1 ... 351 352 353 354 355 ... 373
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/6/21 4:37 p.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

SIL has new boyfriend. Tonight is the "meet all my family" dinner and game night. 

Imma try to get MIL to curse and flip the monopoly board. 

That's how ALL Monopoly games end. 

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
5/6/21 5:29 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

To be fair, it probably won't be monopoly. MIL refuses to play that with me anymore. But no matter the game I can usually get some profanity to come out or get something thrown at me. Not to brag, but I'm a pretty good E36 M3-talker. 
The trick here will be to get it to happen in front of company. Wife cautioned me to be nice to the new guy, but she didn't say anything about chirping at the regulars. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/6/21 7:51 p.m.
Appleseed said:
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Mndsm :

Wait, thats not normal? The last three ive paid for.were while i was at work ....

Maybe he didn't pay for it. 

Oh I definitely paid for it. While it was relatively inexpensive in the custom world, it wasn't cheap. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/7/21 3:03 p.m.

I'm going to be in the general vicinity of a major historical landmark this evening, and I think I'm going to take a little detour to see it, whether the family likes it or not.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/7/21 3:15 p.m.

"Everybody in the car. Boat leaves in two minutes... or perhaps you don't want to see the second largest ball of twine on the face of the earth, which is only four short hours away?"

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
5/7/21 4:00 p.m.

I didn't get anything thrown, but I did elicit a curse, and SIL reached for her glass with what I assume was intended as a look of intimidation. I'll take it. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
5/7/21 7:35 p.m.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
5/7/21 7:37 p.m.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/7/21 7:46 p.m.

I really like turbochargers.  My XC90 has two little ones, and they work well, but a little too well.  It just goes fast, without any fuss. 

I've been driving my SRT4 swapped Neon this week, and I really can't imagine anything more fun than a car that breaks the tires loose half way through second gear.

Note I didn't say fast, I said fun.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
5/7/21 7:47 p.m.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/7/21 7:59 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

Spaulding get your foot off the boat!!!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/7/21 11:38 p.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/8/21 9:49 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

I did that all the time.  It's one of the perks of doing the driving. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/8/21 9:51 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Where is that? I may need to take another field trip. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
5/8/21 10:00 a.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/ted-knight-memorial-bridge

"Know Before You Go:  The best place to park is at the Water Pollution Control Authority at 35 Canal St."

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
5/8/21 10:01 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

I really like turbochargers.  My XC90 has two little ones, and they work well, but a little too well.  It just goes fast, without any fuss. 

I've been driving my SRT4 swapped Neon this week, and I really can't imagine anything more fun than a car that breaks the tires loose half way through second gear.

Note I didn't say fast, I said fun.

I nearly bought a GLH Charger at a shady buy-here-pay-here for $475, in the late 90s.

I deeply recall the feeling of rolling into the throttle in third gear at moderate RPM and the tires breaking loose.  The roads, admittedly, were dry but covered with so much salt that they were pure white.  Which led to the rust on the car that ultimately was why I did not buy it.  (Also, not having $475 plus fees)

I don't think I've hit full boost for two whole oil filters in teh R.  Shameful!  I like trying to get high score on the fuel economy indicator.  (Best ever: 41mpg, which people on Swedespeed would NEVER believe so I didn't bother getting a pic)   Full boost will get the car sideways mid-corner, which would annoy the hell out of Haldex "it'th not twue AWD" haters.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/8/21 10:07 a.m.

There is a set of Yamaha golf clubs for sale. I want them, just because I want them. I wouldn't use them. But I don't have any Yamaha sporting equipment. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
5/8/21 10:09 a.m.
Appleseed said:

"Everybody in the car. Boat leaves in two minutes... or perhaps you don't want to see the second largest ball of twine on the face of the earth, which is only four short hours away?"

When the RXNC was in Iowa, I wanted to take a detour to Sioux City to visit the Flight 232 Memorial.  Then I did the math and realized that it would not allow me to meet my goals of being at work the next day.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
5/8/21 4:34 p.m.

I take a perverse sort of schadenfreude when, after I mow my lawn, my next door neighbor feels compelled to mow his, and seems to find the task much more unpleasant than I do.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
5/8/21 6:31 p.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

My neighbors have outdoor speakers by the pool.

That's how know when it's time to mow.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/8/21 8:34 p.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

I had a neighbor like that. Everything he owned was spotless, inside and out. By mowing my lawn I could make him mow his lawn even if he had just done it the day before.  And my lawn is nothing to be competitive about - "as long as it's all green and roughly the same length " is my motto.

So, yeah, I would usually wait to mow mine until after he did his... the first time.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/8/21 9:19 p.m.

I don't give a E36 M3 about my lawn. I mow it because eventually youb get tickets for being too long.

I give even less of a E36 M3 about your lawn.

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
5/8/21 9:28 p.m.

I'm considering graveling my side yard just because it sucks to mow. Turned 800 square feet of the main yard into garden this year, might do another 800 next. The less I have to mow the better.

I even like cutting grass, but this E36 M3 wants done twice a week and my mower isn't strong enough to scalp it in one pass, so it turns into 4 times a week.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
5/9/21 5:32 a.m.

My neighbor is retired and mows twice a week if it needs it or not. I work and mow whenever it's long enough and I have time. 

Wayslow
Wayslow Dork
5/9/21 7:57 a.m.

I just bought a commercial John Deere front deck zero turn mower. It's worth more than most of the cars I've owned. I got tired of fixing old mowers.

1 ... 351 352 353 354 355 ... 373
Our Preferred Partners
1NiiZiy2ZZECHCzbVpxtGFIj5VYfF7peUALoPfEz9nw6bt8zVmD3mSPab3kpHp5g