1 ... 311 312 313 314 315 ... 441
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/22/20 2:47 p.m.

Pretty sure that I fell asleep a couple of times today while driving the mower. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/22/20 2:49 p.m.

I crashed the forklift into the awning today. berkeleyed up a bunch of aluminum. Feel like a total tool box. 

EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter)
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/22/20 3:33 p.m.

Last night I made all manner of dumb, rookie mistakes. Felt like a complete dumbass. Can't even blame it on lack of sleep. 

Wow, you people are really killin' it.

Since misery loves company, I berked up putting a head gasket on my engine build project. After I timed it. Belt, valve cover, and head have to come off for a new gasket.

CJ (He's Just an FS)
CJ (He's Just an FS) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/22/20 5:09 p.m.

When I get tired, I get stupid.  Seems like I'm tired all the time anymore...

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/22/20 5:17 p.m.

I lost track of the burgers, now all of them are at least well done. My wife is happy and gleefully took the charred hockey pucks, but I usually keep two in the medium range so I can enjoy them. 

I ate one anyhow, but it wasn't very good.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/22/20 5:29 p.m.

I'm thinking about cleaning up my appearance just to make a deal.  Hard to cold call/knock when you look like a hobo.

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
9/22/20 7:21 p.m.

I potentially have the opportunity to buy my old 2 door 2wd XJ back from my sister for scrap value. I want it but I have no clue why.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/22/20 7:25 p.m.
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) said:

I potentially have the opportunity to buy my old 2 door 2wd XJ back from my sister for scrap value. I want it but I have no clue why.

I'd do it. But I also bought a jeep liberty accidentally, so I may not be the best character reference. 

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/22/20 8:03 p.m.

I am looking at LS conversions for Land Rover Disco IIs because I found one on CL for less than Challenge money.

Why am I like this?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/22/20 9:16 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) :

Because you've been paying attention to the bullE36 M3 Mad Machine has gone through with the glorified Buick in his.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
9/22/20 9:46 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

The night wasn't a total loss. I was dumped off at my hotel as some drunken bridesmaids were gathered in the lobby. The loudest/drunkest had some questions for the dirt covered mess that tumbled out of a barely stopped truck into the lobby of the Embassy Suites at midnight.  We had a good laugh for a while and came close to opening auditions for the next Mrs until what's left of my conscience kicked in. Every day is another awkward adventure. 

Dude, you are totally doing it right. The only one that can set a timeline is you. Plus, the laughs were probably worth it, yeah?

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
9/22/20 9:47 p.m.

I got my prodigal car up and running. I should have never sold it, and I'm happy it came back....

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/20 11:07 a.m.

In reply to Recon1342 :

It was a fun night for sure. It's been a long time since I closed a bar. It went about as well as it could. I can still be funny and do incredibly stupid things and she learned not to assume she's always going to be the loudest jackass in a room. 

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/20 12:56 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

I'm thinking about cleaning up my appearance just to make a deal.  Hard to cold call/knock when you look like a hobo.

Put your hair in a pony tail under a hat and braid your beard, and tuck that into your shirt. Problem berkeleying solved.

iansane (Forum Supporter)
iansane (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/23/20 12:59 p.m.
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) said:

I am looking at LS conversions for Land Rover Disco IIs because I found one on CL for less than Challenge money.

Why am I like this?

I have a buddy that has one with a blown motor and we've discussed this at length. If it weren't for the laundry list of projects in front, I'd probably be doing the swap right now!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/23/20 2:16 p.m.

I've become that guy at the hardware store. Guy came in, asking for an s-video cable of all things. Of course I knew right where it was. 

I made passing mention he must be trying to hook something old school to a modern tv (using s-video as a pass thru on a vcr to component out is a pretty standard analog move.) 

He says he's trying to hook an old Bally console he has up. I say "ah, the bally astrocade, right?" It was at that point he decided we should be radio shack because we had all this crap and knew how to use it. I took it one step further and told him where the actual surviving radio shack was, about 30min from where we stood. 

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
9/23/20 2:22 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I wish we still had RadioShack here. But the location is a pretty solid liquor store now so it's not a total loss.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/20 9:18 p.m.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
9/23/20 9:38 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

Y'all use kits?

i can give you a recipe...

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/23/20 9:43 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

That's the best kit out there, for sure. 

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
9/24/20 10:51 p.m.

Not sure if I should be happy because 14 hour work day and my check should be good, or mad because 14 hour stressful work day and I'm hangry and exhausted. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/25/20 8:05 a.m.
Recon1342 said:

In reply to Woody :

Y'all use kits?

i can give you a recipe...

There IS no recipe for chili.  You put the basic ingredients in the pot and then tinker with it until it's right.  Even if you followed a "recipe" it wouldn't be right.

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/25/20 1:41 p.m.

I do not like AR rifles. They are useful; they are a good enough design; parts are easy to get, but I don't actually care for them that much. I am sure that part of my dislike is that they are not weird enough, though the recoil spring, bolt release, and cocking are all issues to me.

Despite not liking them, I have three builds in the works and am thinking of a fourth. Any money I spend on the ARs is money I do not spend on other, more important, and more liked, projects. Most of what I build is weird, because I am weird, and therefore not terribly marketable.

I think I need to finish the build that I am least likely to make an excuse to use and just sell it (dedicated .22 LR).

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
9/25/20 2:46 p.m.
barefootskater said:

Not sure if I should be happy because 14 hour work day and my check should be good, or mad because 14 hour stressful work day and I'm hangry and exhausted. 

Worked till 11 last night, couldn't get the problem actually fixed so we made a temporary patch to get most folks water back on. Back on the same main leak this morning and finally got the actual problem fixed and the neighborhood water back on at 1pm. Still need to replace meters and setters and connect two houses back up, then backfill the hole which is deeper than I am tall. Confession: sometimes I think this career path was a mistake. 

Matthewmcl, I don't particularly care for ARs. Mostly because the looks don't do anything for me, and the stigma they carry, and general macho man attitude that most of the local folks seem to adopt when they get one. I bought mine because it is capable, customizable, and versatile. And I'll probably end up with grandpa's Winchester so they'll share rounds. Eventually if I want to get into longer range stuff I'll probably get a bolt 6.5 CM. If/when you decide to sell the referenced .22, shoot me a text, I know several folks that would be interested. 

1 ... 311 312 313 314 315 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3VNp5jy4tf5liN1QAe7elckNI1pSxfBQxVXZp6tN3at2BihAeMeh3ArdQXYFWFij