1 ... 392 393 394 395 396 ... 441
KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
5/3/22 10:19 a.m.

Two years into my ownership of the white turbo Miata.  I've spent an absurd amount of money, driven it less than 400 miles, and not really made it any faster.

It's a bit disheartening.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/3/22 10:28 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

The manuals for pretty much all of the sets are available online from LEGO, here's the link: LEGO 10298 Instructions, and the parts list can usually be found on Bricklink in this case here.

Ashyukun (Robert)
5/3/22 11:21 a.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to mtn :

Try the flaming hot Mountain Dew. It's interesting, like fruit punch with spiced rum sort of flavor.

I had very mixed feelings on the Flaming Hot Mountain Dew... I felt like if it they'd put just a little bit less capsicum in it I woud have loved it, but as it was it had just slightly too much bite for me to want in something I was drinking.

Ashyukun (Robert)
5/3/22 11:47 a.m.

I really don't want to go back and figure out what I've spend on LEGO in the last few years- it's likely I've spent more on it than I'd have spent on a Challenge car. Not regretting it in the least- and not about to stop (I'm kicking myself for having not picked up two of the new BTTF Time Machine sets so I could keep one stock and build the other as a non-BTTF DMC-12)- but I'm also not in any hurry to figure out just what I've spent on it. I mean- half of the reason for buying the new 3D printer was to try and print the metallic bricks for the DMC's body...

EDIT: and not half an hour after posting this I put in an order to pick up 2 of a new set (the Lightyear spaceship that looks suspiciously like a Colonial Viper) from the nearby Target. :P

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/22 8:16 p.m.

First my DA put the Miata on the charger all day not realizing that the trunk light was on draining the charge at the same time.  Second my DA decided the correct course of action was to remove the bulb.  Third my DA didn't think that maybe an incandescent bulb that's been on all day might be more than a little hot.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
5/6/22 8:38 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

You tried to put it in your pocket, didn't you?

Stampie
5/6/22 8:48 p.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

Put it in my pocket?  Hell I didn't even get to the twist to remove point.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/6/22 9:47 p.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to mtn :

Try the flaming hot Mountain Dew. It's interesting, like fruit punch with spiced rum sort of flavor.

Nope. Flaming hot is disgusting. Mountain Dew is ok about once every 12 years. I hate spicy drinks... that's a no for me. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
5/7/22 3:07 p.m.

I'm a good way through reorganizing my tools, and it seems like it is much more efficient (I am spending less time digging around for them), but it is breaking my brain.  The top of my cart and one of the drawers is a mix of the tools I use most frequently, and the most of the rest is being done by type of tool.  For some reason, using two different systems to organize them seems weird, even though it works.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/7/22 3:09 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

I'm a good way through reorganizing my tools, and it seems like it is much more efficient (I am spending less time digging around for them), but it is breaking my brain.  The top of my cart and one of the drawers is a mix of the tools I use most frequently, and the most of the rest is being done by type of tool.  For some reason, using two different systems to organize them seems weird, even though it works.

Kind of like having a computer with all of the commonly used apps on the desktop, with the rest sorted by function?

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
5/7/22 3:27 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
eastsideTim said:

Kind of like having a computer with all of the commonly used apps on the desktop, with the rest sorted by function?

Hmm, maybe I should start organizing my computer desktop that way.  Right now, it's mostly whatever apps tossed an icon on the desktop during the install, and whatever files ended up there when I was in a hurry to save them.

Pete. (l33t FS)
5/7/22 11:31 p.m.

I have a recurring theme in my dreams where I have a white four door Chevette that I forgot that I had.

When I wake up, I am a little sad that it was just a dream.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
5/8/22 10:20 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Did we get 4 door Chevettes here in the states? I can't remember them, but I really didn't want to either until you brought it up

Pete. (l33t FS)
5/8/22 10:40 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

The majority I have seen were four door.

wae
wae PowerDork
5/8/22 10:41 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

I owned a 4-door.

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
5/8/22 10:54 p.m.

We made tuna salad for lunch today, and my wife used stone-ground horseradish mustard instead of yellow. 

It was far more spectacular than I expected it to be.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/8/22 11:27 p.m.
Recon1342 said:

We made tuna salad for lunch today, and my wife used stone-ground horseradish mustard instead of yellow. 

It was far more spectacular than I expected it to be.

That sounds great!

Antihero
5/8/22 11:30 p.m.

I for some reason want a Challenger despite the fact that it's probably the least useful vehicle in the world for me.

I guess I can get the AWD V6 model and they do sit higher than most cars at least but then I have a V6 Challenger

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/9/22 7:39 a.m.
Antihero said:

I for some reason want a Challenger despite the fact that it's probably the least useful vehicle in the world for me.

I guess I can get the AWD V6 model and they do sit higher than most cars at least but then I have a V6 Challenger

There is an SRT V8 car around with a full AWD conversion. It's for sale, too. Search back a couple weeks in the hotlink pics thread - I posted the sale link.

Antihero
5/9/22 12:41 p.m.
Duke said:
Antihero said:

There is an SRT V8 car around with a full AWD conversion. It's for sale, too. Search back a couple weeks in the hotlink pics thread - I posted the sale link.

Oh man.....I didn't need to hear that....

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/9/22 12:52 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

I found the link and it appears to be gone.  They were asking $46k for it, so there's that.

Daylan C.
Daylan C. PowerDork
5/10/22 8:25 p.m.

The entire Fever 105 radio station from GTA Vice City popped up in my youtube recommendations. So that's what we're doing for music now I guess.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
5/11/22 9:43 a.m.

In reply to Recon1342 :

Ooh, gonna try that. My favorite used to be tuna salad on sour dough with mustard and red onion. I joked it was my unannounced cubicle meeting repellent.

Stampie
5/11/22 11:13 a.m.

I've started adding horseradish to my ramen noodles. It's much better than I expected.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
5/11/22 12:29 p.m.

We just got back from the wallet-raping Disney park and it's associated CA fuel costs and hotels and food. 
Planning another trip either in September or December. Not bringing the kids. 

1 ... 392 393 394 395 396 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kJkzD1xVghcVrPWTYbx9GvWTE6UJrtRa4HxYMgpyBF4mMGUj6h1aDeZL4vPwwEbk