1 ... 334 335 336 337 338 ... 441
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/23/21 1:18 a.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

I left a trail of SBDs through several airports today.

Were you at Midway airport?

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/23/21 6:22 a.m.
11GTCS said:
Karacticus said:

I've fallen down the Letterkenny hole. Yes, it's a bit (intentionally) repetitive, but some of the "chirps" are just brutal--

"I know he's a farmer, but have you ever ever seen him do any work?"

"Get off the cross-- we need the wood"

And I blame you for the last two hours of life I won’t get back...laugh To be fair...

My son had said something about this a year or two ago and I didn’t bite.  Holy carp that’s some funny E36 M3. I’ve been texting back and forth with him, more lost time ahead.  Thanks I think? 

"Pitter patter"

Also, confession-wise, I have the subtitles turned on. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/23/21 9:16 a.m.

In reply to Karacticus :

So your posting up on the forum with pals the other daaaayyyy...

To be fair, Letterkenny is the rapid-fire wordplay that I need. The hockey player chirps are perfect.

"I made your mom so wet, Trudeau had to deploy a 24-hour national guard unit to stack sandbags around my bed.”

Give yer  balls a tug. 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/23/21 11:52 a.m.

Im a little over halfway done with a seven hour,  400 mile round trip to buy new pads and rotors for the maita for $40. Powerstop evo stuff. 

I think im deep into the false economy delusion. But its a nice day for a drive!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/23/21 12:48 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

False economy good?

False economy bad? 

To me, it could mean either thing.

1/23/21 2:02 p.m.

Well,  $80 or so in actual cash outlay. Then, of we factor in a days wages, another $100 at minimum wage. Plus wear and tear on the car, lunch...

Doubt i actually saved anything,  but i feel like I did?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/23/21 2:35 p.m.

I confess I think a lot about moving to Alaska, upper Michigan, or northern Minnesota - of course, my wife isn't thinking about this, as how are the kids going to make it to our house for Thanksgiving?   

Here is a shot from a house in Kenai, Alaska - a bit pricey but if I am on my own I can leave cheaply.  Except for some more snow the winters are almost similar as living in Chicago, except for that 9:40am sunrise thing today.  

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/23/21 2:41 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Looks cool and I like Alaska too but I wouldn't say over double average snowfall is a "some" more snow. That's a lot

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/21 9:35 a.m.

I cried because I had no flapdiscs, until I met a man who had no knuckles. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/21 3:56 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

I spent way too long this morning wondering if European mechanics had half inch, quarter inch, and 3/8 ratchets.

Apparently the BOM guys use 9.525mm sockets.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/24/21 9:00 p.m.

I just spent way too much time deciding if I needed a $500+knife because it's a Hudson Bay Knife, in The Revenant and I know the maker thru some friends.

So far the answer is.....not now. Probably later, though because who doesn't need another knife?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/24/21 9:10 p.m.

When my wife gets on my nerves I revert to becoming Chad from SNL and every reply she gets from her dozens of annoying questions becomes; "oh, okay".

I think this Covid thing is getting to me.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/21 9:16 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Just make sure she doesn't move on to berking the lawn guy.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/25/21 1:30 a.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

Alright damn it.  Who restarted the annual pizza argument?  Out of the pool until you can learn how to behave!

It was me, but I can't stay quiet if I see somebody cutting up a perfectly good, foldable pizza into anything other than triangles.

I'm sure those people kick puppies, too.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/25/21 11:37 a.m.

The square vs. Triangle cut can be solved right now.  Do you plan on sharing said pizza? Do you have more than 7 friends? If you answered yes to both, you need a square cut. 

If you are a glutton for pizza such as myself,  the shape matters little. It's all going in my face-hole anyway. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/25/21 11:43 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

No you don't, a pie can be cut more than 8 slices. 16 is common for events with little kids. This is why we can't have nice things, half the country can't even figure out what to do with a pizza. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/25/21 11:45 a.m.

There are more serious questions to that than pizza. Like why am I hanging out with 15 kids? Of all people, kids seem to give the least craps about what pizza is shaped like. They also put ketchup on hotdogs,  so I'm not likely to trust their judgment. 

But, regardless if we disagree, we aren't going all Do the Right Thing and burning down Sal's Pizza, are we? 

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
1/25/21 11:51 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Do you have more than 7 friends?

LOL no

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
1/25/21 11:54 a.m.

I'm not a pizza guy. I don't eat cheese, though I will have the occasional one as that stuff is about as benign as any cheese I'm aware of.

When I was a teen there was a pizza place in town that made pizza so good I would eat it every day if I could, and they cut it in squares, which was unheard of in the 70's.   To this day I prefer it cut in squares and have asked pizza places to NOT cut it so I can do it properly at home. It also gives you the crust/no crust option too, which is a bonus in our house.

I'll let you in on something as long as you don't spread it around.

The whole pineapple on pizza thing is a little joke that Canada is playing on the rest of the world. Nobody actually eats it that way here. But we laugh aboot it a lot.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/25/21 12:03 p.m.

I want to see this.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/25/21 12:08 p.m.

There is no *wrong* way to eat pizza.

As evidenced here, how you like your pizza depends on where you grew up, dietary restrictions, taste preferences and so on. 

I like to argue, and I have strong opinions about pizza, and it's a harmless debate. I've even learned some things here and there. 

I will say this, though: the ONLY unforgivable thing is eating pizza with a fork. Doing this displays the fact you had a degenerate upbringing and have no manners.

1/25/21 12:14 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) :

Hey now. The fork is useful when the pineapple falls off!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/25/21 12:35 p.m.
Appleseed said:

The square vs. Triangle cut can be solved right now.  Do you plan on sharing said pizza? Do you have more than 7 friends? If you answered yes to both, you need a square cut.

If you have more than 7 friends sharing pizza, you need more than 1 pizza.

There is no excuse for cutting a round pie into rectangles.  You wouldn't do it with an apple pie, and you shouldn't do it with a pizza pie for exactly the same reasons.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/25/21 12:50 p.m.
Duke said:
Appleseed said:

There is no excuse for cutting a round pie into rectangles.  You wouldn't do it with an apple pie, and you shouldn't do it with a pizza pie for exactly the same reasons.

So, you eat your pizza with a fork? I can understand that for Chicago Deep Dish, but thin crust? WTF Is wrong with you?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/25/21 12:53 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:
Duke said:
Appleseed said:

So, you eat your pizza with a fork? I can understand that for Chicago Deep Dish, but thin crust? WTF Is wrong with you?

No, I eat my apple pie with my fingers.

I already detailed precisely why the wedge pizza slice is superior for eating by hand.

1 ... 334 335 336 337 338 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7jl7NaNcsy3oybjevbp5vlNoE9rQ00FFrNpIkLlMtU7i7UJmVScApDM0gnJpvNqH