1 ... 291 292 293 294 295 ... 441
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/10/20 9:28 p.m.

In reply to Chesterfield :

It's not all lost, it came at a time where I was in a financial position to buy some equipment that i had been after for a long time to attempt to make myself somewhat solvent without relying on someone else. It's a slow process, but I clearly have the time on my hands. 

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
7/10/20 10:10 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

That is great to hear.  I was able to get a lot of reading done, and I did to enjoy driving my project car even if I could not really work on it.

G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter)
G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/11/20 4:24 a.m.

Shots of vodka chased with gin was a mistaaaaake

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/12/20 6:05 a.m.

I'd love to have a C3.   I know they are horrid cars to drive, but the interiors are an interesting place to be.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/13/20 5:00 p.m.

I've been enjoying replying to people on facebook who refer to those of us who wear masks as sheep, with some comment about the SSS and Conscription. If I go further, I'll get into politics, but it is pretty predictably funny.

Pete. (l33t FS)
7/13/20 5:39 p.m.

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

Better a sheep than a plague rat.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/13/20 5:45 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I worked for a corvette resto shop in high school.  For a little while I had a very rough 1980 as a parts runner. For a car with embarrassingly little power, worn everything, and an automatic it was an absolute ball. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
7/13/20 6:04 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

I've driven lots of C3s, most of them low compression Endura bumpered automatic driver-quality ones.  They feel like Radio Flyer wagons except with less chassis rigidity.  Like the chassis flexes more than the suspension moves.  Very nervous feeling.

There was one good example, though, a '69 427/4-speed car.  It felt GOOD to drive.  I think it's because it was a recent restoration and the frame and body mounts were all in good shape.  I got out of it thinking "wow, a C3 that wasn't sketchy as all hell!"

I love the interiors though.  And the driving position: sit up, knees up, steering wheel in your lap, kind of like a Ford of the era.  Downside  Hydraulic ram power steering, like a Ford of the era...

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/13/20 6:12 p.m.

A freshly restored one is a very nice driving car, ours was beyond tired. If I angled into our driveway I couldn't open the doors. It was still fun to play around with.  

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/13/20 7:32 p.m.

The Amazon delivery lady just informed me that I ordered 70 pounds of Gatorade. 

Woody
7/13/20 7:33 p.m.

And just to be clear, the lady driver worked for Amazon. She was a regular sized woman. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/13/20 8:32 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

How much is 70lbs of Gatorade? Like 3 cases?

Woody
7/13/20 8:39 p.m.
Mndsm said:

In reply to Woody :

How much is 70lbs of Gatorade? Like 3 cases?

48 20 oz. bottles. Four twelve packs, at about seven bucks each.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/13/20 9:26 p.m.

I washed my "fun" car for the first time in two years yesterday. I really should re-wash it and wax it.

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
7/13/20 9:29 p.m.

In the mid 90s, I was trying to buy a coworker's 76 vette because he needed money. Then my friend was trying to work a multi car trade, so he get back the torino he sold me. If the trade worked out, I would have ended up with a 77 vette with rancho suspension. Unfortunately, the coworker sold his vette while he was on vacation, and the multi car trade fell through. I still have not decided if not having 2 70s vette was a good thing or not. I still kinda want a C3 vette, so maybe I did not learn my lesson.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
7/15/20 7:00 p.m.

Friend from college's daughter is turning 6, they can't have the birthday party they want for her due to COVID.  The girl loves receiving mail, so her parents put their address out on social media, requesting birthday cards, to help ease the sting of being told she can't have a party.

Their daughter is getting an anonymous gift package from Amazon, that contains a Yamaha recorder. devil

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/15/20 7:13 p.m.

Lil Stampie just made a deal with me.

He gets:

Ice Cream and Poptarts for dinner.

I get:

His help from 8am to 10am on the Model T.

He not only picks up the front lawn but he mows it also.

He can only complain 5 times or he loses his phone for the day.

I have two confessions.

1)  We just got back from vacation so I was thinking of offering ice cream for dinner anyway since there's nothing else to eat in the house.

2)  I've failed as a father to teach him negotiating skills.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/15/20 7:43 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Who proposed the ice cream for dinner trade? Did he? 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/15/20 7:45 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

He saw the ice cream and then:

One time only can I have ice cream for dinner ... oh look there's pop tarts too ...

Then I went in for the kill.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
7/16/20 11:35 a.m.

Driving the company truck makes me want to sell my big old truck and buy something newer

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/16/20 12:21 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

Lil Stampie just made a deal with me.

He gets:

Ice Cream and Poptarts for dinner.

I get:

His help from 8am to 10am on the Model T.

He not only picks up the front lawn but he mows it also.

He can only complain 5 times or he loses his phone for the day.

I have two confessions.

1)  We just got back from vacation so I was thinking of offering ice cream for dinner anyway since there's nothing else to eat in the house.

2)  I've failed as a father to teach him negotiating skills.

I'd mow for ice cream, just saying

11GTCS
11GTCS Reader
7/16/20 1:44 p.m.
dj06482 said:

I washed my "fun" car for the first time in two years yesterday. I really should re-wash it and wax it.

I've washed mine exactly once in the four years I've had it.   A bucket of warm water, chamois and detailing spray other than that.   It's amazing what a car cover and a garage will do.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
7/21/20 8:03 p.m.

The $15 model kit I bought has ugly wheels and I'm contemplating spending upwards of $50 to get some nice fancy wire wheels for it. This is probably not smart money management.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/21/20 9:14 p.m.

Instead of worrying about someone's opinion of me, I need to start asking myself why do I give a berkeley? 

Woody
7/21/20 9:31 p.m.

I miss Thag. 

1 ... 291 292 293 294 295 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0mtOp0mNBDCBvu1RK29lA0VFJnBscS98zHGCQ5VAeFZqSpdBpYWjgJ9tutuKgR1U