1 ... 343 344 345 346 347 ... 370
GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
3/21/21 9:47 p.m.
Duke said:

I made a decently sized blunder today that I really wish I hadn't made. And I really shouldn't have made it. It's all on me.

I did the same yesterday.

"Hey, does patient in X have a cardiac history?"

"No, I-"

"Whelp, they do now."

I think the family heard.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/22/21 8:36 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

NickD said:

I actively root for whoever is opposing the local sportsball team in March Madness. Largely because the coach sounds like Elmer Fudd on downers and any time they win, every news channel and radio station has to give him hours of airtime.

I clicked on Nick D's profile just to confirm that he lives pretty much exactly where I suspected that he lives.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/22/21 8:39 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

And of course, they won last night. Turn on the news this morning and there he is, giving interviews.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/22/21 8:43 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

The most important part of not giving a berk is to first not give a berk. wink

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/22/21 9:02 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

The problem is, I can't get away from it. Turn on the news, they're talking about the game last night. Get in the car to go to work, turn on the radio, they're interviewing him about last night. There was one radio channel that used to have a great morning talk show, really funny, and then they became the "flagship channel of SU sports" and then every morning was just two hours of them talking about the SU sports teams. Blech.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/22/21 9:07 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

The only thing that bores me more than professional sports is college sports.

And the only thing that bores me more than those 2 things is sports gambling.

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
3/25/21 6:21 p.m.

I think i'm gonna punt on the turbo Miata project.  I just want to drive it and I want it finished right.  So I'm gonna pay the man to hook up all the wires, lines, and hoses.

Wiring is not my friend, I'd rather write a check for a grand and just enjoy driving it.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/25/21 6:49 p.m.

I did well on BFG tires last year, so the logical move would be to order another set this year. But instead I really want to try those new Nankangs.

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
3/25/21 9:03 p.m.

I bought a crappy Echo to play with because I think my 220k mile Neon is too good to ruin.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/25/21 9:30 p.m.

I want to own a E36 M3 box but don't want to admit it to Dusterdb13.

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
3/25/21 10:18 p.m.

I had a sudden thought and had to look it up,  just to see if it's feasible.

Yes, a regular cab short-bed Ford Ranger is almost exactly the same wheelbase as a first-gen Ford Mustang.

Rusty Mustang bits draped over a truck frame? Sounds terrible. I really want to do it.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/25/21 11:23 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Only if it's a 4x4. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/25/21 11:44 p.m.
slowbird said:

I had a sudden thought and had to look it up,  just to see if it's feasible.

Yes, a regular cab short-bed Ford Ranger is almost exactly the same wheelbase as a first-gen Ford Mustang.

Rusty Mustang bits draped over a truck frame? Sounds terrible. I really want to do it.

That is dangerous information......

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
3/26/21 2:53 a.m.

A hasty photochop suggests it could look alright. And the narrower track width of the Ranger leaves room for pretty wide tires. One challenge would be to move the seating position back to fit into the Mustang body shape.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/26/21 6:36 a.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

You already own a few! Fix the sLaab. Then rename it E36 M3box. 

Or, you know, buy a scruffy first gen neon and have the OG E36 M3box instead of a European knockoff. 

newrider3
newrider3 Reader
3/26/21 9:37 a.m.

I just put a janky Russian 30mm spacer lift kit on my wife's Jetta. A FWD Jetta sedan.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/26/21 3:14 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

The Saab is not a E36 M3box.  It's a fine piece of Swedish engineering. A first gen neon with a 2.4 turbo and stripped interior does appeal to my less sensible side.

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
3/26/21 3:22 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

E36 M3boxes are the best.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/26/21 9:12 p.m.
NickD said:

I did well on BFG tires last year, so the logical move would be to order another set this year. But instead I really want to try those new Nankangs.

Well, I went and did it. #KangGang

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
3/26/21 9:17 p.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) said:
Stampie (FS) said:

E36 M3boxes are the best.

Part of the reason I quit my last job was a coworker who referred to every customers' car as "E36 M3box".

Mind you, he drove a Wrangler.  He had winter and summer tires,  but only because he had a set of stock wheels in pristine condition that he didn't want to allow to see salt.   Both sets had all-seasons on them.

Zero respect for other peoples' cars.  Or company property.  He'd pry the million-dollar polished concrete flooring to get wheels on trucks because "it's going to get ruined anyway", and lean on customers' cars, and hammer on shop equipment that I'd maintained for the previous decade and a half, and it basically drove me to a mental breakdown, to where his antics had me clock out, change clothes, and leave, in a fugue stage where I was watching myself do things like it was a TV show, unable to control it, and it was a psychological relief when I was texted by Da Boss a half hour later to collect my personal effects by the end of the week.

tl,dr: "E36 M3box" instantly makes me think you're an elitist shiny happy person who had rich parents and have no respect for other peoples' property

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
3/26/21 9:27 p.m.
NickD said:
NickD said:

Well, I went and did it. #KangGang

I would pay real money for you to white-letter "CRISCO" on the sidewalls.

3/26/21 9:34 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Nope. E36 M3box was a four door neon parts car. Hammered. Absolute pile of E36 M3, with fantastic parts mounted to it that i wanted. Namely the drivetrain, wheels, and other speed parts. I called it E36 M3box as it was a convenient spot in which to store good E36 M3. 

I found out later that E36 M3box was a thing. However, E36 M3box will forever reference neons in my world....

Apparently stampies too.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
3/26/21 9:44 p.m.

If it was clean enough that you couldn't remove the seat belts by pulling firmly, there was a time in my life where I would have considered it an awesome ride, because it was way better than I could ever afford.

Berk.  My daily driver is a well kept 15 year old European luxury car, I  have two vintage Japanese sports cars, one severely modified and one kept tremendously stock, as well as a couple German unicorns, and I think a decent Neon is well outside of my financial grasp even today... because it IS.  You can buy S60Rs all day long for $5-6k, good Neons are impossible to find.

"Decent Neon" to me means that it doesn't actively split in half when you open the doors on both sides.

3/26/21 9:55 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

So thats why brap was so excited! Down here they are worth less than the scrap value. I had to argue to get a 7.5k agreed value on the acr.....

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
3/26/21 9:58 p.m.

Brap lives south of the rust line, it's easier to find Neons down there compared to up here....

1 ... 343 344 345 346 347 ... 370
Our Preferred Partners
UpprQi0IiudQYCxsS6Rme0xL6wo2wf7LmREoqcujGRCevdGYtOFVGbBZlCfsoHrk