customer who used one to support his roofing business.  Ladder racks on the roof and all.

Today's confession:  Still want an E34 M5.  And there is actually a 95 M3 for sale (my ideal rallycross tool) but it is waaay too nice to rallycross.

And there's a grey market '94 M3 very close to home that has me thinking.  With the real M engine and not the warmed over 325i engine from the US spec M3.  In the screaming yellow color that you absolutely must have in an M3.  Dangit.

Knurled.
2/23/20 12:48 p.m.

I also kind of would like to have another S40, but to satisfy my inner ricer it would have to have the rear wing like my old one did, and that apparently was a very rare option, since I've only ever seen one other.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/23/20 1:22 p.m.

went and looked at a 06 cvpi for a rallycross car, I liked it more than I thought i would,

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/23/20 5:40 p.m.

I'm seriously considering buying a $5k house. I'll see the inside Tuesday and make a decision.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/23/20 5:46 p.m.

We took my nephew shopping at the mall for his birthday.  I forgot how much fun being ten was.  He was surprisingly restrained too.  We got the LEGO store and a comic store and the wife and I both outspent him.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/23/20 6:08 p.m.

Sometimes I raid Lil Stampie's lunch potato chips for the flavors I like. That means I have to send him to school with the not so desirable flavors. I don't feel guilty because hey I'm the one here earning money and buying them in the first place. 

Eurotrash_Ranch
Eurotrash_Ranch New Reader
2/23/20 6:27 p.m.

I gave my kid a York Peppermint Patty for the first time in his life and he loved it. He's been bouncing off walls for the last hour. It's Mrs. Eurotrash_Ranch's turn to bathe and put him to be tonight.

And he learned how to say chocolate too. "Co-co-lit". He's not very good about keeping secrets yet.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/23/20 7:57 p.m.
Knurled. said:

And there's a grey market '94 M3 very close to home that has me thinking.  With the real M engine and not the warmed over 325i engine from the US spec M3.  In the screaming yellow color that you absolutely must have in an M3.  Dangit.

Confession: I'd snipe this car out from under you if I knew where it was, it wasn't rusty and I could afford it.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/23/20 8:06 p.m.

Minor confession:

I love E30 BMWs.

I love E46 BMWs.

I never liked E36 BMWs.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
2/23/20 9:18 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Totally with you.  My wife used to tell me not to drink the kids orange juice (large carton). 

I would reply - I make $50,000 a year and I want a carton of OJ here to drink.  Is that too much to ask?

Knurled.
2/23/20 9:25 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:
Knurled. said:

Confession: I'd snipe this car out from under you if I knew where it was, it wasn't rusty and I could afford it.

Search on Autotrader.  It's in Wadsworth, OH and is listed at around $23k.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
2/24/20 11:34 a.m.

Just requested the week of the challenge off.  Still don’t really have a solid plan (or space) for an entry.  Guess I should get on that.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
2/24/20 11:44 a.m.

In reply to Woody :

I think that's the typical consensus. The E36 is just ugly.

But I also think the E30 sedan is ugly now that I own one.

I think the 3 series just needs to be a two-door to look nice to me.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
2/24/20 11:52 a.m.

In reply to FuzzWuzzy :

I also feel that way,. The E46 is a great-looking car that has aged very well, same as the E39, and doesn't look dated. The E30 looks dated, but in a good classic way. The E36 is an awkward evolutionary in-between that looks dated in a bad way, like C4 Corvette dated, and just looks really cheap and chintzy.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
2/24/20 12:21 p.m.

You guys are nuts.  The e36 is a perfectly nice looking car.  The coupe is particularly handsome.

They are a pile of E36 M3, but they are a pretty pile of E36 M3.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/24/20 12:21 p.m.

I want to build a pro street car for the challenge. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/24/20 2:00 p.m.

If I had my way at the moment there would be 3 more cars inbound to my ownership in the near future...  1-2 of them may very well happen. It's a lot at once. There's money I can use for it, but it's supposed to be savings....

NickD
NickD PowerDork
2/24/20 2:53 p.m.

I am considering buying a Hyundai Genesis Coupe for winter usage because A) RWD snow hoonage B) when NY salt eventually eats it up, I won't feel too bad because it's an inferior chassis and I'm not using up a WRX or a Focus RS or an S2000 or something.

Knurled.
2/24/20 4:59 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Have you driven one?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/24/20 5:08 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

Just requested the week of the challenge off.  Still don’t really have a solid plan (or space) for an entry.  Guess I should get on that.

I'm supposed to be moving that weekend. I haven't even looked at, let alone bought a house. I still might enter. 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/20 5:43 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

You guys are nuts.  The e36 is a perfectly nice looking car.  The coupe is particularly handsome.

They are a pile of E36 M3, but they are a pretty pile of E36 M3.

E36: It's mostly the headlights that I hate. My wife says that hate is a very strong word, but I hate them. The tail lights are only marginally better.

Not that there's anything particularly special about the E30's lights, but they all just work so well together.

The E46 flows so nicely from end to end. It's one of the few cars that looks better as a sedan than as a coupe. Except maybe the E46 M3, but that's a whole different deal.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
2/24/20 7:18 p.m.

I've started looking at the 96-04 body style ford trucks even though I dislike the body style because they are cheaper and that means more fun money. Shame I can't just blow my tax return plus what I have saved.

wae
wae UltraDork
2/24/20 7:41 p.m.

Once a month, I go up to the local nursing home and for an hour play bingo with anywhere from 6-15 folks there.  I wake up in the morning absolutely dreading it, spend all day resenting it, and the five minute drive there from the house planning the phone call I'm going to make on Tuesday telling the group that I just can't do it any more.

But without fail, as soon as 1900 hits and I start, I wind up having a great time and after an hour, I'm wishing I could stay for another hour and can't wait until next month when it's my day again. 

1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
k96VYhuV2cywgLjXkqTrBSYR265qvm2yHpPB5CHjfXs0OO5usa5aipeKFX5L81Q6