1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 ... 359
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/3/21 1:32 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Johnny flys a starship across galaxies successfully. Willie was a successful western outlaw, well, until  he got caught.

3 were careless, 2 were clumsy, and 1 was Johnny Cash.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/4/21 8:39 a.m.

This may fall into the politics realm, but.... I marvel at the the irony from the juxtaposition of having a Thin Blue Line flag and a Gadsden flag as your facebook profile picture and cover photo respectively. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/4/21 8:52 a.m.
Duke said:

6 weeks before Mothers Day, I had no idea what to get DW as a present.

3 weeks before Mothers Day, I still don't have any idea what to get DW as a present.

Any progress on this?

In reply to mtn :

Mine i getting manicure and pedicure and hairdo on me. Via gift certificate in a card.

Im berkeleying stumped otherwise...

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
5/4/21 9:30 a.m.
Duke said:

3 weeks before Mothers Day, I still don't have any idea what to get DW as a present.

TIL that Duke married his mother.

Oops, sorry, wrong thread

I just had eggs with the leftover rice and beans that I purposely made too much of so I would have my favourite lunch at work this week.

It was incredible, and I confess, I knew it would be

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/4/21 9:33 a.m.
Mr. Peabody said:
Duke said:

TIL that Duke married his mother.

1)  My wife is the mother of my children and therefore deserves my praise and gratitude.

2)  I'm not a douchebag.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/4/21 9:34 p.m.

I think every bathroom fan should have an extra switch that makes it a just little bit louder if necessary. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
5/5/21 7:27 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

slantvaliant (Forum Supporter)
slantvaliant (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/5/21 7:32 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) :

Oooh!  What if the "11" position kicked on a speaker with sonic camouflage?  

Active noise suppression in that situation would be ... weird.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/5/21 8:21 a.m.

We've slowly been making work untenable for a supervisor. One of my coworkers spent most of last Thursday"accidentally" running into him with various items because our forklift broke. I gave him cake as a reward. 

Today I had a regular customer that loves mt dew amp and buys all my stock every time they're in. It also happens to be said supervisors favorite and the only reason we carry it. That customer came in this morning. They asked for everything in the fridge. I did them one better and sold them the entire brand new case that just got dropped off. And a cold one. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/6/21 2:56 a.m.

There is a bit of the Old Man in every thing I do, even when I'm berkeleying up.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/6/21 11:33 a.m.

Two confessions. 

I can cross off leaving work with a firearm that I didn't go to work with from my bucket list. 

I also apparently need rehab or something, I spent 200$ on Funko pops (yes those stupid little bobblehead things that are everywhere) because they were he man theme..

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/6/21 11:39 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Wait, thats not normal? The last three ive paid for.were while i was at work ....

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
5/6/21 11:43 a.m.

Went to a bar for lunch today I haven't been to since 93 or 94. Aside from the tvs and jukebox it's EXACTLY the same. That was the nostalgia trip I needed.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
5/6/21 11:54 a.m.

I'm the authority on forwarding classified ads to folks I know have even worse impulse control than me. I love spending other folks' money. Well, today's exercise was successful. On top of that, it was a guitar I know he's been wanting for at least a decade, and it was listed very cheap, and the guy took $75 less than asking. AND he's DELIVERING!

I had some fun, and a good friend got a serious deal. I know he doesn't have a lot of money, but sometimes you gotta treat yo self. And $250 isn't going to be life changing. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/6/21 12:07 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

I'm still not used to the south. The idea of acquiring a firearm while mixing paint is new to me. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/21 2:01 p.m.

Did you make sure the serial number was totally removed before handing over the cash?

In reply to Stampie :

If he paid cash, it probably doesn't have bodies on it. 

Paying with paint fumes or other stuff however.....

Mndsm: barber shop has the best deals and selections in my town.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
5/6/21 2:23 p.m.

SIL has new boyfriend. Tonight is the "meet all my family" dinner and game night. 

Imma try to get MIL to curse and flip the monopoly board. 

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/6/21 3:28 p.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

SIL has new boyfriend. Tonight is the "meet all my family" dinner and game night. 

LOL! Thanks for that. I needed a laugh today.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/6/21 3:34 p.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

Make sure that you "lose" pieces so you have to give him a replacement piece to use. Something like a miniature poop emoji, or wear down a [new] toothbrush then cut the head off and use that. Or use a gummy bear, and halfway through say "I'm kinda hungry" and grab it and eat it. 

Also, you and FIL need to take him into the garage for a beer, or a sprite, and ask start to tell him the time about how you came into the family... Start off with the real story, but then trail off into an Abe Simpson directionless rambling: 

So barefootskater came over, and we started to talk about guns. Like the time I bought that glock from Frank. I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. But first, I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

This is where you would hook him. He'll be too polite to leave or make an excuse, but wondering what the hell he's doing here and if he really wants to set himself up for a lifetime with these weirdos.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the strike down at the white onion farm. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones... Now, I don't mind the yellow ones, but the white ones, that's where you'll find the flavatown so sweet it'll make you cry. Well, it made me cry, and I needed to get some tissues, but we were out of tissues, so I jumped on the dirtbike to head to the store, but it wouldn't start. I suspected the carb, but I had just rebuilt the carb (go into great detail about the inner workings of a dirtbike carb)...

Maybe my family is the weird one...  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/6/21 3:43 p.m.
Stampie said:

Did you make sure the serial number was totally removed before handing over the cash?

What serial number? We don't do no stinkin serial numbers. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/6/21 3:44 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

Also, definitely no bodies. It's never fired a round. Recently completed. Actually built the slide at work. 

Nice!!!!

Todays confession for me: i spent way more on my wife for mother's day than I should have. But she puts up with my fat ass, so she earns it. I just gotta eat cheap for a couple weeks....

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/6/21 4:35 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Mndsm :

Wait, thats not normal? The last three ive paid for.were while i was at work ....

Maybe he didn't pay for it. 

1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 ... 359
Our Preferred Partners
yG8xmpEEW6TPPbV9Bq9edM0TO3zCRlYhMbNrdD8qB2I8Uq2Jz23jQeStIOdW49RS