1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 ... 441
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/29/20 9:15 p.m.

Minorconfession:  Epic Rap Battles still makes me giggle.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
5/29/20 9:32 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Some random guy from KY offered me some red koolaid/everclear mix out of a gallon jug the night before the Indy 500 in 1982. Just take a big swig he says.  Try that in 2020 Covid.

Usually when everclear shows up somebodies blowing chunks later into the evening. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
5/29/20 9:43 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

It's a disinfectant.

And yes, blowing chunks definitely involved.  But not because of the Everclear.  Could drink enough of that to completely forget how to sit upright.  But rum?  That was a big nope.

The funny part, the part that always makes me laugh and be proud of myself, was the next morning, when we all went to Big Boy's (or whatever it is called in middle Michigan) for breakfast, and I ate one of everything on the menu and felt generally awesome, while one of the perpetrators ordered two slices of toast and stared at them for a half hour.  I might be a lightweight who can only drink the equivalent of most of a fifth of liquor before transforming from suck to blow, but I have YET to have a hangover.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/20 7:57 a.m.

Yesterday when I got home from mountain biking, I discovered that I was wearing three pairs of shorts.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
5/30/20 5:02 p.m.

I just had the incredibly stupid idea of a Shelby Cobra powered by a flathead V8 and I think it's going to stick with me for a while.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/30/20 5:11 p.m.

While I am on a no lift, no carry, no exertion order for the time being, I'm not exactly sad at being out of work. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
5/30/20 5:57 p.m.
slowbird said:

I just had the incredibly stupid idea of a Shelby Cobra powered by a flathead V8 and I think it's going to stick with me for a while.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
5/31/20 3:52 p.m.

Yes, that was me. Sorry it smells so bad. But it sounded like a two-step and I'm pretty proud of that. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/1/20 12:16 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
slowbird said:

I'll alow it if its an injected Ardun flatty.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/1/20 10:20 a.m.

As much as I love WFH my body has been an absolute wreck since the SIP started. It started with numbness in my middle and ring fingers on my left hand then worked it's way up to getting a stinger in my left arm once in a while. I decided that the desk I built into the nook in our bedroom 15 years ago was too high and my monitors too low. I had to raise the 200lb cabinet above the desk 5 inches to raise the monitors. That was fun. I raised my chair and monitors up about 2" and the tingling is only in my middle finger now, but good grief my back has been a mess. I'm not sleeping well and I wake up with my low back in a huge knot every day.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
6/1/20 3:53 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
slowbird said:

I've seen that photo a bunch of places but can never find the story behind it. It doesn't look like a land speed car. I know the McMeekin Bros. had a flathead-powered 240SX because the SCTA puts all flathead-powered cars in the same class (XF) regardless of the body. So while most people choose to be traditionalists and run their hot flatheads in '30s cars with barndoor aerodynamics, you can put them in cars with newer aero and kick ass in those classes.

I think after they got tired of roughing up the XF classes, they went and put an Aurora Indy Car V8 in it and really went fast.

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
6/1/20 4:53 p.m.

I just sat down with my computer on my lap to write an email, got distracted, and started browsing GRM.

Then someone texted me, so I picked up my phone, got distracted, and started browsing GRM.

It wasn't until I opened the hotlink thread and realized that I just saw that same picture ~30 seconds ago that I realized what I had done.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/1/20 6:21 p.m.
slowbird said:

I'll allow it.

I wanted to put a Shelby-Dodge 2.2 turbo in one, complete with Shelby valve cover.  I figure tuned to 300hp/300lb-ft it would propel it along just fine.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/1/20 6:57 p.m.

Lil Stampie and I use a propane torch to light our charcoal grill and welding gloves to handle hot items while grilling.  I didn't think this was out of line until Grandma Stampie questioned it.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/1/20 7:27 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

I have a pair of Mechanix gloves for grill. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/1/20 7:30 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Minorconfession:  Epic Rap Battles still makes me giggle.

I watched it for like 3 hours the other day. Deep hole, that. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/1/20 7:32 p.m.
Appleseed said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
slowbird said:

I'll alow it if its an injected Ardun flatty.

Ardun heads have to go on a Corvette, not a Camaro.  For reasons.

(it's because of where the name "Ardun" came ffom)

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/1/20 9:17 p.m.

80% of the reason I want a Hakone edition GT86 is because they are cool.

The other 20% is because of a battle scene from an awesome anime.

Hey. some people buy $200 figurines, I buy cars.

EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter)
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
6/2/20 8:31 p.m.

Lately I have been thinking about a conversation I had with a stranger back in February. A woman came into the store where I work and we talked briefly, mostly a normal retail chit chat conversation but something seemed off. There was a sadness in her. I asked her, "are you ok?" She shared with me that she had very advanced cancer and her doc didn't expect her to live until spring, and that spring was her favorite season. I was moved and gave her a hug, which she seemed grateful for. Afterward I was sad and angry that she wasn't likely to enjoy just one more spring. I haven't seen her since. I hope that she passed peacefully and without pain. I hope she did not spend her final days watching the world descend into chaos.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/2/20 9:44 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) :

I hope she got to see spring.

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
6/2/20 9:50 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

Lil Stampie and I use a propane torch to light our charcoal grill and welding gloves to handle hot items while grilling.  I didn't think this was out of line until Grandma Stampie questioned it.

I call them my "manly oven mitts."

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
6/3/20 11:22 p.m.

I came to work one night and there was legitimately nothing to do. After I mopped the whole shop and wiped down a few machines, I got paid to watch Supergirl. 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/4/20 6:24 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

I have a pair of Mechanix gloves for grill. 

I love Mechanix gloves, but the are not fireproof.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
6/7/20 8:03 a.m.
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) said:

I came to work one night and there was legitimately nothing to do. After I mopped the whole shop and wiped down a few machines, I got paid to watch Supergirl. 

Other than the Supergirl part, you just described the last 3 months of my life.

(Shop teacher in an engineering college)

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/20 9:25 a.m.

In reply to Woody :

I just use them to move the grates around, I try not to touch any actual fire since I lost all my leg hair.

1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xWJavK06IC9dUHaSSQEge6zx4tjnhkSDMv4B6bJWUYwSkJqL0AhJsiHJZvGqY0iT