Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/21/20 9:56 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

Change your pants.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
5/22/20 12:36 a.m.

Some of the challenge build threads have me wanting to trash talk so bad. If by some miracle I actually finish and the world hasn't ended and we actually make it to Florida, I know that these builds will be faster than mine and better executed, but damn I want to talk some smack. Not sure why. Maybe because at heart I'm still a punk-ass 14yo. I mean, still totally obsessed with T and A, so...

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
5/22/20 10:59 a.m.

I woke up in the middle of the night, convinced that I had just bought a Lotus Elise, green with black seats - basically the S2 (US) version of the one I owned in the UK about a decade back.

I think I better check my garage in case this was a case of sleep-ebaying.

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) MegaDork
5/22/20 12:54 p.m.
barefootskater said:

Some of the challenge build threads have me wanting to trash talk so bad. If by some miracle I actually finish and the world hasn't ended and we actually make it to Florida, I know that these builds will be faster than mine and better executed, but damn I want to talk some smack. Not sure why. Maybe because at heart I'm still a punk-ass 14yo. I mean, still totally obsessed with T and A, so...

This reminds me of a compliment style rap battle I saw on Youtube, where most of the dissing was self-directed. It was hilarious.

stroker
stroker UberDork
5/22/20 9:05 p.m.

My minor confession is that I really, really miss the Good God Almighty thread...

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
5/23/20 10:23 a.m.

I blew up my kids tricycle tire trying to follow instructions.

"Inflate to 36psi" 

Yea, don't do that. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/23/20 10:25 a.m.
stroker said:

My minor confession is that I really, really miss the Good God Almighty thread...

There's an internet for that. 

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
5/23/20 11:08 p.m.

I did some hardcore enabling today. I might end up regretting this or it might end up being awesome. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/25/20 2:14 a.m.

Maybe it's a regional thing but snowmachine never sounded good to me. Almost like an archaic term like flying machine. Snowmobile. That's just right.

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
5/25/20 8:38 p.m.

My buddy's folks just bought some land that has a narrow twisty and fairly long road acting as a driveway. Discussions of timed hill climb runs have begun and so far we're having classes for busses, tow pigs, tow pigs with trailers, cars, and lawn mowers. The current course record is assumed to be held by a 1940s GMC bus but we haven't started timed runs yet. 

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo Mod Squad
5/26/20 9:06 a.m.
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) said:

My buddy's folks just bought some land that has a narrow twisty and fairly long road acting as a driveway. Discussions of timed hill climb runs have begun and so far we're having classes for busses, tow pigs, tow pigs with trailers, cars, and lawn mowers. The current course record is assumed to be held by a 1940s GMC bus but we haven't started timed runs yet. 

Two Confession Tuesday:

1) I've had the same thought about my in-laws driveway/land

2) when I'm scrolling through latest threads, I always read this thread title as "Accessory Wing Overkill", not 'Wiring'

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
5/26/20 10:40 a.m.

A super lazy moment for me: Two years ago, when I swapped the engine in the Miata and pulled the hood off, I broke one of the 30 year old plastic tees in the windshield washer line. I made a half-hearted attempt to find one at a local parts store and had no luck, so I've driven it for 2 years with the full washer bottle bolted into the car, but not hooked up. This weekend, after 2 years, I finally decided to rectify that. But I didn't hook it up, no, I just unbolted the washer bottle and removed it from the car.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/28/20 9:43 a.m.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
5/28/20 10:00 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

You're special.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/28/20 10:00 a.m.

I demoted a guy who has worked for me for seven years, he wasn't getting the job done but I still had a hard time doing it.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
5/29/20 6:56 a.m.

My eye was really bothering me yesterday. I thought it was old contacts so I took them out. This morning I discovered my my eyebrows were so long they were curling into my eye. I need better grooming habits. 

wae (Forum Supporter)
wae (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/29/20 12:11 p.m.

Because of the kung flu, the grade school awards ceremony was done via a YouTube video.  I put it on 2x playback speed and only slowed it down when they got to the grades my kids are in.  That was so much better than usual.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/29/20 12:19 p.m.
wae (Forum Supporter) said:

Because of the kung flu, the grade school awards ceremony was done via a YouTube video.  I put it on 2x playback speed and only slowed it down when they got to the grades my kids are in.  That was so much better than usual.

I HATE award ceremonies and graudations. Hate them. If I was a senior right now, I'd be very happy about this. 

Of course, my cousin is a senior, is valedvictorian, and easily the best athlete his school has seen in years... so for him, a major bummer. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
5/29/20 8:48 p.m.

I just realized I have a lot of booze that after an incident I refused to drink it ever again.  Then one day I just gave it all up.  

Crown Royal shots

Yukon Jack shots

Cold Peppermint Schnapps shots

Jack Daniels shots

Mickey's Wide Mouths

Mixing A lot of Wine with a lot of Beer in the same evening   

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
5/29/20 9:11 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

I just realized I have a lot of booze that after an incident I refused to drink it ever again.  Then one day I just gave it all up.  

Crown Royal shots

Yukon Jack shots

Cold Peppermint Schnapps shots

Jack Daniels shots

Mickey's Wide Mouths

Mixing A lot of Wine with a lot of Beer in the same evening   

There is a story about Knurled and Aftershock and July 4 that won't get posted online.

It was like the Great Rum Incident of 2014 but without all the "used coolant" (66/33 Lime Gatorade/Everclear, NEVER go drinking with someone from Poland and someone from Tennessee).

Again, not gonna tell ya.  But it was probably about as bad as you are imagining.

1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 ... 291
Our Preferred Partners
W2lk5n8qj0X4n6eLCBPAtf21xJiFpwK2VYCAaf8rckSGIsb6e5dNrZ2roeCHMqTk