1 ... 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 ... 1926
TheGloriousW
TheGloriousW New Reader
11/9/19 9:26 a.m.

Wtf is it with calls about car warranties.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
11/9/19 12:12 p.m.

Please son for the love of God, take your damn ADHD medicine. I'm at my wit's end with you refusing to take it again. You are failing school (4th grade)  and you are talking back to your teacher for refusing to do homework/class work.  You are too smart and do not need to go to special ed per the current teacher's suggestion. I have already taken your laptop, tablet, removed TV time access and cleared out ALL the million Lego toys from your room as punishment. Still you won't take your once a day pill. We have already been to the Doctor 4x in 3 months trying to find something you will take without whining or complaining that it makes you feel weird. The medicine was doing it's job and your grades while on it proves it helps/work at the start of the school year.  Please take it or you are going to have a long and difficult road ahead of you in life. 

CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/9/19 12:31 p.m.

In reply to TheGloriousW :

If you look at almost any study, a child's success (at least so far as testing) is directly correlated to the income and the education level of their parents. 

Since neighborhoods (and so schools) are also correlated with income, you can fill in the rest...

I was the principal of a school with 98% free lunch.  Many children in that school showed up the first day of kindergarten having never owned a book and never having been read to - something you would never see in a well-to-do neighborhood.

Rodan
Rodan Dork
11/9/19 12:45 p.m.
CJ said:

I was the principal of a school with 98% free lunch.  Many children in that school showed up the first day of kindergarten having never owned a book and never having been read to - something you would never see in a well-to-do neighborhood.

I think there's a lot more to that than money...

Rodan
Rodan Dork
11/9/19 12:53 p.m.

Continuing my dealer saga with the ZL1 intercooler bleed, they never got the tool they confirmed they had but didn't.  They claim GM is out of stock, and none to be had.

Since we have a track event next week, I had to go in and collect the fitting they took off when they half-assed it.  And I ended up spending $300 on an aftermarket solution to the problem that should have been the factory design from the start.  So much for being under warranty.

Dealing with dealer service would be easier if you just walked in to the service department, and swiped your credit card at a kiosk.  Then you get to choose one of five or six preselected bullE36 M3 excuses.  At least it would be more convenient... and faster.

wae
wae UltraDork
11/9/19 1:28 p.m.

I hate hate hate transmission service.  Would it have killed then to put a freaking drain plug on the pan?  And maybe a little notch in the crossmember where it covers over of the pan bolts?

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
11/9/19 1:49 p.m.

In reply to Sine_Qua_Non :

Rodan
Rodan Dork
11/9/19 2:56 p.m.

In reply to wae :

Why would they bother?  The engineers don't usually have to work on them... wink

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/9/19 4:18 p.m.

I've been staring blankly out the car windshield for 15 minutes because I really don't want to go home.

daeman
daeman Dork
11/9/19 4:39 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

You alright mate?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/9/19 4:58 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Been there.  I once heard an internal click in my brain walking up.my front walk as I shifted from outside me to accepted me.  

If you want to save it, there has to be some very explicit, calm talk.  If not, find a lawyer.

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
11/9/19 5:33 p.m.

The season of spending the morning hacking up my lungs because I can't sleep without a fan blowing on me over night begins again.

In reply to Sine_Qua_Non :

As someone who got forced to take that trash I perfectly understand not wanting to feel like a berkeleying zombie all day.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/9/19 5:37 p.m.
daeman said:

In reply to Appleseed :

You alright mate?

His significant other sounds like they've been on a serious self-absorption kick lately, on top of everything else he usually deals with. 

@Appleseed - let us know if we can help, man, even if it is just listening to you get it out of your system. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/9/19 7:37 p.m.

One of the pistons on *each* of the front calipers is frozen on the Subaru. 

I've ordered some remans, and I think I may just eat the core charge on these. I'll media blast them, powder coat them and get a rebuild kit for them so the next time I have to do my brakes I'll have some minty fresh units waiting for me.

daeman
daeman Dork
11/9/19 8:01 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I know hes not actually alright, it was more a subtle invitation to talk and to make sure he's ok and just venting, not on the edge of doing something. 

@ Appleseed, you heard me out when I was struggling in the lead up to settlement on my house, you know what I'm about, if you want to talk, let me know my friend. If you don't want to talk and just needed to vent, I totally understand and respect that, but the invitation always remains.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/9/19 11:30 p.m.

Woah, fellas, didn't think of that aspect. No, no, no, defiantly not going to do something stupid. Was just worried that I'd have to deal with bullE36 M3 when I got home.

*There is a heavy duty WTF do I do? thread coming soon*

CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/10/19 6:09 a.m.

In reply to Rodan :

Yes, extreme poverty.  Some homes had no power and so no hot water.  Culture was berkeleyed up when all of the kids were taken off to boarding schools to learn how to be white. 

Unfortunately, you don't learn how to be a parent if you are raised in a boarding school.

Rodan
Rodan Dork
11/10/19 6:56 a.m.
CJ said:

In reply to Rodan :

Yes, extreme poverty.  Some homes had no power and so no hot water.  Culture was berkeleyed up when all of the kids were taken off to boarding schools to learn how to be white. 

Unfortunately, you don't learn how to be a parent if you are raised in a boarding school.

Where, exactly, are you speaking of?

Without a poster's location shown, it's easy to forget this is an international forum, and I assumed you were speaking of the U.S.  If not, then I retract my comment.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/10/19 8:17 a.m.

I'm guessing Canada, and if ever there was a patio worthy topic, this would be the one.

Let's just say I don't agree with some of the sentiment, and I will say no more.

TheGloriousW
TheGloriousW New Reader
11/10/19 9:00 a.m.
CJ said:

In reply to TheGloriousW :

If you look at almost any study, a child's success (at least so far as testing) is directly correlated to the income and the education level of their parents. 

Since neighborhoods (and so schools) are also correlated with income, you can fill in the rest...

Sadly, I know. It is often a topic of discussion at home.

TheGloriousW
TheGloriousW New Reader
11/10/19 9:06 a.m.
Rodan said:
CJ said:

In reply to Rodan :

Without a poster's location shown, it's easy to forget this is an international forum, and I assumed you were speaking of the U.S.  If not, then I retract my comment.

Native American boarding schools happened in the US.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/10/19 1:48 p.m.

I couldn't figure out why traffic was so slow today, it was warm and sunny, the Steelers don't play for a while,  but we're doing 25 under? Then it was my turn to get behind her. Expecting an old bluehair who couldn't see over the steering wheel, imagine my surprise when I saw a 20 something woman driving the pooooorly painted malibu. Not only was she on her phone, she had A berkeleyING PUPPY ON HER DASHBOARD. A real life yellow lab pup, laying and rolling around on the dashboard while driving down the highway. 

And of course, in the ranger, nobody could see her until they passed me, so I got to listen to horns and get the finger from a rather long line of vehicles that prevented me from passing her. 

I should just never leave the house, find an online lumberyard, pay the premium just like i would from the online metal shop, and never leave the house. 

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
11/10/19 1:53 p.m.

I got the gas lines working on the stove. It is now leaking at the regulator.

I just want to cook a goddamn hamburger.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/10/19 8:04 p.m.
TheGloriousW said:
Rodan said:
CJ said:

In reply to Rodan :

Native American boarding schools happened in the US.

My great Grandparents were alumini of the Carlisle Indian Industrial School. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/10/19 9:06 p.m.
Grizz said:

I just want to cook a goddamn hamburger.

Ok, the cause of an automotive rant can be aggravating- nay, infuriating at times, but having cause to rant about something that is keeping your belly empty is serious.

1 ... 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XaMKHMfWWfBmVxbgZZYiUuMgOosPAjo3IaJ3d5J089EwtVUqoMMJBOW64M84f4SX