1 ... 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 ... 1925
fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
5/24/20 1:54 p.m.

As if the 'Rona slowdown didn't hamper productivity at home, I got bumped to afternoon shift for the summer. Never did home projects on afternoons well, productivity is maybe 25% of working other shifts. There goes the summer. I should just berkeleying retire.

Don49 (Forum Supporter)
Don49 (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/24/20 1:56 p.m.

I stopped to get gas at my local Rutters  today and there was a large group of bikers hanging out in the parking lot, not wearing masks and definitely not social distancing. As I filled my car, I saw several of the women, sans mask, go into the store. Why aren't people taking this seriously?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/24/20 2:51 p.m.

Ugh.

I wa eating these awesome potato and onion not quite pierogi things at were more like fritters, or maybe empenadas, and then I woke up.

Dammit those were GOOD, let me back to sleep!

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
5/24/20 3:00 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I want whatever those are now.

Pete. (l33t FS)
5/24/20 3:23 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C (Forum Supporter) :

The full story was I was on a road trip to find the closest restaurant chain that featured them, and I had to eat at another place to clear that chain out of my search terms, and the nearest place that sold them was 25mi away, so I went there.  It was a side operation at a gas station, and it was a do it yourself kind of food bar.  What is weird is I had to assemble the food like it was a burrito but when I was done it was more like a dumpling.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/24/20 10:22 p.m.

Woke up this evening (nightshift) with a white wine level hangover headache. So much for being productive on my last of 3 nights off sad

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/25/20 12:26 a.m.
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) said:

Woke up this evening (nightshift) with a white wine level hangover headache. So much for being productive on my last of 3 nights off sad

Terrible news on the headache, but the avatar is cool as hell

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/25/20 12:27 a.m.

I'm having one of those weight-of-the-world-on-my-shoulders day. None of it fun, no sleep to be had and car problems as the cherry on top

5/25/20 2:58 a.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) said:

Terrible news on the headache, but the avatar is cool as hell

Thanks! I got the idea from page 225 of the meme thread. 

If you can laugh at yourself, you will never cease to be amused laugh.

I'm not cool enough to take myself seriously.

Pete. (l33t FS)
5/25/20 11:49 a.m.

When I disassembled the engine, I checked four of the old head bolts against each other and found them to be fine.

So today I decided to check all twelve, since I have not recieved my rod bolts yet.  

Turns out I happened to grab the four that were NOT stretched, because the other eight were.

I bet the people at FCP Euro are wondering WTF is going on with all of my orders.

5/26/20 7:54 a.m.

How berkeleying hard is it to update your hours of operation on your website?

I got burned twice today with that.

First, I thought I'd stop by the barber shop in the BX to get a cheap haircut after work this morning. I checked the AAFES website but it still has the old hours of operation. I checked the base's website and found a memo, dated 13 May, that had the current coronavirus hours of operation. The memo stated that the barber shop was open 0730-1500. Cool. I got there at 0722. I walked inside and the whole mini-mall section in the front where the barbershop is at was under construction. Like completely gutted. WTF AAFES?

Next, I was going to get some crappy Taco Bell breakfast because I was starving. I checked their website and saw the nearest location by my house opened at 10. I knew that was correct because I drove by a couple weeks ago and they had the hours posted, in large letters, on the front of the building and in the drive thru. There is another location just a couple of miles past my house. The hours posted on their website said 0630-0100. Cool. I get there around 0810. The dining room lights are on. I pull into the drive thru and notice the menus have not been changed to the breakfast menu. Hmmm. There are no signs anywhere in the drive through so I pull around to the front. Posted on the front door, on an 8x11 sheet of paper, in 24pt font states: "Drive thru opens at 10AM".

I went home and went to bed. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/26/20 8:12 a.m.

Tomorrow morning (in 22 hours) I have to go in for a colonoscopy- which means I get to spend today consuming nothing but 'clear liquids', which include- let's see- essentially nothing of remotely any nutritional value. And I already started off far from ideally with my stomach not thrilled from the last two days that I was told to not eat anything remotely high in fiber. The Dancer has asked me several times whether I'm worried about the procedure, and both times I've said, "No- but the lead up to it is going to really suck..."

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/26/20 8:13 a.m.

My shoulder hurts, and three day weekend means work is especially nuts. Cant seem to get my head in it.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
5/26/20 8:20 a.m.

Three weeks ago there was 2 inches of snow on the ground. Today it is 90 degrees. Make up your damn mind, NY.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/26/20 8:24 a.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

Worrying about it - either the prep or the procedure - is unnecessary. It's just a non-event. Agreed, you're not going to get much done today. But it's not like being sick. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/26/20 8:55 a.m.

Just make sure they have the direction of flow switch in the correct position. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
5/26/20 9:09 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Sadly, I need to get a good bit done today since yesterday was a holiday, I'll be out at least a half-day tomorrow, and Friday is our 'off' Friday- so I have at best 2 1/2 workdays this week and really need to wrap up a report I'm working on. Thankfully the 'real' prep (4 dulcolax, 64oz of gatorade, and a full bottle of Miralax...) doesn't start until about when I should finish with work. This evening I'm definitely not getting anything useful done though...

Ashyukun (Robert)
5/26/20 9:11 a.m.
Appleseed said:

I should (had better be- one of our friends had the anesthetic not work right and was half-awake through it the first time *shudder*) be completely out through it, so I doubt I'll be able to worry about it...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/26/20 9:25 a.m.

I always had this irrational fear that the spit sucker at the dentist has a flow direction switch. ​​​​​​shudder 

slantvaliant (Forum Supporter)
slantvaliant (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/26/20 9:28 a.m.

Just had my second 'scope last week.  It really isn't that bad. 

Read and follow the instructions.  The diet helps them get a good read AND makes the prep easier on you. 

The procedure is much worse in your imagination than it is in real life.   

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/26/20 9:42 a.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:
Appleseed said:

I should (had better be- one of our friends had the anesthetic not work right and was half-awake through it the first time *shudder*) be completely out through it, so I doubt I'll be able to worry about it...

I was in "twilight" anesthesia the whole time.  It's really not that big a deal.  No need to overthink it.  Sounds like you're getting it done early in the morning, which is great - just think about the big breakfast you can have once it's over.

Seriously, for what a trope it is, my first colonoscopy was a total non-event.

Pete. (l33t FS)
5/26/20 9:50 a.m.
NickD said:

Three weeks ago there was 2 inches of snow on the ground. Today it is 90 degrees. Make up your damn mind, NY.

Guess whose brand new A/C condensor decided to blow out in grand fashion now that air conditioning is a requirement.

Go on, guess... indecision

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/26/20 10:04 a.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:
Appleseed said:

I keep hearing about people being put under for a colonoscopy.  They didn't even give me a beer.

It's really not that big a deal.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
5/26/20 10:34 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
NickD said:

Guess whose brand new A/C condensor decided to blow out in grand fashion now that air conditioning is a requirement.

Go on, guess... indecision

Is it you? Do I get a prize?

Ironically, yesterday afternoon I pulled the evaporator core out of the Miata. Granted, it hadn't had a compressor or condenser or lines hooked to it in, oh, 2 years or so. It was a working R12 system too at the time. But I was worried about stacking a condenser, intercooler and radiator in the front of the car so I removed it.

Pete. (l33t FS)
5/26/20 3:40 p.m.

When people complain about Northstar starters requiring you lift the intake manifold out of the way, I have a laugh.  At least you can GET it out of the way, instead of just shoving it one way or the other.

Not the rant.  The rant is, I found out at 4:25 that the starter that they sent (that I am already replacing under warranry) was a used new one in a box.  It had no packaging and fingerprints all over it, so it was installed and removed.   I do not trust that at all.  Won't see a replacement until tomorrow.

1 ... 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 ... 1925

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LQb7msjmqMpTCETIQJTNeazXh2CL2dPS9u669KozWO0WAMjVw8fa4IpsKYqD6X1d