1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 ... 441
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/11/21 2:05 p.m.

I was almost 41 before my dumbass learned to turn on the shower part of the shower before I got in so my naked ass didn't get blasted with freezing cold water when I turned it on. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/11/21 2:19 p.m.

I farted not realizing someone was following me up the stairs. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/12/21 10:01 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

I'm embarrassed to admit how excited I am for the Black Widow movie.   I really don't care much about movies anymore...

I'd be happy just watching and listening to Scarlett Johansson for 2 hours.  Hell, I was entertained by Lucy despite its incredibly stupid premise, just because she was in it.

stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/12/21 10:35 a.m.

Last week I was prescribed hydroxyzine for anxiety and decided to try it this weekend since I had nowhere to go and could stay home.

At some point during the weekend while on said medication, I bought a streetlight on eBay.

A berkeleying streetlight.

At least it's just the light assembly and not the entire pole

Still, I've learned that the hydroxyzine is very effective but maybe I should halve the dosage surprise

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/12/21 11:25 a.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle :

Note to self: Make sure you have adult supervision before trying any anxiety meds. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/12/21 11:42 a.m.
Duke said:
Streetwiseguy said:

I'm embarrassed to admit how excited I am for the Black Widow movie.   I really don't care much about movies anymore...

I'd be happy just watching and listening to Scarlett Johansson for 2 hours.  Hell, I was entertained by Lucy despite its incredibly stupid premise, just because she was in it.

Yeah...that might have something to do with it.

stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/12/21 11:44 a.m.

In reply to CAinCA :

Adult supervision was definitely required lol.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/12/21 11:45 a.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle :

I saw a streetlight laying on the side of the road after an accident.  I could have gotten you one free.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/12/21 4:47 p.m.

Somehow, I feel safer in the land of Florida man, as opposed to anywhere in my home state right now. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
4/14/21 8:22 a.m.

Sellers remorse over cars that have moved on is stupid but real.

Also: finding out that another region has pretty slow competition makes me want to work up some kind of "hit all the locals" autocross tour and take all their plastic trophies.

Azryael
Azryael Reader
4/14/21 11:11 a.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) said:

Sellers remorse over cars that have moved on is stupid but real.

I feel that way over an '04 Expedition we let go 10 years ago. Had a lot of fond memories, not sure why we didn't just keep it.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/15/21 10:34 a.m.

I am having to convince myself tonsell a set of awesome wheels that don't fit anything I own or want without significant investment in welding and professional work. 

But damn they're cool!!!

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/15/21 11:18 a.m.

No offense intended, but when I see Dusterbd13-michael's name on here my brain reads it as Dustbuster13-michael.

Sorry.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
4/15/21 11:37 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

I hesitate to ask.  Bolt pattern?  Diameter?  Width?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/15/21 11:46 a.m.

A local - and famously overpriced - dealer in town has a very very clean looking red S2000 on their used lot.  I drive past it every day.

I'm dying to find out what they're asking for it.  It's not listed in their used inventory.

I'm also secretly afraid to test drive because I will want it.  A lot. And I am sure they are asking a mint for it.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/15/21 12:05 p.m.

In reply to noddaz :

No worries! I love how many people read my scree screen name differently than I intended. Its become a fun thing for me over the ~20 years ive used it.

Tim: 16x8, 4.5 backspace. 4x4.25 and 4x4.5 bolt pattern. Or they'd be on my truck or miata or neon.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
4/15/21 12:23 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

Thank goodness, not 5x4.75

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/15/21 12:35 p.m.
Mndsm said:

Somehow, I feel safer in the land of Florida man, as opposed to anywhere in my home state right now. 

Wow, that's deep.  In my youth, i got pulled over lots of times.  It's a fact of life when you're DWB.  Sometimes I was scared I might go to jail, but I never feared for my life.  Guess that was a by-product of being young and dumb.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/15/21 12:41 p.m.
06HHR (Forum Supporter) said:
Mndsm said:

Wow, that's deep.  In my youth, i got pulled over lots of times.  It's a fact of life when you're DWB.  Sometimes I was scared I might go to jail, but I never feared for my life.  Guess that was a by-product of being young and dumb.  

I'll never know what it's like to be a minority. I'm the utter apex of the "privileged" group. I do know however know what it's like to be profiled by police officers with axes to grind, mostly based on the vehicles I've chosen to own. But as I continue to watch everyone burn down my home state (again) whether justified or not, I realize- even with gators, bath salts, hurricanes, meth, heroin, whatever else florida has to offer, I haven't been sitting up at night with a loaded firearm wondering if they're going to burn my neighbhood next, like so many of my family have. 

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/15/21 12:57 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I'm just waiting on the murder hornets, i'm sure one has hitchhiked it's way down here over the winter..  Hey, prayers going out for your family, I hope they stay safe.  

NickD
NickD MegaDork
4/16/21 9:28 a.m.

I know that C3 Corvettes are objectively not great cars, but damn if I don't want a late C3.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/16/21 12:07 p.m.

Based on the recent thread on the main board, I've resumed my pandemic-interrupted musing about selling the Manic Miata and getting something more suited to a lazy 50-something dude such as myself.

This time last year I was browsing Boxsters and you could find nice ones from the first few years of the 21st century for $7500-$9000, with your choice of colors, all day long.  That would have meant adding probably $2k on top of what I could sell the MM for - very doable.   For an extra few grand or two on top of that you could make it an S.

Those days are long past (thanks, stimulus!).  But I still really want this:

2001 Boxster in an awesome color

https://static.cargurus.com/images/forsale/2021/04/12/17/59/2001_porsche_boxster-pic-2722622484002951433-1024x768.jpeg

It's listed as an automatic but it is clearly a 3-pedal car.

CJ (FS)
CJ (FS) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/16/21 12:23 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Wonder about the accident history on that one.  The hood doesn't seem to fit and the bumper cover looks to be a slightly different color.  Of course, not a Porsche Guy, so maybe that is normal.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
4/16/21 12:32 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I can't get past the styling on those. The early Boxsters are dreadfully dated-looking machines. Also, the various mechanical issues that plague these things are non-starters for me.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/16/21 1:17 p.m.
CJ (FS) said:

In reply to Duke :

Wonder about the accident history on that one.  The hood doesn't seem to fit and the bumper cover looks to be a slightly different color.  Of course, not a Porsche Guy, so maybe that is normal.

The hood gap I think is just because it wasn't fully closed after they took the picture inside the frunk.  Fully a third of the Boxster ads I see look like that.

There may or may not be a paint color difference - hard to tell.  It doesn't seem like it to me, but I'd reserve judgement until I saw it in person.

NickD said:

In reply to Duke :

I can't get past the styling on those. The early Boxsters are dreadfully dated-looking machines. Also, the various mechanical issues that plague these things are non-starters for me.

Meh, they are dated, but so is the Miata.  You either like 'em or you don't and I don't mind them.  The 987 is better, I agree, but I don't mind these.  Mechanically I figure by this point they've either been fixed or they're dead.

1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
doerhU3b6YBu2Na8ZzX2EgTlco95lSJoGyCckiI3OqTW8ODI3suPrU9HbgteZ1Ia