1 ... 312 313 314 315 316 ... 441
Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
9/25/20 2:48 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I'll concede the point. Mine never turns out the same way twice. I do have the basics written down, because I frequently get asked how to make it at church cook-offs.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
9/25/20 2:52 p.m.

In reply to matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) :

I don't really like or dislike them. I do however, know how to use them very effectively. I am slowly putting together the parts for a 6.8 SPC "scout" rifle. It's hard to get enough time to train, so my time with the M-16 in the military gives the AR a leg up over other designs.

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/25/20 2:55 p.m.

In reply to Recon1342 :

Do you reload?  I have some 6.8 SPC appropriate bullets.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/25/20 2:59 p.m.

Im glad/sad i turned down the Europa three times. Its a dream that i don't think I want to actually catch,  as theres no way it would live up to whats in my head. Same as a Porsche 914.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
9/25/20 3:56 p.m.
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Recon1342 :

Not yet. Shoot me a PM anyhow and let me know what you're thinking...

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/25/20 9:11 p.m.

There's an ad on my FB feed for outdoor gear, featuring a young woman with spec-tac-ular legs. I may or may not scroll up and down a lot hoping it will pass by. 

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/25/20 9:24 p.m.

I do not like AR rifles. They are useful; they are a good enough design; parts are easy to get, but I don't actually care for them that much. I am sure that part of my dislike is that they are not weird enough, though the recoil spring, bolt release, and cocking are all issues to me.

I'm not one to try and tell people what they like, but I AM interested to know what you do like.

I like ARs well enough, but I'm also a huge fan of M14s for no good reason. I always like to hear what others enjoy about less popular platforms. 

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/25/20 9:26 p.m.

In reply to Recon1342 :

I am 100% getting into reloading specifically for the 6.8 and .277 Wolverine. If Recon passes on whatever it is, let me know, please.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
9/25/20 9:34 p.m.
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) said:

In reply to Recon1342 :

I am 100% getting into reloading specifically for the 6.8 and .277 Wolverine. If Recon passes on whatever it is, let me know, please.

You should see a PM from MatthewMCL soon, Brett. 

11GTCS
11GTCS Reader
9/25/20 9:39 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/26/20 8:10 a.m.

I am both surprised and annoyed at the lack of hearses for sale in a 500 mile radius. 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
9/26/20 8:12 a.m.

The phone system at work often outsmarts me. I would make a terrible receptionist 

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon SuperDork
9/26/20 8:23 a.m.

I feel like a fat sack of E36 M3 just about all the time anymore. I know I need to eat better, I know I need to exercise and get more sleep but my brain keeps saying "SUGARRRRRR"

I'm not flabby or anything, got a bit of a dad bod going, but I get winded going up the stairs and I just feel like sitting on my ass all the time.

The time to change is now, but I don't think I'm *there* yet. I just hope when I do get there, it's not too late.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/26/20 8:42 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) :

Because you've been paying attention to the bullE36 M3 Mad Machine has gone through with the glorified Buick in his.

Yes, his was quite the saga. I feel like an LS would fix a lot of the Disco II's sins. Of course you'd still have the electrics and possibly the transmission depending on what kit you used but you wouldn't have to worry about the engine anymore.

If I was more financially stable I'd attempt to go down that road but it's not in the cards right now. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/20 9:10 a.m.

In reply to BoostedBrandon :

Do it now, it's a bitch once things get away from you. I'm down 40 lbs in about two months and I don't look any different. My doctor weighed me, looked confused and said my head kinda looked smaller. Great, eventually if I'm lucky I can go from being the fat guy to the fat guy with the tiny head:( 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/26/20 9:17 a.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Just the first minute is relevant, but, Pinette is funny regardless

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/20 9:39 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

I love John Pinette. I met him about 20 years ago in a pizzeria and laughed my ass off talking to him. 

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/26/20 10:02 a.m.

I'm 56 years old, retired, and had breakfast with the Cap'n this morning.  It may be followed by an extended session with the Captain this afternoon.

Though the latter may actually be a little better than that-- some bourbon barrel aged rum from the local distillery.

Did not watch cartoons while eating breakfast though.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon SuperDork
9/26/20 12:15 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Man I miss that dude.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
9/26/20 3:17 p.m.

You know what I enjoy more than doing well at an autocross? Taking passengers along for hair-raising rides

I was off course all morning and couldn't find my ass with an atlas. Figured it out for the afternoon runs, and then took passengers on every afternoon run. Probably could've gone faster and placed higher but, oh well.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/26/20 3:44 p.m.

In reply to Karacticus :

If I did that there'd be a lot of afternoon me telling the kids to "get off my lawn".

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/26/20 4:22 p.m.
RevRico said:

I am both surprised and annoyed at the lack of hearses for sale in a 500 mile radius. 

All the people dying from Crayola, E36 M3s are busy! 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/26/20 7:30 p.m.

I just bought 2.4% ABV beer. On purpose. Partly because of the low calorie count, but if I’m being honest, it’s mostly because of the low alcohol content. Hopefully it tastes close enough to beer. 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/20 7:47 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

I just bought 2.4% ABV beer. On purpose. Partly because of the low calorie count, but if I’m being honest, it’s mostly because of the low alcohol content. Hopefully it tastes close enough to beer. 

Last night, my Beer Guy mentioned that he was brewing up another batch of Brown Ale, but this one would have a higher alcohol content. I politely declined.

I would rather drink more beers with less alcohol per capita.

EDIT:

Minor Confession: I have a Beer Guy.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/27/20 1:47 a.m.

The first thing I remember from Pinette was him talking about the brand new Miata, and how if you rub them on the carpet, they'll go.

I've been searching the YouTubes for years with no avail. I think this crowd would appreciate the joke.

1 ... 312 313 314 315 316 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NRIbu6HUtjeAhH35OImAbze7P0lxY68dDCBNO7MoN4fHLIj8TyNShcuYz18GUR52