Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
5/9/21 7:58 a.m.

In reply to Wayslow :

Resisting the urge to modify it?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/9/21 8:05 a.m.

I owe ups an apology. Turns out my mags HAD in fact shown up, and swmbos daughter had brought them inside as she was leaving for work and put them in the dumbest spot possible. So, claim abandonment time. 

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
5/9/21 8:13 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I have it on good authority that UPS doesn't accept apologies.

I wouldn't ship anything important with them for a while if I were you

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/9/21 8:37 a.m.

In reply to Mr. Peabody :

Believe it or not, the post office has been the least suspect of the cargo concerns as of late. If it needs to go, it goes flat rate. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/9/21 6:07 p.m.

I just washed what I thought was a full load of dishes in the dishwasher.  Turns out it was empty.  I was sober.  No excuses.

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
5/10/21 12:56 a.m.

I was enjoying arguing with people in a Facebook group today.

my wife made me stop 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/10/21 9:00 a.m.

Apparently today marks the 25th anniversary of the release of the blockbuster movie Twister.

Minor confession:

I have never seen so much as one minute of the blockbuster movie Twister outside of TV commercials and meme GIFs.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
5/10/21 9:24 a.m.
Duke said:

Apparently today marks the 25th anniversary of the release of the blockbuster movie Twister.

Minor confession:

I have never seen so much as one minute of the blockbuster movie Twister outside of TV commercials and meme GIFs.

Saw it, it was okay.  The main thing I remember about it was that Best Buy used a clip of it on a loop as part of their demo system for then new DVD players.  So I have seen and heard one scene of it several times over.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/10/21 9:34 a.m.
eastsideTim said:
Duke said:

Minor confession:

Saw it, it was okay.  The main thing I remember about it was that Best Buy used a clip of it on a loop as part of their demo system for then new DVD players.  So I have seen and heard one scene of it several times over.

First film ever released on DVD. 

I like the movie. Nothing special, but entertaining on a late night with nothing else happening.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/10/21 10:09 a.m.

How could you not be excited about The Extreme?

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
5/10/21 12:34 p.m.

I love "Twister". For each character type in the film, I can name someone from my old SCCA flagging group. (I'm Rabbit)

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/11/21 6:43 a.m.

So I have a highly conservative friend who has just gotten his son started in karting.

The kid's number is 684 but due to the chosen typeface and the shape of the kart bodywork, it reads as GAY in pictures or from more than 6 feet away.

I have no reason to believe they are homophobic, and I certainly am not, but I have to stifle a laugh every time I see it, and it can't be unseen.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
5/11/21 7:44 a.m.

There was a guy, probably mid forties, super straight, who joined our club a few years ago. When you join you can request a race number, or you will be assigned one in order of what is available. He was assigned 420 and had no idea of it's meaning. He sure found out at the first event and he was not impressed

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) PowerDork
5/11/21 5:17 p.m.

For the last two days I've noticed a fairly small ( < 1/2" total) spider crawling around the walls and ceiling of my office. I've gotten a good enough look at it to know it's some form of wolf spider so I've just left it alone and wished it well and hoped that if it finds any ants that it eats them. The Dancer would absolutely flip her E36 M3 if she saw it since she really hates (and is scared of) spiders.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
5/11/21 8:56 p.m.

I'm an idiot.  I thought this was funny and then some 75 year old dude bought my mower and paid me full price.  Maybe the lowballer comment scared him.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/11/21 9:30 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

That's a totally reasonable price on a running Toro. 

stroker
stroker UberDork
5/11/21 9:50 p.m.
mtn said:
eastsideTim said:
Duke said:

Minor confession:

First film ever released on DVD. 

I like the movie. Nothing special, but entertaining on a late night with nothing else happening.

"Cow."

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
5/12/21 7:26 a.m.
Duke said:

Minor confession:

Minor confession: I have never heard of this movie.

I looked it up as well as the top 10 movies of 96 and I haven't seen a single one of them.

I guess I was too busy watching Fargo and Don't be a menace

stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/16/21 6:11 p.m.

Found a hitch for my Kia for $50 shipped. Yay!

It's fits kinda funny but it should be fine.

Nope, the muffler can rubs all over it, making terrible noises.

Buy a 4lb dead blow hammer at the Hammer Store, procede to beat the hitch to get it to fit better.

It seems better. Take the car to the carwash as a shake down run. Muffler still hits the hitch. It's bad. Guy next to me in a Bentley Continental GT gives me condescending looks.

Get home, drop rear section of the exhaust, process to beat the ever loving berkeley out of it with dead blow hammer and jack handle. Beat on it some more. The neighbors walking on the sidewalk get to my driveway and cross the street to avoid the dude in his garage cursing loudly and beating on his car.

Muffler no longer hits the hitch. And you can't tell the muffler has been "clearanced" as the modified part is up under the bumper cover.

Win!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/16/21 9:06 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle :

I'll bet any potentially shady neighbors no longer entertain the idea of screwing with you or your stuff.

He beat the E36 M3 out of his own car with a hammer! Think what he'd do to my skull if he caught me berkeleying with his house?

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
5/16/21 10:53 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle :

Sometimes, "Bigger Hammer" is exactly the tool for the job.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
5/18/21 7:27 a.m.
stanger_mussle said:

Guy next to me in a Bentley Continental GT gives me condescending looks.

That was going to happen anyway regardless of hitch, or Kia

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
5/19/21 7:49 a.m.

I made an omelette wrap for breakfast yesterday and used a large tortilla with a best before date of March 5.

There's one left so I'm going to make another one today. Nothing goes to waste!

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
5/19/21 8:04 a.m.

In reply to Mr. Peabody :

There's some 12" tortillas in my bread drawer with a date of December 2020. They aren't moldy, they separate cleanly, so still good as far as I'm concerned.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/19/21 8:08 a.m.

After seeing various things (nothing in particular, just a vibe) around the news and social media lately, I have solidified my conclusion that I am utterly devoid of the religion gene.

1 ... 352 353 354 355 356 ... 373
Our Preferred Partners
X2qTtWJinLi2wL9E4JYb9k6R2zdRgynV5yq6TflnlmT51n2QSBg3XnVkaBhSTFj0