1 ... 354 355 356 357 358 ... 441
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/21 9:37 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I never pick up pennies, because that's someone else's money.

I've never encountered urinal change, so I'm not sure how I'd handle that, if I'd pee on them or use another stall.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/25/21 9:44 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:
Mr. Peabody said:

I find money. All the time and everywhere, and I'll pick up a penny. 

Guys throw pennys into the urinals at work and we all pee on them cause nobody's picking out three cents.  

I always wonder how high you gotta go to pick out the peed on coins.  $.25? $.50? $.75?  At what point will some dude pick them out?

I think at quarters I'd start flushing the urinal (pee in a different one), pick them out with a plastic bag, and take them directly to the sink to wash them off. 

Its just pee. Yeah, its gross, but its not like it is bile. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/25/21 9:52 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I read a car mag maybe 20 (30?) years ago where they took an automatic GN and swapped in a 5 speed manual just to see which was faster with the car-to-car differences factored out by making it be the same car. The manual was slower because it lost boost during shifts whereas the slush box kept load on the motor pretty much the whole time.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/26/21 6:05 a.m.

I realized yesterday, that the only reason I haven't done cartwheels out the front door quitting my job is I've made friends with two people here and I don't want to screw them over. I'm not very smart. 

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
5/27/21 8:38 a.m.

Someone in a Reddit thread softballed an opportunity to Rick Roll them and I jumped on it.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
5/27/21 8:39 a.m.
APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/27/21 10:13 a.m.
Datsun310Guy said:
Mr. Peabody said:

Guys throw pennys into the urinals at work and we all pee on them cause nobody's picking out three cents.  

I always wonder how high you gotta go to pick out the peed on coins.  $.25? $.50? $.75?  At what point will some dude pick them out?

I don't understand throwing stuff in the urinal.  Somebody has to pick that stuff out eventually and that somebody already has a crummy job.  Why make it worse?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/27/21 11:05 a.m.

In reply to APEowner :

Well, at least its money. Could be gum or a giant wad of chaw. Or a turd.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/27/21 11:08 a.m.
APEowner said:
Datsun310Guy said:
Mr. Peabody said:

I don't understand throwing stuff in the urinal.  Somebody has to pick that stuff out eventually and that somebody already has a crummy job.  Why make it worse?

Because people are dicks for no other reason than they can be.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/27/21 12:25 p.m.

In my early 20s, i dated a girl nicknamed (and who would answer to) fingertrap.

Yes, she probably did what you are thinking to earn the nickname. 

Hadn't thought about her in a bunch of years, and the nanobeaver thread title made me think of her for some reason. 

Last i heard she joined the marines and got straightened out. Glad i didn't knock her up. Blessed to have the wife i have, and life i have. 

So yeah, this is a wierd one.

Back to talk of urinals and picking stuff out of them. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/27/21 9:28 p.m.

Lil Stampie requested that I pick him up on the last Friday of school in the no AC Miata.  Mid 90's Florida afternoon sitting an hour in line.  I'll do it.  Guess I'm not the as hard core Southern dad as I thought.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/28/21 2:45 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

Was her real name Amy?

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/28/21 6:59 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Nope. But the girlfriend before her was!devil

NickD
NickD MegaDork
5/28/21 8:34 a.m.

The absurd prices that Miatas are going for has me partially considering selling mine. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
5/28/21 9:09 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

Okay, our bathrooms have one urinal x 2 bathrooms.  We have one dude that gets pissed off at the boss and tosses paper towels into the urinal.  His way of getting back.  A few of us other pick them out cause it will clog and overflow.  We know it's him but we can't really catch him.  He is one of those company cancer type people.  

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/28/21 9:13 a.m.
Datsun310Guy said:
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

Okay, our bathrooms have one urinal x 2 bathrooms.  We have one dude that gets pissed off at the boss and tosses paper towels into the urinal.  His way of getting back.  A few of us other pick them out cause it will clog and overflow.  We know it's him but we can't really catch him.  He is one of those company cancer type people.  

Is he 13?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/28/21 10:22 a.m.
NickD said:

The absurd prices that Miatas are going for has me partially considering selling mine. 

Me too.  Especially since my hookup at the DMV retired and I'm already worried about getting it inspected and renewed next summer.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
5/28/21 10:55 a.m.
Duke said:
NickD said:

Me too.  Especially since my hookup at the DMV retired and I'm already worried about getting it inspected and renewed next summer.

I see cars that are 6.5-7/10 condition going for 6-8 grand. Its insane. And everyone bitches about it in the comments about how "Your car is way overpriced" but then sure enough, you see that [Sold] pop up after a couple days.

I also partially want to move on from the Miata because it's been 7 years of owning it. With all the push for EVs and the legislation cracking down on motorsports, I have this "Time is running out" feeling I can't shake and I want to experience something different while I still have a chance.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/28/21 11:24 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

Yeah, I think I could probably sell mine for $6500-$7000 which is at least a grand more than I paid for it 10 years ago.  Plus I have the trailer and an extra set of wheels to go with it for a few extra bucks.

It's got some road rash here and there and nothing about it is perfect, but it is rust free.

[edit]  I love the Manic Miata to death but as I approach the beginning of my sixth decade I'm starting to think I might want more of a grownup's car.  It would make a killer start for an SSM build.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
5/28/21 12:36 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I guarantee you could get more than $6-7k based on what they are selling for. Like I said, $6-7k gets you a bone-stock one that's a little scruffy currently. E36 M3's wild.

I just want something different. That doesn't have water leaks that are apparently incurable. And doesn't beat me up so damn bad. I took it to PA last year for an event with NEPA SCCA and after the 5 hour drive down, I was nearly crippled afterwards. Same when I came home. I also just don't trust the thing that much anymore. It blew up the transmission in TN, ate a rear differential last year, stranded me on the side of the road when the charging cable pulled out of the crimp on the alternator and killed my alternator, nearly had the starter fall off while I was down in PA.

For whatever reason, RX-8s and FR-Ss are calling to me lately. I'd like either one of them set up for STX.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/28/21 12:54 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Are modded Miatas worth more or less than stock, right now?

A lot of RX-7 owners are pissed off that they are seeing SAs selling for $20-25k, but their SA is only worth $6k because it isn't stock.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
5/28/21 1:18 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Seems to be worth more if properly-modded. If you have MaxPeedingRods, eBay LED headlamps, and Rota wheels, you'll get laughed out of town. If you have a nice set of coilovers and a good turbo or blower setup and the body/interior aren't a disaster, you'll get $12-15k. Granted, there are the exceptions, like if its a 1993 LE (black with red top/interior) or just a 15k original mile car, you're better off all stock.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/28/21 1:29 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

The Manic Miata is all quality stuff sourced from the big names in the Miata aftermarket, but some of those things like the ECU were state of the art 10-15 years ago.  The only thing questionable is the wiring harness, but everything works.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
5/28/21 3:45 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I think the ECU is one of the things that turns me off the most on mine. It stumbles on throttle tip-in, starts mean when its cold and idles kind of ugly. I'm not good at tuning and those are all the tricky parts (made trickier by my car not having a throttle position sensor, so my enrichment has to be MAP-based instead) and the only shop that tunes MegaSquirt in my area was the one that tuned it and they kind of screwed me over. They charged me $750 and offered a free retune if I felt anything was wrong. They never put any accelerator enrichment into it, and then when I tried to get them to fix it with the free retune they said it was a mechanical issue and not their problem. But if I'm going to sell it, the tune is the thing that I really need to sort out, because I'm sure its rough manners will potentially scare off buyers.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
5/28/21 5:23 p.m.

The benefit plan that I bitched about being just OK when I took the job may very well end up funding my exit from said job

1 ... 354 355 356 357 358 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
R1QBzrcOlIMC6xWtbuGNfZ8BHaOli0SM85El8xXLfN1JuphkjdW6UP3BFzJTqGgh