1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 ... 441
stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/7/21 4:07 p.m.

I might have done something:

My buddy was looking to get rid of his 1991 Suzuki Cappuccino. It runs and drives but might have a blown head gasket. He has a ton of parts and has the import paperwork to get it registered and titled. I drove it around his neighborhood for a bit. He owned it when he was stationed in Japan. Then he had it shipped back to the states and it has been in storage at his buddy's house in Virginia for the past 1.5 years. He drove up there last week and brought this and his side by side back. The side by side is in the garage, so this was sitting in his wife's spot in the driveway. She was not amused to say the least.

I'm going to try and get it reliable so I can enjoy it. I seem to collect projects faster than I can finish them.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/7/21 4:19 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle :

PAGING FLYNLOW

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/7/21 6:46 p.m.

I have an idea brewing in my head for a minimum dimension Constructor class rallycross buggy, built around a mid engined turbo Honda 1.5 with the CVT.

It's brewing hard enough that I'm going to take some measurements on the next one I see.

The key will be, I want to make something small enough that it can be straddled on a Harbor Freight trailer.  I have the idea all in my head that it can be loaded backwards on the trailer for good towing tongue weight, and to unload it you drop the tongue to the ground and back it off.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/8/21 7:44 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Mndsm :

Like how I'm supposed to have feelings for a celebrity/sports/famous berkeley and their problems. 

If they had my problems, they'd jump out a berkeleying window. 

Yeah, pretty much. 

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/8/21 9:18 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I have an idea brewing in my head for a minimum dimension Constructor class rallycross buggy, built around a mid engined turbo Honda 1.5 with the CVT.

It's brewing hard enough that I'm going to take some measurements on the next one I see.

The key will be, I want to make something small enough that it can be straddled on a Harbor Freight trailer.  I have the idea all in my head that it can be loaded backwards on the trailer for good towing tongue weight, and to unload it you drop the tongue to the ground and back it off.

Please make this happen. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
7/8/21 1:32 p.m.

I haven't driven the Miata in over a week. Nothing majorly wrong with it, just haven't felt like driving it.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/8/21 6:34 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Until Tuesday I hadn't driven the Manic Miata in 8 months. I missed some glorious spring open car weather.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
7/8/21 6:39 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Drove Golfball for the first time in almost 2 weeks about an hour ago. Decided it was hot, I had a headache and Iowa roads suck, so I went home and parked it in the corner again. The new daily might have spoiled me already after well over a year of the ratty NB being my only car. 

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
7/8/21 8:05 p.m.

A lot of firewood has gone into the fireplace this week considering it’s July.  Allegedly.  

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
7/8/21 10:12 p.m.

I spent $200 on hiking boots.

My poor decrepit ankles have never been happier.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
7/8/21 10:26 p.m.

Me: “This particular Echo is trash, I probably won’t keep it for more than a year or two.”

Also me: “I should buy Konis for it because I can always put them on a Scion xA later.”

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/8/21 10:53 p.m.
stanger_mussle said:

I might have done something:

My buddy was looking to get rid of his 1991 Suzuki Cappuccino. It runs and drives but might have a blown head gasket. He has a ton of parts and has the import paperwork to get it registered and titled. I drove it around his neighborhood for a bit. He owned it when he was stationed in Japan. Then he had it shipped back to the states and it has been in storage at his buddy's house in Virginia for the past 1.5 years. He drove up there last week and brought this and his side by side back. The side by side is in the garage, so this was sitting in his wife's spot in the driveway. She was not amused to say the least.

I'm going to try and get it reliable so I can enjoy it. I seem to collect projects faster than I can finish them.

That's awesome!

7/10/21 7:52 p.m.

I saw a murderered out Daewoo Lanos hatchback that someone cut the muffler off of , maybe lowered it a bit and was driving spiritedly.

It looked fun and I kinda liked it.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
7/10/21 10:18 p.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/10/21 10:18 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

I saw a murderered out Daewoo Lanos hatchback that someone cut the muffler off of , maybe lowered it a bit and was driving spiritedly.

Was that the one that had a Porsche designed I6, or the tiny Kia Rio looking thing?

7/11/21 12:12 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

It's the Kia Rio looking thing. I never gave them a second glance before but this was interesting.

I wish I had got a pic

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/11/21 11:31 a.m.

I hate changing oil. Especially in the daily. But still hate it regardless. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
7/11/21 5:54 p.m.
mtn said:
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

Was that the one that had a Porsche designed I6, or the tiny Kia Rio looking thing?

You're thinking of the Suzuki Verona, I think, with the transverse inline six.

Daewoo (GM Korea) was basically Korean made Opels (GM Germany).  The Lanos was more or less a blobified Kadett (also sold as Pontiac LeMans, which was built by Daewoo) right down to that OHC engine, which was also used in the Sunbird, which shared many design philosophies with the Kadett.

Supposedly the 2.0 turbo engine from a Sunbird bolted in to a LeMans, I wonder if the same could be said for the Lanos.  New problem: finding a 2.0 turbo, since most of them cracked the cylinder head before 100k miles, usually 60k.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
7/11/21 5:57 p.m.
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) said:

I spent $200 on hiking boots.

My poor decrepit ankles have never been happier.

Three things that are worth spending the extra money: shoes, mattresses, and toilet paper.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
7/11/21 6:06 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

The Lanos 1.6 was the same motor used in the Aveo. I ground a bunch of cams for a guy building an Aveo about 10 years ago and used Lanos cores. The valve springs from that motor can also be used in a 3cyl (G10) Metro motor and have an installed rate 15% greater.

Pete. (l33t FS)
7/11/21 6:27 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Peabody :

If it's the one where you rotate the water pump to tension the timing belt, it's an Opel engine datimg back to the early 80s, maybe earlier.

Wonder if the DOHC Kadett head would fit.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
7/11/21 7:35 p.m.

I don’t know but the 1.6 is a DOHC engine. 

I think the Lanos and Aveo May even be essentially the same car

7/11/21 8:19 p.m.

.....now I kinda want to track one down.

There was a Lanos hatch for sale for like.....$700 awhile back too, I wonder if it's the same one?

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/13/21 10:28 a.m.

I'm thinking about trying to start a new conspiracy theory. Without using Facebook, I need to figure out marketing it to the masses and how to profit from it before giving away the details.

Here's a hint, closer to flat earth and birds aren't real. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/13/21 11:26 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

I'd go for the classic cult and have your members "donate" all their income to the  "church".

1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Anf7Ha5sPrjv3oCJZf9bO8ofoGfzuy8ViDp5MWJdekFE1dMAwx3jBXv2FHZXQtAJ