1 ... 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 ... 1927
NickD
NickD UltimaDork
3/27/20 8:59 a.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

E36 M3, man, that sucks. I don't know what the answer is or how to help, but, damn.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/27/20 9:12 a.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

If I give you a thumbs up, it might seem I'm approving of your situation...And I'm not.  I'm sitting at the shop, all employees gone home, either applying for unemployment or waiting it out.  I have enough money in the shop account to make April rent and finish up wages, and pay my home bills, and then it's into the line of credit.  How many months do I keep stuff going? I presume stuff is going to start coming back in May, but it's going to be a long, hard slog, because most everyone is in a similar boat.

On the up side, I've had four cars through the shop this week.  Two booked for today.  

We shall see.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/27/20 10:42 a.m.

My work is classified as an essential business, but it is split where some people can only do their job onsite, and some like me can work from home. I'm very thankful for this flexibility and that I still have a job. (Especially since my wife is classified as high risk.) I'm annoyed at one co-worker who could easily be working from home, but refuses to because it's not fair that those under them have to work onsite. This person doesn't seem to get the fact that if they stay home, it gives their employees a lower chance of exposure. This is even after this person's boss, and boss's boss have said, if you CAN work from home, you shouldn't be here. On top of that, any time this person talks to me they infer that if you're not onsite, you're not working. It gets old quick. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/27/20 12:55 p.m.

At the butcher shop, we have whole chickens, that we call "Whole Fryers." We also do them with seasoning,  that we call "seasoned whole." 

This morning I did both.  16 fryers and 2 seasoned. Coworker is annoyed that he had to repeat himself. Because my deaf ears heard, "We're out of hmrmfhmr...frnnmmhh...whole fryers. Jerry (another coworker) said he saw a guy grab 3 of them."

So I take hmmrmmmhm whole fryers as the whole chickens. I replied with, "Hell, I  did 16 this morning!" 

"NO. I SAID SEASONED WHOLE FRYERS. S-E-A-S-O-N-E-D! " *edit* If I only did 2, and Jerry saw someone grab 3, why the berkeley would I think you are talking about the seasoned birds?

We never refer to the seasoned whole fryers as anything but seasoned wholes. I hear whole fryer I'm going to think you're talking about whole fryers. My head is 3 feet under a fan. I've explained how my hearing loss works. Significant background noise and I might as well be stone deaf. You don't seem to care. Talking down to me because you had to repeat yourself is starting to piss me off. Big berkeleying deal. Get used to it when your kid reaches 4. Your claims of being hard of hearing and having tinnitus are no longer holding water. I'm beginning to think you are full of E36 M3.  Get off my ass. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/27/20 1:11 p.m.
AWSX1686 said:

My work is classified as an essential business, but it is split where some people can only do their job onsite, and some like me can work from home. I'm very thankful for this flexibility and that I still have a job. (Especially since my wife is classified as high risk.) I'm annoyed at one co-worker who could easily be working from home, but refuses to because it's not fair that those under them have to work onsite. This person doesn't seem to get the fact that if they stay home, it gives their employees a lower chance of exposure. This is even after this person's boss, and boss's boss have said, if you CAN work from home, you shouldn't be here. On top of that, any time this person talks to me they infer that if you're not onsite, you're not working. It gets old quick. 

Schedule an email to send to him at 11:34PM, urgent for something stupid, and another to send at 4:27AM asking for the update. Then first thing in the morning when he's actually available, ask if he's not taking work seriously during the pandemic, becuase you've been busting tail 24/7 at home to make sure that productivity doesn't fall off and he's slacking because no one is in the office to see him with his feet up.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
3/27/20 2:14 p.m.

Insurance weasel sent me their initial insult for diminished value. Meanwhile I looked up KBB, NADA, and Manheim retail values for my van, plus found a local van for sale with similar mileage/damage repairs. Looks like a solid $3k loss for having front/rear wreck damage on my van. Now to beat the insurance weasel into submission with supporting evidence.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
3/27/20 2:33 p.m.

Dang it, I broke a small solar panel I was going to use to run my hydroponics system in my greenhouse.  

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso Dork
3/27/20 3:27 p.m.

Why are the people at work I need approval from always. And I mean always unreachable? 

slefain
slefain PowerDork
3/27/20 4:05 p.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

Why are the people at work I need approval from always. And I mean always unreachable? 

Greg Smith
Greg Smith Dork
3/27/20 4:09 p.m.
mtn said:
AWSX1686 said:

Schedule an email to send to him at 11:34PM, urgent for something stupid, and another to send at 4:27AM asking for the update. Then first thing in the morning when he's actually available, ask if he's not taking work seriously during the pandemic, becuase you've been busting tail 24/7 at home to make sure that productivity doesn't fall off and he's slacking because no one is in the office to see him with his feet up.

Scheduled emails are an AMAZING tool :)

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/20 4:17 p.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

For some dumb reason I have been watching those stupid-ass YouTube videos where they slowly scroll Reddit threads across the screen.  (I watch them with the sound off)  You would get severe joy from the Malicious Compliance ones.  "I need your approval?  Fine.  I will log all of my ultimately futile attempts to reach you to get approval while everything burns because you refuse to give me the authority I need to keep everything running smoothly.  Then I will e-mail it to your superiors."

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso Dork
3/27/20 4:19 p.m.

In reply to slefain :

This is more than relevant to my current situation. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/20 4:51 p.m.
Knurled. said:
Scotty Con Queso said:

For some dumb reason I have been watching those stupid-ass YouTube videos where they slowly scroll Reddit threads across the screen.  (I watch them with the sound off)  You would get severe joy from the Malicious Compliance ones.  "I need your approval?  Fine.  I will log all of my ultimately futile attempts to reach you to get approval while everything burns because you refuse to give me the authority I need to keep everything running smoothly.  Then I will e-mail it to your superiors."

Those are addicting, aren't they?

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/20 5:06 p.m.

The roads should be empty around here, traffic isn't much lighter than normal. 

Rodan
Rodan Dork
3/27/20 5:06 p.m.
slefain said:

Insurance weasel sent me their initial insult for diminished value. Meanwhile I looked up KBB, NADA, and Manheim retail values for my van, plus found a local van for sale with similar mileage/damage repairs. Looks like a solid $3k loss for having front/rear wreck damage on my van. Now to beat the insurance weasel into submission with supporting evidence.

Best of luck.

I have two diminished value cases right now, one of which has been over a year.  I've provided plenty of documentation showing $3500-6000 loss, and they just refuse to acknowledge it.  Apparently every normal pathway for vehicle valuation is irrelevant for diminished value, in their opinion.  Only their arcane, unexplainable system that consistently comes out at under $1k on $50-60k vehicles is accurate...

I'm coming to the realization that I'm going to have to hire an attorney.  Hopefully, I can get a better rate with cases on two vehicles.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/27/20 6:34 p.m.

Guess who left work with a massive sinus headache? (Not me)  devil

slefain
slefain PowerDork
3/27/20 7:11 p.m.
Rodan said:
slefain said:

Best of luck.

I have two diminished value cases right now, one of which has been over a year.  I've provided plenty of documentation showing $3500-6000 loss, and they just refuse to acknowledge it.  Apparently every normal pathway for vehicle valuation is irrelevant for diminished value, in their opinion.  Only their arcane, unexplainable system that consistently comes out at under $1k on $50-60k vehicles is accurate...

I'm coming to the realization that I'm going to have to hire an attorney.  Hopefully, I can get a better rate with cases on two vehicles.

In Georgia the Insurance Commissioner declared years ago that the 17c formula is bullE36 M3. He even made a public statement:

https://www.oci.ga.gov/ExternalResources/Announcements/Directive-1222008-1058.pdf

I'm in it for the long haul, hopefully not enough to get an attorney though.

Rodan
Rodan Dork
3/27/20 8:43 p.m.

In reply to slefain :

I could tell by the numbers the ins. co. I've been dealing with (Farmers) used 17c to come up with their initial offer.  When I called them on it, they denied it...

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
3/27/20 8:49 p.m.

Teenager.  

I get that you're frustrated at life right now, but I'm not your enemy.  Stop acting like I am, it's getting old.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/28/20 1:27 a.m.

I miss having close friends that I can hang with.  This social distancing thing has made that abundantly clear and quite painfully so.

I'm berkeleying lonely and quite depressed.

Those of you who have close friends to hang with, enjoy it.  It may not last forever.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
3/28/20 2:14 a.m.

Started a steroid dose to get me through until back surgery is allowed again. Can't sleep and want to eat everything in the house. 

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
3/28/20 2:26 a.m.

Self isolation is taking a toll on the population as a whole....

I have heard a life story of every pt tonight that I don't give a rats ass about... "wtf are you here?"

wae
wae UltraDork
3/28/20 9:23 a.m.

It only took me about 5 minutes to diagnose the "terrible noise on startup that I can't even describe to you" as bad bearings in the A/C compressor clutch.  And then, once I had the new parts (which, for some reason, I couldn't find as an aftermarket and had to go to new Honda for), I was able to get the old clutch and coil off in about three hours.  I was doing my day job during that time as well, though, so it was really only about an hour of working on that.

Getting the new c-clip installed for the clutch coil however is absolutely kicking my butt.  They put the compressor forward enough on the engine that the pulley is partially blocked by the unibody so I have to go in at an angle.  I'm wondering if there's enough play in the lines to be able to unbolt the compressor from the bracket and turn it one way or another to be able to get a more direct route.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
3/28/20 9:42 a.m.

I've spent a total of a few hours trying to remove the wiring loom clips from the valve cover on the Mazda5.  So far, I've only broken one, and still have one to go, but it alone has probably taken 30 minutes of my time so far.  Why the berkeley did Mazda use this non-removable design on something that would need to be removed for service?!

Between this, the stuck rear shock bolt, and the fiasco that was the winter service on my Miata, I am thinking that my mechanical abilities are disappearing, because none of this should be this difficult.

wae
wae UltraDork
3/28/20 10:17 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I think everybody goes through phases like that.  This probably comes from a TV show, but when I'm having a time like that, a friend of mine always says "you can't be Superman every day!"

1 ... 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AY8JZnNNBDJOhBp5cCheQUdsHiT5vNPsDXhg8xWqZrh3t5GE4PxaQhNC5rbtHvc2