1 ... 374 375 376 377 378 ... 406
759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
12/1/21 11:06 p.m.
Duke said:

I really like being outside on cold, quiet, overcast late-November afternoons around 4:00 when the whole sky is that flat, deep, unsaturated blue that tints all the dormant grass and the leafless trees.

 

nailed it .....oh and sunsets are equally phenomenal thanks  

Azryael
Azryael HalfDork
12/2/21 11:12 a.m.

After years of telling myself I'd start playing around with Linux more at home, I've finally done it. Went headfirst into an Arch Linux install on a 2015 MacBook Air, and it was a rewarding as it was difficult.

Snagged a cheap small formfactor Dell OptiPlex 3020 from the local Goodwill Electronics store and threw the latest version of Mint on it to run 24/7 as a Minecraft server.

If it weren't for a few games that can't be run through Wine, Lutris, etc., as well as my Adobe and CAD software that I like, I'd jump from Windows entirely.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/3/21 5:42 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

I want to buy a hurdy gurdy

I also want a 3rd gen Camaro now too

How these could be connected are anyone's guess

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/21 5:56 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

I want to buy a hurdy gurdy

I also want a 3rd gen Camaro now too

How these could be connected are anyone's guess

i got nothin', other than he probably would rock a 3rd gen, and plays a hurdy-gurdy in this video

Daylan C.
Daylan C. GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/4/21 11:32 a.m.

Laughing at this mental image somebody had of a dude with Pit Vipers and an IROC. Realized I have Heat Waves and a GTA. I'm like alternate dimense "that guy" apparently.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/4/21 12:12 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

I want to buy a hurdy gurdy

I also want a 3rd gen Camaro now too

How these could be connected are anyone's guess

i got nothin', other than he probably would rock a 3rd gen, and plays a hurdy-gurdy in this video

I mean I can totally see him driving a 3rd gen so I can dig it. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/4/21 2:49 p.m.

Well if you can't do something smart, at least do something cool.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/5/21 11:15 p.m.

I started fooling around with the vertical hold, we got the munchies and I made some spaghetti. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/6/21 3:04 a.m.

I had popcorn for dinner. 

Honsch
Honsch Reader
12/6/21 12:51 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Well if you can't do something smart, at least do something cool.

That looks like you're trying to change the headlight bulbs in any modern car.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
12/6/21 1:43 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

When my dad was living alone he told me this all the time.   

You can't eat popcorn for dinner!  

Then I found out he had a big lunch out at a restaurant so it was all good.  

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/6/21 2:37 p.m.

In reply to Honsch :

The headlights are in the hood...

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/6/21 2:41 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

In reply to mtn :

When my dad was living alone he told me this all the time.   

You can't eat popcorn for dinner!  

Then I found out he had a big lunch out at a restaurant so it was all good.  

If you make the popcorn properly, you certainly can.  Shredded cheese, butter, salt/seasoning of choice, dried peas/veggies, bacon bits.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/9/21 9:41 p.m.

I might have bought a WRX.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
12/9/21 10:12 p.m.

In reply to Stefan (Forum Supporter) :

Naw, he was 80 years old and microwaved a bag.  

In his later years he got tired of cooking and his kitchen hygiene practices became questionable. 

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
12/11/21 10:56 a.m.

I hate cutting the grass. I love Lawn Mowing Simulator.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/12/21 7:54 a.m.

I am not buying the WRX because it is too rusty for Pete, even at $1200.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/12/21 11:26 a.m.

I don't generally have a drinking problem, but I sure as hell did on Friday night. Solo pub crawl within a block of my hotel. I remember leaving the last bar and flipping up Sabine's wipers before going inside, but I don't know which hotel entrance or stairway / elevator I used. I forced myself to puke twice before passing out on the bathroom floor, then woke up to puke a third time. Was miserable on the 5-hour drive home, although a bottle of full-fat chocolate milk helped get my stomach right before We got all the way home. Today my chest hurts from leaning against the toilet. So my PSA is:  Don't be that guy.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
12/13/21 1:14 p.m.

I just bought a small tachometer and a bunch of storage doodads from Summit so I wouldn't have to pay shipping for a $12 parking brake tool.  I mean, I'll use everything I bought, but, dang.

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
12/13/21 2:21 p.m.

Holy E36 M3. I step away from web work for a couple years and wow I don't even recognize it anymore.

Friend called, hey so my old business partner stole all my stuff and put it in his website pretending to still be part of our business. Can you make it go away? Yea, lemme look a little bit. 

Maybe things are just different in Japan, but gone are the days of a handful of clicks and some typing to permanently forward a domain to another one. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/14/21 4:06 p.m.

I've been wanting a 245 and prefer white. I saw this at a customers house. Ran when parked two years ago. They told me to make an offer. My confession is that I didn't make an offer. 
 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/14/21 4:07 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Offer $75 and a grilled cheese sandwich. If they take it, giggle all the way home 

 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
12/15/21 8:34 p.m.

Living in Chicago and traveling to Detroit I estimate I've made close to 75 business trips and never once toured the Ford River Rouge plant until today.  What a cool place but similar to other automobile plants I've been in.  

I confessed this to a museum lady and her comment was that Mark Fields (2017 CEO) was in the area and never stopped in for 10 years.  (True?)

One highlight was watching a dude put on pillar trim and move his phone and watch a show all at the same time.  

I give people credit that can do this job for a 10 hour shift.  I'd definitely be smoking weed in my car at lunch.  Read the book Rivethead.  

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/15/21 8:47 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to Stampie :

Offer $75 and a grilled cheese sandwich. If they take it, giggle all the way home 

 

$150 and a grilled cheese made with Swiss, fried in mayo.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/15/21 9:06 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

Living in Chicago and traveling to Detroit I estimate I've made close to 75 business trips and never once toured the Ford River Rouge plant until today.  What a cool place but similar to other automobile plants I've been in.  

I confessed this to a museum lady and her comment was that Mark Fields (2017 CEO) was in the area and never stopped in for 10 years.  (True?)

One highlight was watching a dude put on pillar trim and move his phone and watch a show all at the same time.  

I give people credit that can do this job for a 10 hour shift.  I'd definitely be smoking weed in my car at lunch.  Read the book Rivethead.  

I've designed a handful of production lines and processes over the years and as part of that work I always made it a point to run each of the stations.  I've never made it a full shift.  If life was fair the production folks would make more money than I did designing the line.

1 ... 374 375 376 377 378 ... 406
Our Preferred Partners
ExubKQ5LcV4XZq9UTNTNBbDxfeXMHoQdlKCZfa0WbEGaSXQCqGfjOEVZr2XeQE0b