1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 ... 441
Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/9/22 11:54 a.m.

I hope all these kids recognized the fact that I've been wearing these Carhartt hats for more than a decade. 

#trendsetter

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/9/22 11:59 a.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

I hope all these kids recognized the fact that I've been wearing these Carhartt hats for more than a decade. 

#trendsetter

If someday Cintas uniform pants become trendy, I will get to be all "I've been wearing those since like 2004"

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
2/9/22 2:54 p.m.

I'm almost 60 years old and I'm at the end of the game in sales.  I've done the hustle for 37 years and I'm in the 9th inning and at a saturation point   

Think of me as Greg "the bull" Luzinski.   Finished his career as a DH for the Chicago White Sox.  A little overweight, end of his career but he'd come up to bat and tap out a few home runs.  

That's me in sales. Accept it and leave me alone. Let me tap that home run onto the roof.  

slefain
slefain PowerDork
2/10/22 10:25 a.m.

The other night I dreamed my daily driver was a beater '89 Fox body hatch with a 2.3L and a stick. Even my dream cars are junk.

It matches the dream I had last year of owning a beater 240DL wagon (white) with a stick. At least my dream cars are attainable.

cfvwtuner
cfvwtuner New Reader
2/10/22 10:54 a.m.

I really enjoy, and am really comfortable driving my Dodge Grand Caravan.

Years of motorsporting, in motorsportable cars, that are always a blast to drive, and I enjoy a m.m.m.m....minivan

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/11/22 4:54 p.m.

I have a hard time finding the gray area between temporary solutions become permanent solutions and good enough is the enemy of perfection.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/11/22 5:18 p.m.

#trendsetter

Everyone likes wearing Carhartt clothes,  until its time to do Carhartt work.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/11/22 5:21 p.m.
Appleseed said:

#trendsetter

Everyone likes wearing Carhartt clothes,  until its time to do Carhartt work.

I use my carhartt insulated bibs for walking the dog in the cold more than anything. And I love them. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/11/22 7:24 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

That's more action than most get.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/11/22 9:32 p.m.

I went into bass pro looking for a set of specific shoes (ok and maybe a handgun) I watched a guy buy an entire stack of bass pro trucker hats. At least 30. I do not understand fashion anymore, but they're everywhere. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
2/12/22 6:08 p.m.

Since it seems to be required to take pictures of a show quality car in front of urban decay, when I get my not so pretty looking S10 on the road, I want to find some well maintained older building with impeccable landscaping to do a photo shoot in front of.

Azryael
Azryael HalfDork
2/12/22 8:33 p.m.

I'm borrowing a camper shell from a friend for my truck (so I can stash things like the stroller and stuff in the bed since there's not enough space even in my crew cab) and I'm digging the look more than I thought I would.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
2/12/22 9:40 p.m.

I went to dealership to do some new car shipping today. I was dreading it for about 72 hours, but it wasn't horrible. 

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
2/12/22 9:41 p.m.

In reply to Azryael :

Maybe it was growing up in SoCal in the 90s, but I'm extremely fond of compact trucks with shells. You know, the kind you'd see used by an independent contractor or small landscape crew. The want is strong. 

Azryael
Azryael HalfDork
2/13/22 12:33 a.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

Oh yeah, I know what you're talking about. I still see compact trucks setup like that around here; my truck is no compact, however :o

Woody (Forum Supportum)
2/13/22 6:07 a.m.

Just like saying "Rabbit" on the first of the month, the first thing I did when I woke up today was check to see if Wally had started posting owl pictures yet. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/15/22 3:16 a.m.

I can't get to sleep, and my mind was wandering. It got to the truck I was driving in high school, how the interior looked, and eventually,  to how I had my first kiss in it. At least I think so. And i realized... I have no idea what my first girlfriend's name was. Weird. It was only 16 years ago. I only had 3 girlfriends before my wife. I can picture her, but no clue what her name was.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
2/15/22 6:51 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

My dad would say to me; "women are like street cars, you wait long enough another one comes along". 

Except I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago and I never rode a street car.  

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/15/22 6:55 a.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

My grandfather said they were like automatic transmissions. No one understands how they work and they're easier to take apart than to they are to put together.  

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/15/22 6:56 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

I had a slow start Sunday, I didn't realize they didn't carry over to the new phone. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/15/22 8:28 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

My grandfather said they were like automatic transmissions. No one understands how they work and they're easier to take apart than to they are to put together.  

Can cause a lot of problems if you put your hootus in one too. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/15/22 6:25 p.m.

I finally admitted my age.  I just ordered my first daily supplement after putting it off for months.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
2/17/22 10:47 a.m.

Writing a description for our new Belgian style Blonde ale. Finding it impossible to not think of jokes and innuendos.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/18/22 7:02 a.m.

I am so frustrated with the term "full spool" that I'm thinking about buying a spool, cutting it in half, and putting it up for sale as a "half spool" for people who don't want to go as extreme as a full spool.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/18/22 7:48 a.m.
Beer Baron said:

Writing a description for our new Belgian style Blonde ale. Finding it impossible to not think of jokes and innuendos.

Uhhh, why would you bother to avoid that?  At least for marketing purposes?

1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HFPymi1UYyd6o3mAnOeKBaJQhJl8Mtp56me3fDAJ7yhERB18YlXOhlxk3aHZk326