1 ... 340 341 342 343 344 ... 441
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/21 11:50 a.m.

Two confessions.

I do not know what "berkeleying his salad" means and I am blissful in my ignorance.

Faced with my rx-7 not bring rallycross legal in the near future, I have been scoping ebay for Boss 429 bits, in an effort to keep my car's existence relevant.  They are more expensive than they used to be.  351 Cleveland bits, on the other hand, are $cheap.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/21 2:13 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I'm guessing it's this commercial, and now that it's been said I absolutely see it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XfkkEigXsLw

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/21 2:29 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Yup, that's the one.

Pretty good song though, huh?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/20/21 5:00 p.m.

I don't think I like driving anymore. Florida has killed it. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/21 5:09 p.m.

I just discovered this combo. Sadly I only had three carmel deLites left. 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/20/21 5:33 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

I know a kid....

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/21 7:55 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Faced with my rx-7 not bring rallycross legal in the near future, I have been scoping ebay for Boss 429 bits, in an effort to keep my car's existence relevant.  They are more expensive than they used to be.  351 Cleveland bits, on the other hand, are $cheap.

Why is the RX-7 going to be illegal?

Pete. (l33t FS)
2/20/21 8:07 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) :

Can't really say yet because the new ruleset isn't pinned down, but there are a few ways in which I modified it that may not be kosher anymore.  And I can't put a cage in it and run in Constructor because Constructor requires thick plate for the roof and floor, and I can't go in through the logbooked rally car loophole because ain't no way I'm fitting 6'3 me in an RX-7 with a logbooked seat and cage and driving it on the street.

I'm a little torn, but I've been rallycrossing that shell since 2008 or so, it's really really old at this point. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/22/21 8:40 a.m.

I'm Going to the Super Bowl!!

Uh oh, wait a minute...

Tomorrow I get to enjoy my first ever colonoscopy. yay.

They'll be putting me under general anesthesia, which I suppose is a pretty good thing. I've been put completely out for a couple of previous surgeries, and while I've never had a problem before, the idea of it always makes me a little nervous.

Anyway, in the unlikely event that I don't wake up from this thing, I just want you all to know that I died with a camera up my ass.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/22/21 9:51 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/22/21 4:07 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

Yes. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
2/22/21 4:50 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Two confessions.

I do not know what "berkeleying his salad" means and I am blissful in my ignorance.

Aaaaaand just spent LS engine money on a pair of new, like brand new in box, rotor housings.  So that is one decision made for me.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/23/21 12:43 p.m.

Just realized today I haven't driven the ranger in 2 months plus a day. December 22 i took it to the butcher shop. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/23/21 2:44 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

I haven't driven the corolla in over a year because I accidentally bought a jeep instead....

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/23/21 3:58 p.m.

I haven't ridden the Murdercycle in over a year. Subconsciously,  I think the absence of heath insurance might have had something to do with it. 

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
2/23/21 8:33 p.m.

Browsing fb marketplace. Realized it was probably time to stop when I caught myself looking at rusty high mileage Aztecs.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
2/23/21 9:37 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

The tough part is the cleanse the night before. I was scoped both ends the same morning as I was knocked out and it was a piece of cake. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/21 8:06 p.m.

I just read the 12 point car example for the first time.  I learned stuff.  Like good stuff I should have learned a few years ago.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/27/21 8:01 a.m.

If your coworker (and die hard car guy) offers you to go with him to his track day at the FIRM for free, do you go?

The only caveat is that you must leave at 3am to get there. 

I can't believe I'm actually contemplating telling him no.

There is also a chance that you might get to co-drive his ND2 Miata at said event.

I just want to hear you guys tell me I'm an idiot for even thinking about not going. 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/27/21 8:17 a.m.

You're an idiot if you don't go. 

oh, also... there exists this amazing business model called a "hotel". If that's too ritzy (where'd that term come from?), there is a cheaper model called a "motel". You can utilize it so you can get a normal night's sleep!

wae
wae UberDork
2/27/21 8:34 a.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) :

Unless there's a greater than 65% chance that his plan is to put you in the cistern behind his house and make a lampshade out of you, yeah, you're an idiot for even thinking about not going!

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/27/21 8:38 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Two confessions.

*snip*

I must confess, a Boss 429 in a RX-7 would be great, but a 351C would be ok as well.  But I don't what either engine will help with in rallycross.

Pete. (l33t FS)
2/27/21 9:06 a.m.
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) said:

If your coworker (and die hard car guy) offers you to go with him to his track day at the FIRM for free, do you go?

The only caveat is that you must leave at 3am to get there. 

I can't believe I'm actually contemplating telling him no.

There is also a chance that you might get to co-drive his ND2 Miata at said event.

I just want to hear you guys tell me I'm an idiot for even thinking about not going. 

Leaving at 3am for automotive fun is my normal.   I want to tell you that you are an effete, privileged whiner for thinking that it a hardship.

Buuut, I've also woke up late at 5am and drove at well over superlegal speeds to get to site on time. Or just went straight after work on Friday to EvanB's place for all the unhealthy foods and Sobieski and left for site at a leisturely 7-8am.

Anyway, anything worth doing is worth giving something up to do.

Pete. (l33t FS)
2/27/21 9:09 a.m.
noddaz said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Two confessions.

*snip*

I must confess, a Boss 429 in a RX-7 would be great, but a 351C would be ok as well.  But I don't what either engine will help with in rallycross.

Oh, the whole idea hinged on the car never rallycrossing again because it's no longer legal in whatever class, and I'd have nothing else to do with the car but go drag racing like some knuckle dragging mouth breather.  Or so 80-140 rolls like some knuckle dragging vape breather.

Either way, the return to brappination has been assured.  No slow-accelerating V8 BS happening here.

This does not mean I don't think Boss 429s or 351C-4Vs aren't badass, it just means I cannot justify them for anything I do automotively.  If I wasn't so deep into being a rallycross dork, I'd have a '71-73 Mustang with either of those engines in it.

Pete. (l33t FS)
2/27/21 9:17 a.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

You're an idiot if you don't go. 

oh, also... there exists this amazing business model called a "hotel". If that's too ritzy (where'd that term come from?), there is a cheaper model called a "motel". You can utilize it so you can get a normal night's sleep!

There are also things called "interstate rest areas" where you can park and sleep inside your car to the soothing sounds of about fifteen semis idling while their drivers are doing the same.

Bonus:  Fast access to a toilet, vending machine food, and possibly really bad vending machine coffee!

/it is possible for a 6'4 man to sleep comfortably across the front seats of a Mk2 Golf with knees tucked under the steering wheel and handbrake tucked into the abdominal cavity.  Just have to be tired enough

1 ... 340 341 342 343 344 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
z6nwxQzO3JQPv9ptocv4pjbbqQNSwBlsZi7l8WWaTHYOyWbVlQZKkMwc2MvS75Ws