1 ... 399 400 401 402 403 ... 441
Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
7/15/22 5:11 p.m.

I confess, this level of creativity is beyond anything I could hope to achieve someday.

atleast he got my occupation right!

I promised myself that I wouldn't buy anything I didn't need for Prime Day but apparently I NEEDED a Coleman CT200 minibike ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've already been researching engine swaps, front fork swaps, mufflers and re-jetting the carb.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/15/22 5:16 p.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

Appleseed1 picked a fight me on the forum about 2 years ago, got canned by the mods, and showed up in my driveway wanting to fistfight me.

Just sayin.

Dead-Sled (ha!)
Dead-Sled (ha!) SuperDork
7/15/22 5:29 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I'll never resort to that low form of debauchery. I confess... I have more fun doing this. 

also, fuel prices are too high for pranks. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/22 6:57 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

There seemed to be a short period where a bunch of them in decent shape were in the 4-6K price range, and some ratty ones came close to hitting 3K.  That time is long over.

That coincided with LS1 engines running $3k and T56 transmissions running $2k.

LT1 T56s are not valuable for swapping apparently.  '98 LS1 engines have a lot of Can't Get There From Here attached to them, too.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
7/15/22 7:12 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
eastsideTim said:

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

There seemed to be a short period where a bunch of them in decent shape were in the 4-6K price range, and some ratty ones came close to hitting 3K.  That time is long over.

That coincided with LS1 engines running $3k and T56 transmissions running $2k.

LT1 T56s are not valuable for swapping apparently.  '98 LS1 engines have a lot of Can't Get There From Here attached to them, too.

LT1 T56s have started to see some rise in demand as the LS1 T56s dry up and companies have kits to convert them to the LS1 bellhousing/clutch/slave cylinder setup. Sorta like how for a while, people still didn't want longbed '67-'72 C10s and now there's a kit to make them shortbeds.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/22 7:33 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Are the Tremecs discontinued?  I thought the thing was that by the time you bought the parts to convert an LT1 trans, then converted it, and replaced all the blown synchros and stuff because there is no such thing as an F body T56 that hasn't had someone wreck 2nd and 3rd gear, you could just buy a new T56 from places like American Powertrain.

Kind of like how there was no point paying $800 for a thrashed Mustang T5 when you could buy a new trans from Ford for $1100...

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
7/15/22 8:28 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Almost want the back story but I don't want to kick the hornets nest and cause another fight. 

Also Island Lake isn't far from Lockport.....

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/15/22 9:11 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Job I had was going South. I was good friends with a couple of people there. 10 years. I would bitch about the job on rant thread as a lot of us do. Randy aka Appleseed1 joined the forum in June. Never mentioned he joined the place I had talked up for years. Either he joined to get dirt on me to further his standings with the other friend,  or he was told to do so by said friend.

Either way I got canned a couple of months later. At which point I posted that I thought I was sold out.

Randy finally came alive on the forum, E36 M3posting. Said I sold black market insulin and even sold an insulin pump. Didn't help that I caught on as to who it was, and posted a picture of the pump, still in my possession. The argument devolved into 5th grade name calling. I think he even told Alphadriver that he didn't know E36 M3 about cars. Even though he worked for Ford. The mods banned him shortly after.

I didn't pay much attention. Until he made good on his threat to show up in front of my house.

The dude liked getting into fist fights. No way was I going out there to confront him. Eventually he got bored with the E36 M3 talking that was going nowhere and left.

At mtn's suggestion, I did file a police report. I haven't seen, heard, or talked to either of them in almost 2 years.

Good riddance. 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
7/15/22 9:44 p.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

Wtf is going on

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/22 9:53 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

_

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
7/15/22 10:06 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to dculberson :

_

Am I the only one who found it amusing that he used a "-" instead of an "_" when he tried to copy my sn?

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/15/22 10:29 p.m.

Moar of this please.  

Do we know who "-" is?

I hope iys good natured fun.

Dead-Sled (ha!)
7/16/22 2:25 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

I'm good natured, and forgiving. Some may not subscribe to that lifestyle. 

Dead-Sled (ha!)
7/16/22 2:27 p.m.
Dead_Sled said:
Stampie said:

In reply to dculberson :

_

Am I the only one who found it amusing that he used a "-" instead of an "_" when he tried to copy my sn?

You missed the humor in it. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
7/17/22 6:55 a.m.

We hardly drive the car anymore, but PW's  has been getting an O2 sensor code the last few months and I'm too lazy to do anything about it. Yesterday she messaged me.

My check engine light is on again, why does it only happen when I drive the car?

I don't know, what do you think you're doing wrong?

It's driving her crazy. 
It only happens when a drive cycle is completed, which is relatively rare these days, but usually when I'm driving. And when that happens,  I don't say anything and clear the code when she goes in the house. 
I should do something about it, but what I'm doing now is a lot more fun than changing the sensor. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/18/22 1:01 a.m.

After spending 2 hours trying to replicate a sprung steel clip for a side marker (and failing spectacularly) I might have said "BERK IT," and used a fat blob of hot glue instead.

Allegedly.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/19/22 1:50 p.m.

So, I have to get this out and I know I'm not telling The Dancer about it (now for certain, she's got enough stress- but ideally also never if I can). 

My ADD/airheadedness almost cost her non-profit (though we would likely have ended up paying for it ourselves) several hundred dollars (possibly closer to a thousand) and would have put a considerable damper on the show this weekend due to likely not having a few things she was planning on.

Here's what happened. Yesterday I picked up a small U-Haul box truck to use to transport stuff to the performance venue from our house and the studio where they're been rehearsing. The U-Haul will also be used to store everything for the show at the venue, and during the show will be an additional changing room (it's an outdoor Amphitheater, so not a lot of dressing rooms) for the dancers. Anyway- she headed off to start the rehearsal at the venue while I finished up my workday at my real job, and then had to load up the U-Haul at home, drive to the studio and load up the rest of the stuff, and then head to the venue.

There was a lot of stuff to load up- and she texted me like a half dozen additional things she wanted me to bring that I'd set reminders on my phone about. I was feeling pretty good since I got things loaded up ahead of when I had decided I needed to leave to get to the studio through rush-hour traffic. So after loading everything up, the last thing I had to knock off my list was to find a lock for the U-Haul since it would be left out at the venue, but after searching through the garage the only padlocks I could find were just not sturdy enough for me to trust so I decided it would be smarter to just run back out after dropping the U-Haul at the venue and go to a hardware store for an appropriate lock. That decided, I hopped into the cab and headed off for the studio.

Since I've driven U-Hauls with show stuff in them before, I was driving a lot more mildly and cautiously than usual since I didn't want to sling stuff around in the back. But a bit under halfway there as I was approaching downtown, a thought popped up in the back of my head: Did you ever close up the back of the truck? As I thought about it, my stomach dropped as I couldn't actively remember having pulled the door down and latching it. The road I was on was a 4-lane road (2 each way) with a center turn lane between the sides- so I eased into the turn lane and hit the emergency flashers and carefully got out and went to the back of the truck.

Yup- I'd forgotten to pull the door down and close up the back of the truck, so it was just open as could be and anything could have fallen or been thrown out.

Miraculously though- as nearly as I could tell then (and still am pretty certain of) nothing had fallen out of the truck. Thankfully it wasn't very full, and as I said I'd been driving very cautiously to not sling stuff around- but I still can't believe that the two boxes with the bubble machines in them didn't slide out the back- they're really light and were at the very back of the truck. I have to guess if I'd accelerated much harder that they would have tumbled out... but didn't. I quickly pulled the door down and latched it closed and hopped back in the cab to pick up the stuff from the studio.

It took a lot of effort to not say anything to The Dancer about it- but I knew that if I had she'd have completely freaked out (and not unjustifiably), and she's already under a lot of stress from normal show stuff without worrying about that as well. Heck, it kept me up for a bit last night when trying to get to sleep worrying about it.. I of course made certain I'd closed the back after the studio stop, but also still can't believe that nothing fell out of the back. I am not by any stretch religious or even spiritual- but it's difficult to not think that someone/something/The Universe was looking out for me.

I had already planned on talking with my primary doctor about getting back with whoever I needed to talk to so I could try and find a med that would help with my ADD/ADHD (by making a literal note about it along with a few other things- because I know I'd forget something if I didn't...), but this absolutely solidified that I needed to try and figure something out, because I don't imagine I'll dodge that bullet twice.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/19/22 2:20 p.m.

I have been doing front line mental health services since 2005.

Im burned out and kinda desensitized. 

This bothers me to the point of losing sleep most nights. It also affects my ability to be a husband, father, friend and son.

I just don't know what else I can do with similar pay and flexibility, so i stay.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
7/19/22 2:39 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Wish I could offer up some useful advice, I'm in a similar situation, only in the IT field.  I took a week long vacation recently, and it did almost nothing to help, it may have hurt because I came back to work with a load of problems that had built up while I was gone.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
7/19/22 2:47 p.m.

Check with Federal Court Probation office. They use mental health providers to help determine probationers status/treatment, etc.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/19/22 2:48 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

Wish I could offer up some useful advice, I'm in a similar situation, only in the IT field.  I took a week long vacation recently, and it did almost nothing to help, it may have hurt because I came back to work with a load of problems that had built up while I was gone.

Americans need to adopt the European standard for time off. 1 week is not enough to decompress. I recently took medical leave and entered a program for my anxiety due to work. I felt great coming out of it. I don't think the program itself was the primary driver, despite how good it was, I think it was have 4 weeks off of work. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/19/22 2:53 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

That's one of those things in a few weeks say "Want to hear something funny about the show?"

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
7/19/22 3:09 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

I have three weeks planned off in 2023.  Last time I did that was in 2015, and it was great, except for the fact I didn't want to point my car back towards home.  Hoping next year helps as much.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/20/22 11:09 a.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

That's one of those things in a few weeks say "Want to hear something funny about the show?"

I'm not 100% confident that it would go over that well, given how upset she's gotten about other things my scatterbrained memory has done- like forgetting to lock doors to the house when in a hurry to leave. 

1 ... 399 400 401 402 403 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AbgsxMv2TEFuO3JQ9OcB6a0J3srBLBAuCRNesMLQTwEX9KPQbwR4L8r98qyIFMZy