1 ... 344 345 346 347 348 ... 354
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/27/21 1:53 a.m.

i got my first COVID shot yesterday. Zero side effects. Or, maybe, I've felt like E36 M3 for so long I didn't even notice.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
3/27/21 2:32 p.m.

I just sold some .22 for .25/ea. 
times are rough I guess. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/27/21 2:40 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
NickD said:
NickD said:

I did well on BFG tires last year, so the logical move would be to order another set this year. But instead I really want to try those new Nankangs.

Well, I went and did it. #KangGang

I would pay real money for you to white-letter "CRISCO" on the sidewalls.

What's the joke here?

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/1/21 11:54 a.m.

I'm considering renting a uhaul van for a few days this summer to sleep in instead of getting a hotel room at a conference I have to go to (not a work conference, otherwise they'd be paying for the hotel room)

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
4/1/21 12:00 p.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

times are rough I guess. 

surprise   I may be sitting on a gold (brass?) mine, then.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
4/3/21 9:58 a.m.

I kind of want a 900 Turbo.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/3/21 10:24 a.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Feeling the need to go fast while sitting in a comfy kitchen chair?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
4/3/21 10:44 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

I like the fact that they have quirky, laggy, backwards engines, while having practical, upright windscreens.

And I have come to grips with the fact that I will never own a 911, so this narrows my options a bit.

I did spend a bunch of time in a 911 SC Targa a ways back, and was pleasantly surprised at how similar it felt to my Quantum to drive.  Which either says a lot of good things about the Quantum, or explains why the SC is the most unloved Porsche.  Anyway, it felt right.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/3/21 2:07 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I always enjoyed driving 99's.  

But:

newrider3
newrider3 Reader
4/3/21 3:31 p.m.

I just used 12 year old single malt to make a hot toddy; please forgive me for I have sinned.

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) Reader
4/3/21 4:02 p.m.

It's a fine day and I've done exactly nothing productive.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/3/21 4:04 p.m.

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

I have traveled a lot for work and never "per diem" expenses.  I wonder how cheap I would live on the road if I got paid "per diem"......I am 25% Bohemian so I might bank a lot of money.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
4/3/21 5:01 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

I have traveled a lot for work and never "per diem" expenses.  I wonder how cheap I would live on the road if I got paid "per diem"......I am 25% Bohemian so I might bank a lot of money.

I banked when I traveled on perdiem and mileage. Company truck and card now, still pretty awesome 

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
4/3/21 5:34 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I would love a 900 turbo.

I like quirky and odd looking cars, and there's no better looking ugly car than a 900

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/21 6:02 p.m.
Mr. Peabody said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I would love a 900 turbo.

I like quirky and odd looking cars, and there's no better looking ugly car than a 900

The car I miss the most is my 900 turbo.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/3/21 7:00 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

I saved $600 a month in rent by being homeless.  0/5 stars.  Would not recommend. 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
4/3/21 7:24 p.m.
Appleseed said:
Datsun310Guy said:

I saved $600 a month in rent by being homeless.  0/5 stars.  Would not recommend. 

I'm trying to save about $300-$400 for a 2 night stay. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/21 8:09 p.m.

For the past 20 years or so, I've rooted for Gonzaga as my West Coast Tournament Team, mostly due to the funny name. I remember when they made their first big run (early 90's?), and it's been fun ever since.

A few days ago I was wondering about the origin of the name, so I pulled up their Wikipedia page.

I don't even think there was any reference to the name on there, but the early (and not so early) history of the school makes them kinda hard to root for.

Sorry, Zags.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/3/21 9:03 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Don't feel bad, I actually lived in Spokane for 2 years and don't know anything about the school lol

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
4/4/21 9:54 a.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

times are rough I guess. 

That sounds like a good deal for you, nice work. I wish I had gotten even near that much for the .22 I sold.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
4/4/21 10:08 a.m.

Just gave myself a papercut under a fingernail in a way I should have seen coming like a complete dumbass.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/4/21 10:38 a.m.

This morning while leaving my driveway for work I pretended my van was a Battlestar Galactica Viper fighter leaving the launch tube. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/4/21 11:44 a.m.
newrider3 said:

I just used 12 year old single malt to make a hot toddy; please forgive me for I have sinned.

Which one? This is important

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/4/21 5:31 p.m.

We would rent a full size truck to camp at Watkins Glen.  We fit three beds from a Salvation Army store and a couple tables then sat on the roof to watch the race.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
4/5/21 2:19 p.m.

I hope my dog dies soon. He is 13. His breed's life expectancy is 9-11. He does best in the winter. Summer is coming. He is getting weaker every day. Back in January for a day he was unable to standup or walk; that was solved with meds. He has laryngeal paralysis, but it generally isn't bad and hasn't progressed much in the past 4 months. He still barks at ninjas and nebulous forces. He still at least tries to jump on the sofa to see out the window better, to better bark at potential intruders. He doesn't eat well, although he never has eaten well - 3 days with only eating a cup of food has never been uncommon. 

He still asks to get scratched, about 3 times an hour. In and out all day. He's a good boy. He's happy. He's old. I hope he dies in action, chasing a fox off of our yard. But I'm afraid he won't, and we will have to make that decision. 

I hope my dog dies soon. And I hate myself for thinking that. 

1 ... 344 345 346 347 348 ... 354
Our Preferred Partners
AKRsueecOaje2DkgtvimQqNiCsdK5ENX6T5rKyzB3QP8srDqnGrmS0hl7UmmB9aI