1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 441
Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
10/6/15 11:20 a.m.

I don't really get electrical harmonics and I should. I mean I understand how and why they occur but if I get involved in any real technical discussion I'm lost fairly quickly. Luckily our office has a couple of guys who love this stuff so I just teleconference them in. This occurred again this morning and I had to sit back and listen to two PhD level EE's argue it out. They may as well have been speaking another language.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/20/15 6:12 p.m.

If my real life ever became like a movie and I had to rely on my athletic ability to escape some sort of monster like in Tremors, Im pretty sure I would be the guy that dies in the opening sequence.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/20/15 6:12 p.m.

Also, if I ever had to rescue somebody while hanging from one arm while holding on to them with the other, we would both die.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
10/20/15 6:16 p.m.

My grass needs mowed and I don't care because I don't have neighbors.

Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock
Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock UltimaDork
10/20/15 6:22 p.m.

I haven't mowed my grass since July.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/20/15 6:25 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: I don't understand ac systems. Look for an upcoming learn me thread.

A/C systems are simple. You know how it's easy to get water almost hot enough to boil, but then it takes forever to get it to actually boil? There's a lot of energy required to get to that phase change. A LOT of energy.

A/C systems take advantage of this. They have a working fluid that starts out as a gas, gets compressed until it is REALLY HOT, then gets cooled off until it condenses into a liquid, in the Condensor, which removes a lot of heat because of the phase change. Then it goes through an orifice or a valve or some other controlled restriction so the pressure drops, which also drops temperature (pressure IS temperature, for our purposes) and the liquid then gets hot air that you want cold passed over it, and that air gets made cold by losing energy to the liquid evaporating in the Evaporator. Which gains a lot of heat from the air due to the phase change.

Everything else - what pressures, what restrictions, etc - are down to what working fluid you're using.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
10/22/15 10:20 a.m.

Until watching the Back to the Future feature on Jimmy Kimmel this morning, I did not know that this:

Was Huey Lewis.

That makes things much more hilarious.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
10/22/15 11:34 a.m.

as with most movies y'all bring up .. BTTF is another I've never seen

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/22/15 11:38 a.m.
Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock wrote: I haven't mowed my grass since July.

Me to. LOL No rain = no grass growing. I used less than 3 gal of fuel in my riding mower this year (I usually use 20 or so. )

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
10/22/15 11:42 a.m.
wbjones wrote: as with most movies y'all bring up .. BTTF is another I've never seen

I will literally send you my box trilogy in the mail for you to borrow if you promise to watch them.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/22/15 11:43 a.m.
wbjones wrote: as with most movies y'all bring up .. BTTF is another I've never seen

Stop yelling at the kids on your lawn and rent a couple movies.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
10/22/15 11:45 a.m.

I've never had any of the movie channels, I've never rented or bought a movie, and the last time in a theater was 1981

it's more fun and a lot less expensive to just yell at the kids

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/22/15 11:58 a.m.

He's making fun of him self and the former president of Crysalis Lewis' label at the time. It works on so many levels.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
10/22/15 1:20 p.m.

I never knew until yesterday that Marty left the Twin Pines mall in 85, ran over a pine tree when he landed in 55, and came back to the Lone Pine mall.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
10/22/15 2:18 p.m.

I have a weakness and its name is Candy Corn.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/22/15 5:04 p.m.

You mean that stuff that's pressed out of bone meal and earwig honey?

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
10/22/15 5:25 p.m.

In reply to Duke:

Probably.

Brokeback
Brokeback Reader
10/22/15 5:44 p.m.
wbjones wrote: I've never had any of the movie channels, I've never rented or bought a movie, and the last time in a theater was 1981 it's more fun and a lot less expensive to just yell at the kids

In addition to Tuna's offer, PM me if you want a link to my Dropbox which may or may not contain all of the BTTF movies. You buy the popcorn though.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
10/22/15 6:51 p.m.

thanks .. but really not interested … that's kinda why I haven't seen an movies in the last 30+ yrs

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
10/22/15 9:06 p.m.
BlueInGreen44 wrote: I have a weakness and its name is Candy Corn.

Do you eat top and break off the colors?

1. Don't look at the calories on the back.

2. Don't argue that your eating was candles. You are but they are good.

3. Do you like the pumpkin versions too? Make you sick?

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
10/23/15 4:10 p.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote:
Do you eat top and break off the colors? 1. Don't look at the calories on the back. 2. Don't argue that your eating was candles. You are but they are good. 3. Do you like the pumpkin versions too? Make you sick?

I like the "chocolate" ones with the brown bottom section best.

Today's unrelated confession. I think (ok, I know) that the beater Saturn could use a new motor mount(s) but on short drives I kinda like how the noise and vibrations make me feel like I'm driving a race car. A small part of me will be sad when I fix it.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
10/23/15 8:47 p.m.

I'm never eating at Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Carabba's, Arby's, Taco Bell, or Burger King again. My gut can't handle that E36 M3 and I take probiotics too. Maybe too much candy corn.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
10/23/15 8:49 p.m.
tuna55 wrote: Until watching the Back to the Future feature on Jimmy Kimmel this morning, I did not know that this: Was Huey Lewis. That makes things much more hilarious.

Really?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/23/15 9:09 p.m.

Nope. Doesn't taste like candy, doesn't taste like corn.

Don't even get me started on "ice cream cake"...

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
10/24/15 12:31 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

CC takes like a wax candle. Not to be confused with this "candy" I never understood.

1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1sDGZWFLFdu9v2a3yWYCdAzwJZdgFUYg6tjhvRtcp0gsNKKni6dv2HSJLpGBPb3m