1 ... 366 367 368 369 370 ... 441
Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
8/12/21 8:23 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Vanilla Fudge.

Every time I hear Vanilla Fudge, the music, or any mention of the band, it reminds me of one Saturday night, with my Dad, in his 76 Eldorado. Bike strapped to the back of the car in bumper racks, driving way too fast trying to get to the motocross track so we could drink beers, sleep in the car, then get up early and race in the morning.

We had Vanilla fudge blaring on the 8 track player the whole way up, a tape he'd found in a car he'd just flipped.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/12/21 9:40 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Peabody :

Great song, great story!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/14/21 6:56 a.m.

:36 is the part that made me go all Scooby "Rrrwhut?" from across a loud shop.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/14/21 9:07 a.m.

I went to a Luke Bryan concert last night, and I enjoyed most of it. I don't care what it says about my taste in music.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
8/14/21 10:28 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

YOOOOOOOO THIS E36 M3 SLAPS

Woody (Forum Supportum)
8/15/21 9:11 p.m.

Tonight was the first time in my life that I ever tasted worter ice. 

bigeyedfish
bigeyedfish Reader
8/25/21 4:21 p.m.

Two confessions in a single post...

We bought a freezer at our neighbor's estate auction.  Picked it up last night, and it still had a lot of food in it (still frozen).  So today I raided the new freezer and had a hot pocket for lunch.  That's the first confession.  After I finished it, I checked the expiration date - August 2020.  Second confession?  I'll probably have another one tomorrow.

Pete. (l33t FS)
8/25/21 4:56 p.m.

In reply to bigeyedfish :

It's frozen, and sealed in a plastic bag.  Worst thing that could happen is that it might taste a little off, but it's a Hot Pocket.  How could you tell?

Absorbed unwanted flavors is why salt has a best-by date, and salt is bazillion year old rock that used to be worth more than gold because it literally was the only way people could preserve food.

bigeyedfish
bigeyedfish Reader
8/26/21 4:03 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Well, I did it again.  I don't remember these things smelling bad when I was in college, but they really don't smell good coming out of the microwave.  Oh well.  We have like eight left, and I'm not going to throw them away.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
8/26/21 4:24 p.m.

Our Son had a Weber electric grill, because apartment. Since he moved to a house with a gas grill, and it was just sitting, I told him he could keep it here and I might even clean it up for him. Since I tried it, unless I'm smoking or have a fancy steak,  I don't bother with anything else anymore.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/21 12:03 p.m.

We've agreed that Lil Stampie will be living with me more full time.  This coming week will be my last single guy week before full time single dad weeks.  I thought about calling out from work next week and going on a bender.  Think I'll just enjoy the extra time to sleep instead.

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile HalfDork
8/27/21 10:29 p.m.

It's truly weird going into my late 30's and realizing your such a much different person than 99.99% of others. Yeah we all think different and have different beliefs, yet my beliefs are frowned upon most. I don't particularly fall into the left nor the right, somewhat libertarian but even that doesnt 'some to  fit me. 

berkeley me my first world problems.I'm finding myself lost in berkeleying world of chaos 

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/27/21 11:40 p.m.

In reply to Subscriber-unavailabile :

Word!

Pete. (l33t FS)
8/28/21 12:04 a.m.

You are all individuals!

(small voice) "I'm not"

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
8/28/21 6:30 a.m.

Sounds a bit similar to me, but I'll avoid expounding on it, I would rather not be the person who triggers a thread getting locked.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/28/21 2:14 p.m.

My Democrat friends all think I'm a Republican and my Republican friends all think I'm an anarchist.

I'm not.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
8/29/21 8:41 p.m.

Any time that I feel even moderate pain in any finger or toe, there is at least a brief moment when I try to assess whether life would be better or worse if I just have the offending digit removed.

I think of it as "Ronnie Lott Syndrome".

NickD
NickD MegaDork
9/1/21 10:16 a.m.

Once I start reading a book, I tend to have to finish it, even if it sucks. I've trudged through some real E36 M3ty books lately.

As an anecdote, one of the rare times I haven't been able to finish a book was the time I tried reading an L. Ron Hubbard book (Battlefield Earth, to be precise) not knowing who L. Ron Hubbard was. What a completely berkeleying awful book and author. The synopsis sounded great, but wow he really pissed that one away. I actually got like 3/4s of the way through and it seemed like there had been about 4 spots where he could have wrapped up the book already and still he kept going on. Then I later discovered he was the nutty Dianetics and Scientology guy.

matthewmcl
matthewmcl HalfDork
9/1/21 10:29 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

I made it through Battlefield Earth okay, but the Mission Earth series, that really droned on. I gave on that one. That was a very long time ago (like 8th grade). I doubt I could put up with Battlefield, now.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/1/21 12:53 p.m.

The phase of the day is "Hope for the best but prepare for the worst".

NickD
NickD MegaDork
9/1/21 1:12 p.m.

In reply to matthewmcl :

I suppose my view on the novel was pretty objective, since I didn't know who he was and wasn't going into the novel with my perception colored by that. So, objectively, he sucks as an author.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/1/21 1:43 p.m.
NickD said:

...not knowing who L. Ron Hubbard was. What a completely berkeleying awful human being.

FTFY.

The man was a liar and a fraud (at best) from the time he learned to speak until the day he died.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/1/21 1:46 p.m.

My confession - last night I parted out my LEGO Mini Cooper that I got as a present when it came out:

1. It made me sadder than it should have, even though I can put it back together any time I want.

2. I made it into a deathkart before I completely disassembled it.

3. I had forgotten what a really nicely put-together kit that is.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/1/21 4:47 p.m.

I watched Lochdown (the latest Grand Tour output, for those who've given up checking in on the former Top Gear hosts), and... there were times I actually thought Clarkson's malaise-era Continental looked kinda sharp.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/3/21 5:01 p.m.

I'm invited to a large wedding for a relative and can't bring a guest because I don't have a significant other, even though I have an insignificant other that would love to watch this circus.  Since I will be there alone, as she posts pictures of her and her bridesmaids doing things I keep asking which ones are single.  

1 ... 366 367 368 369 370 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
D2dxQ2nUpkzpIcUePRLlanIN4L7m8c1JitQoBJgNV0dwc7t3ihye6KxFEIlTas1C