1 ... 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 ... 1927
Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/12/19 4:58 p.m.
Duke said:
Appleseed said:

Came home after work...and didn't do E36 M3. I feel like a failure if I don't smash out 2-3 little projects around the house. I need to remind myself that you need to chill the berk out once in a while.

I'll help:  Appleseed, down time is critically important for intellectual, emotional, and physical wellbeing.

Or look at it this way depending on your personality:

Not allowing any downtime at all for yourself makes you less effective. Less effective means you can't accomplish the tasks required of you. Ergo: not taking time off to chill means you are acting selfishly instead of for the greater good

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/12/19 5:19 p.m.

In reply to Tactical Penguin :

Agreed

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve HalfDork
11/12/19 7:00 p.m.

The meaning of "last notice" is lost on Rachael of cards services. Seriously blowing my phone up today.

Berk telemarketing jerks.

Rodan
Rodan Dork
11/12/19 7:06 p.m.

berkeley youtube.

3-4 minutes of ads to watch a 5 minute video?  Nope.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
11/12/19 7:21 p.m.
Rodan said:

berkeley youtube.

3-4 minutes of ads to watch a 5 minute video?  Nope.

Ad blocker FTW

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/12/19 7:27 p.m.

Casually live in a small town in southern Kentucky so I join a group for people in this town looking to buy and sell things. If you other backwards idiots could stop sharing the "share this in 5 minutes and a miracle will happen" posts to this group it'd be nice.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/12/19 10:29 p.m.

I'll turn up the heat when you get a goddam job. Until then it stays at 68 to save a few bucks. Put on a berkeleying sweater.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
11/13/19 8:56 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

All of my local groups have been getting spammed with those and the dipE36 M3s that repost the obvious fake celebrity/company accounts, trying to get the gibs.

Reminding me why I hate FB more and more.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/13/19 9:12 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

She should be thankful she doesn't live with me. The thermostat is on 66 in the evening when we get home and drops to 62 overnight through the day.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/13/19 9:21 a.m.

In reply to FuzzWuzzy :

There are apparently 2 kinds of people in this world...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/13/19 10:00 a.m.
Wally said:

In reply to Appleseed :

She should be thankful she doesn't live with me. The thermostat is on 66 in the evening when we get home and drops to 62 overnight through the day.

If I feel salty enough today,  I'll show it to her.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/13/19 3:57 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

That, in a nutshell, is why I'm not active in FB. I can't handle the rampant ignorance and hordes of self-absorbed idiots.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
11/13/19 5:08 p.m.

Have wheels and tires in the suburban today to use the tire machine in the garage after work to mount the new tires. Get the first tire dismounted, grab the first Tiger Paw.........and it goes on WAY too easy.   Look at the sidewall to find that fleabay has sent 16" tires.   NOT the 15" ones we ordered.

Guess I won't be finishing this job today.  Or this week.

Grumble.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/13/19 8:29 p.m.

Well ortho doctor visit was inconclusive so I will do 6 weeks of PT then an MRI if it hasn't improved.

I am going to drive the ND RF to work tomorrow to see how bad the pain is.

If it is as bad as it was on Sunday then the ND RF will have to be gone this weekend as I cant afford to daily the 13 mpg land cruiser 400 miles a week and keep the miata.

Saying that, going to the V6 Camry or Avalon's I have been looking at would be better financially as it would half my debt. Thus being debt free by March? I think. I also wouldn't be losing much in the way of highway performance. 

I like the ND RF and just bought it in February and do enjoy driving it but if it hurts to drive, it hurts to drive.

Rodan
Rodan Dork
11/13/19 9:01 p.m.
MrChaos said:

Well ortho doctor visit was inconclusive so I will do 6 weeks of PT then an MRI if it hasn't improved.

Having recently wasted 8 weeks doing PT for the wrong thing before finally getting the MRI I had been asking for all along, I'd recommend getting the MRI as soon as you can.  

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/14/19 5:02 a.m.

In reply to Rodan :

insurance requires 6 weeks pt before an mri

wae
wae UltraDork
11/14/19 5:15 a.m.

I was awakened at about 0330 today because dogtard #2 was kicking me in the face and pushing me off the bed.  And, of course, I couldn't get back to sleep.  Naturally I am tired and ready to go back to sleep now that it's time to shower and get kids to school.  That's the final straw:  No more dogs on the second floor of the house overnight.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/14/19 5:33 a.m.

This morning someone shared that he's gotten a new tattoo around his shiny happy person, and that it make his morning E36 M3s uncomfortable. Sharing this at 6am should be grounds for firing. 

Rodan
Rodan Dork
11/14/19 6:39 a.m.

In reply to MrChaos :

Funny, that's the same reason I ended up wasting 8 weeks....

Hang in there.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/14/19 10:45 a.m.

Is anyone surprised that Liberty Mutual's "Only pay for what you need" claim is just advertising puffery?

The i8 is off the road for the winter and I'd like to cut the insurance coverage back to comprehensive only, and have filed the requested paperwork with the lien holder (BMW Financial) to do so and have their permission to do so.

Liberty Mutual's response is "We don't do that when there's a current lien holder"

I'll take recommendations for another insurance underwriter that might be able to deal with this kind of situation.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/14/19 12:04 p.m.
Karacticus said:

Is anyone surprised that Liberty Mutual's "Only pay for what you need" claim is just advertising puffery?

I find everything about Liberty Mutual to be just advertising puffery.  Absolutely everything they crow about is absolutely identical to every other auto insurer, yet they act like they invented it.

Remember the years of incredibly annoying ads with incredibly stupid people that bitched and moaned about how evil other insurance companies were for raising your rates after one teeny weeny little complete write-off?  How smug they were about how good LM was for not doing that?  And a similar line of LM ads featuring morons who don't understand depreciation?

Yeah, read the fine print:  accident forgiveness and the reduced-depreciation programs are both extra cost options... and both are available from most major insurers in some form or another.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/14/19 1:30 p.m.
Antihero said:

Not allowing any downtime at all for yourself makes you less effective. Less effective means you can't accomplish the tasks required of you. Ergo: not taking time off to chill means you are acting selfishly instead of for the greater good

The greater good has nothing to do with my leisure time!

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
11/14/19 1:34 p.m.

My favorite restaurant in my college town just closed.  Had I known about it ahead of time, I’d have actually blown off work, and driven several hours just to get to eat there one last time.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/14/19 2:15 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

My favorite restaurant in my college town just closed.  Had I known about it ahead of time, I’d have actually blown off work, and driven several hours just to get to eat there one last time.

Often times they don't tell anyone until they show up to a door with a sign on it and a fresh chain lock.

It really berkeleys with the people that worked there, but the owners generally don't care at that point and are knee deep in bankruptcy, etc.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
11/14/19 2:29 p.m.
Stefan said:
eastsideTim said:

Often times they don't tell anyone until they show up to a door with a sign on it and a fresh chain lock.

It really berkeleys with the people that worked there, but the owners generally don't care at that point and are knee deep in bankruptcy, etc.

Hopefully this wasn’t the way this went down.  Looks like the owners are retiring.  They’re selling fixtures and decorations tomorrow.  It was a Japanese restaurant opened by the parents of a student at the university I went to 24 years ago.  Knowing the current location of the building, I bet the university is probably buying up the property.

1 ... 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wuSvLNshqVBVVLGYbw4FD6eJcdR4QQIkGeuL2tmrz03vehK5hVp0mN7dBPMAFxad