1 ... 280 281 282 283 284 ... 441
Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/1/20 10:20 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C (Forum Supporter) :

She obviously needs a smoke smelling Cadillac.

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
5/1/20 10:45 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

That one's gone unfortunately. Currently sitting in Indy waiting to be a demo drag car. She also knows that car and as such wants nothing to do with it. 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
5/1/20 11:28 p.m.

I must have sounded like a pimply ten year old when I asked the guy who just pulled into Sheetz lot, Hey mister, what is that?

'17 Chevy SS bought new, manual w/ LS7 swap, 750+ RWHP after sprinkling generous $$,$$$ over it. 

Geezoi, first one I seen in the wild.

There's hope for my backwoods county yet.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/2/20 10:20 a.m.

I paid my kid $10 a coat for painting the horizontal part of the porch. Just so i didn't have to. 

And then gave an ice cream bonus.

I love child labor. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/2/20 10:27 a.m.
Woody said:
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) said:

It’s been “required” for a week now and in my head I know it’s a helpful thing, but I confess I still feel like a massive dork wearing a mask at the grocery store (even though everyone else is doing it too)

*not implying that you are a dummy, this just spells it out in a way that we can all understand.

I keep seeing this argument and it brings me back to the thought that even without pants, I've never pissed on anyone. And the people that still would (the very Young) are exempt from pants anyhow. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/2/20 10:32 a.m.
Mndsm said:
Woody said:
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) said:

It’s been “required” for a week now and in my head I know it’s a helpful thing, but I confess I still feel like a massive dork wearing a mask at the grocery store (even though everyone else is doing it too)

*not implying that you are a dummy, this just spells it out in a way that we can all understand.

I keep seeing this argument and it brings me back to the thought that even without pants, I've never pissed on anyone. And the people that still would (the very Young) are exempt from pants anyhow. 

We clearly live in different worlds. 

5/2/20 7:46 p.m.

I've owned a Miata a month and I already have 4 sets of wheels.

hobiercr (FS)
hobiercr (FS) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/2/20 8:50 p.m.

I REALLY need to stay off FB Marketplace. 

5/2/20 9:26 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr (FS) :

You're finding good stuff though. Keep it up.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/2/20 10:05 p.m.

Marketplace might be the reason I finally join that cesspool of humanity. 

Stampie (FS)
5/2/20 10:09 p.m.
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) said:

I've owned a Miata a month and I already have 4 sets of wheels.ou 

You just made me realize that one of my best wheel set buys for the Challege are for a build I don't plan on doing anymore.  Maybe ...

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
5/2/20 11:15 p.m.

I tried to pull an unwanted shrub out of the ground with my MGB-GT today.

Shrub: 1

MG: 0

I should have filmed it, but imagine an MG chained to a tiny shrub, spinning tires in the grass.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
5/3/20 1:38 p.m.

Tonight's the first night in my new apartment.  As I lay here on the couch appreciating the peace and quiet, I do feel bad about SWMBO.  Today is our ten year anniversary.

No bridges burned, we're still trying to be friendly, but I know things will get harder for her in my absence.  I just hope she rises from the flames a stronger and more independent person.  That's what I'm trying for, at least.

mjrj (Forum Supporter)
mjrj (Forum Supporter) New Reader
5/3/20 2:54 p.m.

I've always felt like I've been on this forum forever even though I lurked since 2015? and joined almost 2 years ago.  Then I renewed my subscription to GRM and got my 1st magazine in something like 10 years.  Reading the editorial last night it hit me.

The forum has the same font as the magazine.  No wonder it felt familiar.

dculberson (Forum Supporter)
dculberson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/3/20 3:10 p.m.

In reply to JamesMcD :

My results with my f250 were very different. The bush came up so easily I assumed my strap had slipped. Nope! 4 low plus granny gear and creep forward and schloop! No more bush. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/3/20 3:13 p.m.

In reply to JamesMcD :

We found the key with my 2wd Silverado is to get the chain around the bush a foot or two off the ground,  then use a momentum approach. Trying to snug the chain and then giving it the beans just rutted up the driveway 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/3/20 4:07 p.m.

I thought bursh removal was for Volkswagens.  Just use the crub to help.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/3/20 4:12 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

I thought bursh removal was for Volkswagens.  Just use the crub to help.

Don't forget the fents. 

Stampie (FS)
5/3/20 4:41 p.m.

I want to 07K swap a Boxster, no top, and cut down the windshield to 6 inches high.  I'm trying to talk myself out of this but can't come up with a good reason not to.

ThurdFerguson (Freeloader)
ThurdFerguson (Freeloader) Reader
5/3/20 5:02 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

I want to 07K swap a Boxster, no top, and cut down the windshield to 6 inches high.  I'm trying to talk myself out of this but can't come up with a good reason not to.

I know of a guy in Oklahoma who can hook ya up.

He's got a boxster problem, if you know what I mean.  wink

Stampie (FS)
5/3/20 5:20 p.m.

In reply to ThurdFerguson (Freeloader) :

That guy is the start of this problem.  This board needs an ignore button so I'll stop getting bad ideas.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/4/20 10:50 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Marketplace might be the reason I finally join that cesspool of humanity. 

That is not a good enough reason.

Scott

I kinda miss driving my minivan. It was a 2015 Transit Connect cargo van. I traded it in in November for a 2015 Ram 1500. It handled way better than my Ram, even after installing front and rear Hellwig away bars on the truck. The truck just feels vague and ponderous. Sure the truck is way faster and makes sex noises when you open the Hemi up but it's not very enjoyable to drive.

Maybe in the future I'll try another TC but next time a passenger version. With lower miles. And a not dying 6F35.

dculberson (Forum Supporter)
dculberson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/4/20 7:18 p.m.

I think I've Peter principled myself into two kids. I feel like a marine drill seargent has been yelling at me. 

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
5/5/20 9:00 a.m.

I still really want a '90-'93 Integra but after 3 or 4 attempts at buying them over the years have all ended extremely poorly thanks to flakey sellers, I have resigned myself to the fact that I am just not meant to own one. I am still mad that the one guy bailed on me who was selling the '90 with a B18C1 swap, Vibrant exhaust, Tein suspension and some other goodies that just needed the correct flywheel to run (that a friend had and was going to give me for free) for $800. I was at his apartment door, with the money in my hand, and the car had to go that Friday or it was being impounded and he would not come to the door.

1 ... 280 281 282 283 284 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QknNpOxE5NT2qqpwmqouyKKBX5eTKuwGQies99s9SNpZt8fJdayJq09ebTD0JPpW