1 ... 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 ... 1927
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/1/20 9:37 p.m.
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/1/20 10:05 p.m.

There's one particular "member" here that rubbing me the wrong way. Not a new member, but not exactly established,  either.  Like chafing till I bleed wrong way.  I backed off this post,  thinking I'm reading onto it too much and that I'm agitated from other things.

Nope, same motherberkeleyer doing his best to sour every thread he posts in. I suspect it's internet tuff guy posturing, but, I dunno, maybe he a tool in real life, too. I've been here the better part of 11+ years, and I've never wanted to tell someone to shut the berkeley up and eat a big bag of dicks. 

Congratulations, dude, you're the first.

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/1/20 10:19 p.m.
Appleseed said:

There's one particular "member" here that rubbing me the wrong way.

Hmm.  What to choose.  Image 1.

Image 2.

True story:  I rallycrossed for like four or five years without SCCA membership, I always just paid the $15 extra fee.  I got a membership as payment for fixing a club car. Next event, I paid $40 instead of $55, and I punctuated this with "Heh... I'm a 'member'!  Heh heh heh"

but regardless, shiny happy people gonna ass (that will SO not make sense unless you know the filters, and even if you do know them), no sense letting it wreck your day

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/1/20 10:57 p.m.

I'm still ambiguous about that dude because I'm not going to call someone out behind their back. If I'm using names, I'm doing it directly.  I left it ambiguous so you can insert your #1 asshat in there and immediately agree with me. wink

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
6/1/20 11:38 p.m.

Why oh why is every single Goodyear welted boot with a safety toe also waterproofed and insulated? I work in a hot ass manufacturing plant,  I do not need or want waterproofing or insulation. I need safety toe and I despise modern molded/cemented sole boots. Seriously,  give me an Iron Ranger with a safety toe,  that's all I want. 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/2/20 12:02 a.m.
Nick Comstock said:

Why oh why is every single Goodyear welted boot with a safety toe also waterproofed and insulated? I work in a hot ass manufacturing plant,  I do not need or want waterproofing or insulation. I need safety toe and I despise modern molded/cemented sole boots. Seriously,  give me an Iron Ranger with a safety toe,  that's all I want. 

https://www.redwingshoes.com/work/mens/safety-toe/dynaforce-02203.html?cgid=mens-work-safety-toe

https://www.redwingshoes.com/work/mens/safety-toe/supersole-02233.html?cgid=mens-work-safety-toe

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
6/2/20 12:09 a.m.

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

I've tried both of those in store and they are both lined.  Nether one fit correctly. 

I think I might go made to measure with a high end work boot company.  With the hours I work it'll be worth it. 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
6/2/20 12:19 a.m.
Nick Comstock said:

I've tried both of those in store and they are both lined.  Nether one fit correctly. 

I think I might go made to measure with a high end work boot company.  With the hours I work it'll be worth it. 

I’d try on Danners before you drop serious coin, but customs may be your best bet. Seems you can pick 2: not waterproof, Goodyear welt, safety toe.  

https://www.danner.com/men/all-footwear/bull-run-moc-toe-6-brown-st.html

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/2/20 7:06 a.m.

So much anger in the world nowdays.

Anger is supposed to be something that warms you with it's fire and drives you to succeed.....not consume you

11GTCS
11GTCS Reader
6/2/20 7:23 a.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

How's your bass player feeling?

This place has been pretty disappointing for the last couple of weeks. 

If the best you can do is a snide remark or childish response, maybe you should just keep your fingers away from the keyboard. 

Unfortunately this needs to be stated not only for the membership, but the management.

If we could all just step back and consider whether you are adding to the discussion or just E36 M3ting in the middle of the floor that would be great. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/2/20 7:37 a.m.
11GTCS said:

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

How's your bass player feeling?

From what his nurse said we are entering into the rehab section of his recovery rather than the scariness we've had recently

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
6/2/20 7:40 a.m.
Toyman01 (Generally Supportive Dude) said:

This place has been pretty disappointing for the last couple of weeks. 

If the best you can do is a snide remark or childish response, maybe you should just keep your fingers away from the keyboard. 

Unfortunately this needs to be stated not only for the membership, but the management.

If we could all just step back and consider whether you are adding to the discussion or just E36 M3ting in the middle of the floor that would be great. 

Just so it's there twice

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
6/3/20 1:38 a.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:
Nick Comstock said:

I’d try on Danners before you drop serious coin, but customs may be your best bet. Seems you can pick 2: not waterproof, Goodyear welt, safety toe.  

Personal taste and all but im not a fan of moc toe or wedge sole.  

Based on my average hours clocked in,  and if I'm clocked in I'm on my feet, a top of the range custom made set of Nick's Boots will run cost about $4.94 per week over the course of a year.  

The $250 boots I have had for only 6 months and I've been miserable in the last couple weeks have cost me $5.93 per week. So if I bought then again that would be $11.86 per week over the course of the same year. 

Not to mention the longevity of high quality boots ... ah maybe im just trying to justify it.

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/3/20 7:39 a.m.
Nick Comstock said:
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:
Nick Comstock said:

Personal taste and all but im not a fan of moc toe or wedge sole.  

Based on my average hours clocked in,  and if I'm clocked in I'm on my feet, a top of the range custom made set of Nick's Boots will run cost about $4.94 per week over the course of a year.  

The $250 boots I have had for only 6 months and I've been miserable in the last couple weeks have cost me $5.93 per week. So if I bought then again that would be $11.86 per week over the course of the same year. 

Not to mention the longevity of high quality boots ... ah maybe im just trying to justify it.

I think you're right on track. It's like Future Hammer Store tools compared to high end stuff. If you're using it every day for your livelihood, you almost certainly want the high end stuff fot better fit and durability. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
6/3/20 8:58 a.m.
Nick Comstock said:

Thorogood makes a pair like that. I love me, not as pricy as full custom put not cheap. I get more then a year out of them easy and they can be resoled.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/3/20 9:06 a.m.
Toyman01 (Generally Supportive Dude) said:

This place has been pretty disappointing for the last couple of weeks

Chalk it up to cabin fever and the staff scrambling to talk about motorsports when the is no sport?  Wait a few weeks and reassess, bite your lip and hope for the best.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/3/20 9:49 a.m.

Wi-Fi crapped out on the Arris cable modem router E36 M3 thing. Login to the modem and it says everything is good, but it's not. Damn thing isn't even a month old, just reminding me why I hate Arris. ABB customer service is proving useless. 

But no Wi-Fi means no calls, extremely limited texts, and even more limited mobile internet.

At least the hardline internet still works, just a shame I haven't built the networking cabinet yet because I'm to broke to drop $300 on networking gear. 

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
6/3/20 9:51 a.m.

My wife is struggling with rverything going on right now and I was planning on going to the bwca soon.  Being out of cell range for even a few days gives her lots of anxiety.  So. I'm going to have to cancel the trip and look to rebook later in the year.   

stinks but family first.  So we rented a small lake house in Wisconsin for next week. Maybe I'll get some fish. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/3/20 10:07 a.m.

I have a client who has given us some decent work over the years.  They're not my favorites but I don't mind working with them.

Their upper management, though, is sometimes off the charts on the "penny wise, pound foolish" scale.  I thought the main driver of that had retired (several years overdue) but they don't seem to be going away, despite allegedly having retired at the beginning of this year.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
6/3/20 10:58 a.m.

There is a guy in the area, in a little town called Sullivan, that opened a terrific animal park a few years back. Great exhibits, very clean and well-maintained, gets improvements and additions fairly regularly, the animals all have plenty of room and are clean and healthy and well-cared for. The owner busts his ass running the place, he's in there helping feed animals, directing cars in the parking lot, emptying trashcans. There's never been any safety troubles or animal abuse complaints.

This year, he's really struggling with Covid-19. State won't let him have visitors, but he's still having to pay to feed and take care of all those animals. He's already lost over a million dollars, with no relief in sight. Pretty much said, if something doesn't change soon, he'll be going out of business. He owns a huge adjacent plot of land that's an empty field, so he constructed a bunch of areas on it to do a drive-thru safari, both to turn around the financial bleeding and just to give people something to do to take their minds off of things. Made sure he was following the Covid-19 guidelines. Contacted the sheriffs, worked with them so that it wouldn't disrupt traffic. Invited the town board to tour it before he opened, and two of them came down and walked around and said he was good to go.

Immediately after opening the town started screaming that that land was zoned for Agricultural usage and not Entertainment usage, and he can't do that and now the town is suing the guy. Really? The poor guy is trying to save his business and you pack of shiny happy people are going to try and kill it off? Berkeley you. You couldn't turn a blind eye for the time being, or just say "Hey, once things start to open back up, you either need to shut it down or apply for a zoning change if you want to continue it." I sent the town a scathing e-mail (no profanity) and signed a petition and the public backlash has been brutal, so hopefully the town of Sullivan slinks off with their tail between their legs.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
6/3/20 11:42 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

My wife is struggling with rverything going on right now and I was planning on going to the bwca soon.  Being out of cell range for even a few days gives her lots of anxiety.  So. I'm going to have to cancel the trip and look to rebook later in the year.   

stinks but family first.  So we rented a small lake house in Wisconsin for next week. Maybe I'll get some fish. 

Did you try to post a picture? If so, it didn't post. In any case, I was looking at renting a satellite phone last time I was up that way. Ultimately did not, but probably would have with kids. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/3/20 1:59 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Small town tinpots gotta tinpot.

See also:  HOAs.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
6/3/20 2:18 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Yeah. I particularly loved the towns statement of "We do not wish to see Mr. Taylor go out of business." Oooohhh, so that's why you're suing him? I think they are about to see that they really kicked the hornet's nest on this one. The petition I signed had been up for around 6 hours and already had 42,000 signatures. For comparison, the town itself only has 15,000 residents.

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/3/20 8:50 p.m.

My GoPro AND my VIRB are missing.

1 ... 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QKecdjCF3Ujt0Hoq1kiJzsOaCEE7Q3kmHWmBItwZLDbQWMzKcRWqf7thu6OmqtwO