4/28/20 5:37 p.m.
Mndsm said:

In reply to dropstep :

Yeah, you wanted a new amp. 

Now you sound just like my wife

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/28/20 6:38 p.m.

I'm at witts end with part stores. There inability to get anything in correct, and do anything right is continuing to give me gray hairs. 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
4/28/20 8:08 p.m.
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm at witts end with part stores. There inability to get anything in correct, and do anything right is continuing to give me gray hairs. 

If your having that much trouble show up with a part number, I'm not sure about all the stores but as a guy who never sold a part in my life until 3 months ago the system were I work is kind of idiot proof unless the customer gives the wrong information 

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/28/20 8:11 p.m.

In reply to dropstep :

My big one today was I ordered bearings Friday. Dude found they where out of stock, ordered different ones and didn't tell me. Dropped them off at the house, and they where not only the wrong ones, wrong size. 

The walking in I'm looking for "insert part number" and the wrong item is in the box. Lots of that. Also lots of parts plain not being right.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/28/20 9:16 p.m.

I was talking to Lil Stampie on the phone.  When his mom asked who he was talking to I might have offered him $5 to tell her he was talking to his new girlfriend he met at the convenience store down the street.  It was worth the $5 to hear her reaction.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
4/29/20 2:19 p.m.

I don't know what day it is.

And I'm still working every day. 

I would have bet anything it was Tuesday. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/29/20 2:44 p.m.

In reply to SaltyDog :

I thought yesterday was Wednesday.  Now that today is actually  Wednesday, I am slightly uneasy in accepting what day it realy is.

wae (Forum Supporter)
wae (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/29/20 6:51 p.m.

Someone made this entire bottle of Riesling disappear.  It might have been me.

11GTCS
11GTCS Reader
4/29/20 8:15 p.m.

I’ve been too busy to have an actual purchase to participate in the “Ridulous Coronavirus Purchase” thread other than to be a cheerleader.   Wait, isn’t this the minor win thread?  (Very grateful to be working, humbled really.) 

I thought it was Tuesday too.  Cripes...

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/29/20 8:23 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

I was talking to Lil Stampie on the phone.  When his mom asked who he was talking to I might have offered him $5 to tell her he was talking to his new girlfriend he met at the convenience store down the street.  It was worth the $5 to hear her reaction.

We need more parents like you. 

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/29/20 8:30 p.m.
wae (Forum Supporter) said:

Amateur.

Start getting the one liter boxes…smaller, lighter, less clanky, no cork screw required, and you get 1/3 more before you say to yourself, berk, I’ve killed a whole bottle.

You're welcome. devil

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/29/20 9:19 p.m.
RX Reven' said:
wae (Forum Supporter) said:

Amateur.

Start getting the one liter boxes…smaller, lighter, less clanky, no cork screw required, and you get 1/3 more before you say to yourself, berk, I’ve killed a whole bottle.

You're welcome. devil

Can't even say you killed a whole bottle. No bottle! 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/30/20 7:56 a.m.

Multilevel minor confession here:

1) I'm replaying LEGO City Undercover with DW on the PS4.

2) One of the minifig hero's signature fight moves is a Canadian Destroyer...

3) ...and I recognized it by name as a Canadian Destroyer.

4) I just like saying Canadian Destroyer.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/30/20 2:54 p.m.

It's stormy and really windy here in Dela-where today.

I have a large sycamore tree over my driveway that I'm sure you've all read me beyotching about.  There have been a couple of fairly substantial loose branches stuck in it, too high for me to reach even with my pole saw at full extension.

I'm too scared to go outside and look to see if they've blown down onto the cars.  Both already have roof dings from smaller branches.

I hate this berking tree but my yard - and even the neighborhood - would be a much poorer place if I had it removed.

dculberson (Forum Supporter)
dculberson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/30/20 9:46 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I loooove our sycamore trees but I would feel a whole lot different if they were anywhere near my driveway. Those trees really enjoy dropping branches!!

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
5/1/20 5:23 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

There is a row of red pines along the property edge here that some sort of bug or illness has started killing off, and any time it's windy I get real nervous, because they get whipping around pretty could and are just waiting to break off and hit the garage or the house or the driveway or the back storage garage. They need to go, but they're in a hard place to drop, plus you'd drop them all and that'd leave a huge hole.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
5/1/20 6:10 a.m.

I faked the moon landings.

I'm more proud than ashamed as the first one technically "occurred" a few years before I was born. 

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
5/1/20 2:00 p.m.

Any time I see someone complaining on Facebook that they don't have the new "Care" react, I ironically throw one down on that post to let them know I'm better than them and have it. I think that makes me a bad person.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/1/20 2:12 p.m.
dculberson (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Duke :

I loooove our sycamore trees but I would feel a whole lot different if they were anywhere near my driveway. Those trees really enjoy dropping branches!!

So I went out this morning and the damn thing dropped about 147 branches all over my front yard and driveway, none of which were the 2 currently still hanging like the sword of Damocles over my driveway.

NickD said:

Any time I see someone complaining on Facebook that they don't have the new "Care" react, I ironically throw one down on that post to let them know I'm better than them and have it. I think that makes me a bad person.

Ever since it showed up in my FB, I've been using it for every reaction, no matter how I actually feel about the subject.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
5/1/20 2:15 p.m.
Duke said:
NickD said:

Ever since it showed up in my FB, I've been using it for every reaction, no matter how I actually feel about the subject.

Me too, I've been throwing that thing around, mainly to irritate. I see a lot of people making "I keep using this damn Care react when I'm trying to use the Laugh react" posts to, and that's an immediate target for a salvo of Care reacts in my book.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
5/1/20 5:36 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/1/20 8:18 p.m.

It’s been “required” for a week now and in my head I know it’s a helpful thing, but I confess I still feel like a massive dork wearing a mask at the grocery store (even though everyone else is doing it too)

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/1/20 9:04 p.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) said:

It’s been “required” for a week now and in my head I know it’s a helpful thing, but I confess I still feel like a massive dork wearing a mask at the grocery store (even though everyone else is doing it too)

*not implying that you are a dummy, this just spells it out in a way that we can all understand.

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/1/20 9:13 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

**I didn’t take it that way, it made me laugh. It’s my favorite explanation so far and I’ll probably steal it.

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
5/1/20 10:06 p.m.

Was trying to help my sister find a normal car and found a cheap Mazdaspeed6. Apparently that's not what she had in mind.

1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Yc0y2Cib2xR77v4yixm4l9pCvEmud9xUx0sdwhgjjLEQFgUEO0PlCMkamFwlghMi