1 ... 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 ... 1925
JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
10/11/19 5:21 p.m.
Antihero said:

I'm going to see a very very cool band ,The Hu, but they are opening for a band im sure I wouldn't like.....their new album dropped and now I'm super sure I won't like them.

Who thought a Japenese Pop Metalish band , Baby Metal,would be a great mix with a Mongolian Metalish band?!?

I like both.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/11/19 7:02 p.m.

You don't talk bad about the Hu. 

Rodan
Rodan Dork
10/11/19 8:12 p.m.

Posted a GForce SFI jacket on CL... took 12 minutes to get the first phishing text...

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/11/19 10:44 p.m.
Appleseed said:

You don't talk bad about the Hu. 

I didn't, they are the band I'm going to see. 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
10/12/19 2:50 p.m.
Duke said:
Appleseed said:

8 hours in a car.

11 hours at Universal Studios. 

I go on:

2 roller coasters.

1 Simpsons ride.

2 haunted houses.

The berkeley?

This is why DW and I really hate theme parks.

We were there a few weeks ago and never go without getting the express pass.  I couldn't stand spending most of the day waiting in line,  so it's a must have for me.

We also did the RIP tour for Halloween horror nights and hit all 10 houses in one night with no waiting.  We're going back at the end of the month to do that again.  It was a blast.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
10/12/19 4:46 p.m.

ten thirty in the morning?  Who shoots up the block at ten thirty in the morning?  A Saturday morning!  E36 M3 when I was that age I was working on a hangover not a beef!  On top of the shooting/homicide two blocks away y'day evening.  Losers.  no

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
10/12/19 7:55 p.m.
Duke said:
Appleseed said:

8 hours in a car.

I go on:

2 roller coasters.

1 Simpsons ride.

2 haunted houses.

The berkeley?

Go when it's raining.  Calfornians are Bob Costas.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/12/19 9:32 p.m.

I really wish people would watch where they are going. On the way home today from taking a sail, I almost had a lady in an SUV take out my sailboat while I was stopping for a light. It was so close, I actually got out and checked. I run the trailer lights ontop of the transom, right at eye level when driving, so not like she couldn't see them

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/12/19 9:39 p.m.

When they ask you how your vacation was, just tell everyone it was great.

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
10/12/19 9:54 p.m.

To the guy trying to tow a roadrunner on a twin axle trailer with a berkeleying clapped out T100 and holding all of us up while your dumbass struggles to do 40, you're an shiny happy person and should have stayed on back roads.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/13/19 11:29 a.m.

Very minor rant: in spite of name, only acceptable. I'm not throwing out the box, but it's just meh, all the way down.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/13/19 11:32 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
Duke said:
Appleseed said:

8 hours in a car.

I go on:

2 roller coasters.

1 Simpsons ride.

2 haunted houses.

The berkeley?

Go when it's raining.  Calfornians are Bob Costas.

I think he's in Florida. Or was. Floridians give no berkeleys about rain. It has to be a cat3 before they're even concerned, and even THEN- I'll go to the parks for a shorter line. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/13/19 2:48 p.m.

Yup. Floriduh.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/19 3:40 p.m.

Dear Lowes, 

You are so close to home, but too many times I have wandered your store only to leave in disgust and go somewhere else. Your shelves are poorly stocked and frequently a mess. Parts hanging in the wrong places and in an order no one can discern. Case in point, I'm shopping for two 4' fiberglass step ladders rated at 250# or 300#. They are not to be found. You have 3, 4' aluminum step ladders which no commercial jobsite allow, and a pile of kitchen step stools. Your employee tells me you don't carry them and never have. That's a straight up lie. I have been buying at least one a year at your stores for 20 years. Worse, the problem seems to be company wide. All your stores are frequently disasters and poorly stocked. Well, no more. I'm done with you.  

Home Depot stores are beating you in every metric. Organized, clean, and fully stocked. I will save myself the 20 minutes wasted wandering through your disaster and spend that time driving down the road to shop with them. They had several of each ladder in stock in the 225#, 250# and 300# range. They got my money today and will from now on. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
10/13/19 5:19 p.m.

After nearly 3 years of on and off work, and 2 missed challenges, I'm finally giving up on my V8 S10 one and a half weeks before the next challenge.  It was never going to be a top tier car, but even if it made it (which based on the oil pressure numbers, is doubtful), there's a good chance I'd come in DFL.  That wouldn't be bad if it was something I bought last minute, or brought for E36 M3s and giggles, but I've spent way too much time and effort on this to be where it is. 

Thinking that right now I do not have the skill, time, space, motivation, and possibly aptitude, to put together an even mid-pack challenge car right now.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
10/13/19 6:03 p.m.

I'm 4 hours from home for a 2-day autocross. Car ran great both days. Go to get dinner tonight and the charging light is intermittently flickering. berkeleying terrific. Do I chance it and try to cannonball home tomorrow or try to hunt down an alternator and parking lot swap it and hope that's the issue?

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
10/13/19 8:03 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

My issues are the exact opposite. It's home depot that's garbage for me and lowes that's great, except all the lowes are usually well out of the way 

wae
wae SuperDork
10/13/19 9:28 p.m.

Engine is finally mounted, everything is hooked back up, and the core support is bolted back in.  Still need to tighten down the fenders and put some fluids in, but it won't start.  The fuse that is labeled ECM IGN blows as soon as I turn the key.  I suspect I might have damaged some wires somewhere but I know this is going to be one of those things that I have to chase for hours to apply a five second fix.

EDIT: actually it wasn't that bad.  Crank sensor wiring is grody and someone basically stripped all the insulation off the three wires and twisted them together...  For..  reasons?  Now it sorta wants to start but I think I may have it 180 out.  Distributors are stupid.

neverdone
neverdone New Reader
10/13/19 10:33 p.m.

“Dim” in your restaurant is great... “dark” so I need to use my phone to read the menu... not so great.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
10/14/19 7:07 a.m.

I'm off work today, SWMBO needs a driver for a minor procedure she's having this afternoon.

I thought I'd finally get tags on the new truck, two birds one stone... It's Columbus Day.

Apparently our local government gets today off.

Edit, also the bank is closed. sigh. frown

Why is this a holiday?

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
10/14/19 9:19 a.m.

In reply to bigdaddylee82 

Have you met a paid three day weekend our thrifty federales didn't like other than the name?

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/14/19 9:28 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Sorry to hear that the S-10 isn't going to make it. If things were further along with the cabin and we weren't likely to be trying to get the last few things knocked out the weekend of the Challenge to finally be able to rent the cabin the weekend of the Challenge I'd say we should grab that turbo Probe and bring it for S&Gs, but there just isn't any way I can get away to go down that weekend. 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/14/19 9:30 a.m.
Grizz said:

In reply to Toyman01 :

My issues are the exact opposite. It's home depot that's garbage for me and lowes that's great, except all the lowes are usually well out of the way 

Same for me, and Lowes is also 10-20% more expensive. I go to the local Menards however since I'm a glutton for punishment. (actually I think its better and cheaper than the local home depot, but the local home depot is a disaster). 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/14/19 9:38 a.m.
Grizz said:

In reply to Toyman01 :

I have two home depots and a lowes close to me. The Lowes is great, clean, well laid out, and people know the store. The Home Depots, while well stocked and staffed with good people, are set up totally different and if you talk to the employees.. the other store is set up wrong.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/14/19 9:53 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

Thinking that right now I do not have the skill, time, space, motivation, and possibly aptitude, to put together an even mid-pack challenge car right now.

Sometimes the challenge can be a weird beast. The first year I went is still my best placing car. It seems the harder I try the worse I do. Hope to change that this year of course! But remember this is NOT easy. Also, come to the challenge if you haven't been. It can be very helpful to see what the top ten are doing and then how the rest of the cars look. (One will show you how far you have to go and the other will show you how good you already are). 

1 ... 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 ... 1925

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pS8RBwWZgXplpSGwKKlAv5Sk8AsipEmj2sFu1NQvWtCBViZp0HxHSOmdA6yVuIyo