1 ... 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 ... 1929
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
6/5/20 9:38 p.m.
Toyman01 (Generally Supportive Dude) said:

Please stop breaking my coffee makers. That two of them in the last 3 months. 

Does anyone make a pour over coffee maker out of anything other than glass? These apparently have a pretty short life expectancy around my house. 

Yup! Hario V60 Plastic Coffee Dripper, Size 03, Clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001O0LCUC/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_wUV2EbRCQ973P

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/5/20 9:46 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

Dude, you aren't alone. Both here and in reality. There are things said at work that make my head explode. My knots come from wanting to unload on people. I don't because I need to be employed.  People tell you whats wrong. Telling you why you're wrong. Arguing over every little thing so you cant freely talk about, well, anything. The knots are real. 

It's tiring. It a second job, to hold your tongue. The destructive tendencies for you are numbness for me. No pain, no joy. Just emptiness. Oblivion.

I now just flatly say, "OK." 

I'm too berkeleying tired to fight any more. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/6/20 10:43 a.m.

This really is a first world minor rant total lame problem but- 

With my recent....issues I have resigned myself to the fact that I probably need to purchase some sort of device that can monitor my basic health functions on the fly. I ABHOR smart watches, but it's also the least offensive solution I can come up with, because at least some of them look pretty cool. I'm further a big fan of Diesel watches- because they're giant and ridiculous, and if you know me, you know how I do. 

Now for the rant. I have found a watch I am interested in, the Diesel Full Guard 2.5, model DT2013. It's even on sale for like 200$. If memory serves, it's all manufactured by Fossil, which i've had good luck with in the past. HOWEVER, I need to see this thing in person. There's a lot of things I will buy sight unseen. Groceries, video game consoles, cars....but clothing and accessories is not one of them. I have as an example ordered two pairs of shoes online in my life. One pair was awesome, one pair was trash. I learned I need to try them on. Watches fall into this category. There are two major retailers that sell said watch- Watch Station (which i believe is a Fossil exclusive dealer, they sell all the brands Fossil does- sort of like Sunglass Hut and Luxotica) and Diesel the store. There is ONE diesel store left in orlando, and it's an outlet. Not gonna have first line items. There are TWO watch stations in orlando- guess what? Outlets. And if you're from metro Orlando- you know good and goddamn well how much it sucks shopping at the outlets. Nearly every time I go to one (and THAT was only when I needed work shoes- Asics outlet was my jam) I end up wanting to fist fight tourists. I pretty much want to fist fight tourists anyhow, but the outlets, Jesus. 

Basically what it amounts to is- I wanna give someone a wad of cash for a watch I don't really even want- but probably need, and no local store in central florida the one time I need to see it in person seems to have one. 

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
6/6/20 1:09 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to barefootskater :

Dude, you aren't alone. Both here and in reality. There are things said at work that make my head explode. My knots come from wanting to unload on people. I don't because I need to be employed.  People tell you whats wrong. Telling you why you're wrong. Arguing over every little thing so you cant freely talk about, well, anything. The knots are real. 

It's tiring. It a second job, to hold your tongue. The destructive tendencies for you are numbness for me. No pain, no joy. Just emptiness. Oblivion.

I now just flatly say, "OK." 

I'm too berkeleying tired to fight any more. 

I got lucky at my last job as there was not much of this going on.

Before that I really enjoyed driving a truck because there was not much of this, until I started an argument with myself...

Seriously this can make or break a job and your sanity. I hope it gets better or you find a better place to work. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/6/20 3:50 p.m.

In reply to Bent-Valve (FS) :

It wasn't bad talking about cars and old tv shows. It was fun, but that whole schism that happened here about a week ago has been happening at work for a few months over socoal/political issues. I've tried to convey my thoughts on education,  police, racism, healthcare, the president, management, et al. Everything is a confrontation.  Not vicious  (usually) but always an adversarial one. I'm right, your views are wrong. Nothing positive. 

The best I can say is, " That's just where you and I differ."

Example: We talked about developing a product that would require compensation to a person to use their likeness. 10% was offered.  I said why not 25% and garuntee the deal?

Well, why not just give away all the profit? 

I'd rather a done deal at 25, than a possibility of no at 10%. 

You'd make a E36 M3ty manager.

I'd have the loyalty of my employees at a slightly less financial gain. 

I want to be rich, instead of giving away my money. 

I ended the conversation with, "If money is all you want, than that's all you're gonna have."

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/6/20 4:13 p.m.

Sweated my ass off today.  I don't know how hot it is, but the RX-7 usually runs on the highway with a 110 degree temperature delta.  When it is 40, the engine runs at 150, when it is 70, the engine is at 180, etc.  Engine was running at 210.

That isn't the rant.

The rant is, after driving an hour in sweaty wet clothes that have actual salt stains on them, I developed a nasty case of sweat rash in a rather private and personal area.  It hurts to walk.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
6/6/20 4:56 p.m.

Huge cruise in town tonight, expecting well over 500 cars and my cars still torn apart. Taking the truck to atleast go

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/6/20 7:45 p.m.

My ancient plastic ramps finally broke. I was trying to get in an oil change before full darkness hit.

Yes, it's a very minor rant. I'll just do it tomorrow. 

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
6/6/20 9:17 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) :

Glad they broke before you got under the car

Wxdude10 - Mike
Wxdude10 - Mike Reader
6/6/20 10:27 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I don't know if they have it where you live, but Boudreaux's Butt Paste is the best thing for sweat induced rash/soreness in the private parts.  Like, put it on before bed, everything feels good by the morning, and the rash is gone by the next day.  I had to run out at midnight to get some on our last vacation at Disney.  He was horrified that I suggested it. It was so moist on the trip that one of the kids got really bad chaffing.  He was blown away that the next day he was able to walk without pain.  

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/20 8:11 a.m.

In reply to Wxdude10 - Mike :

Slept funny last night and my left foot hurts massively.  Might need to use my grandfather's cane as a cane instead of a hatch prop.  Rash is gone after a nice shower and some sleep.

Facebook marketplace makes me want to scrap instead of sell. Stupid motherberkeleying mouth breathers that can't be bothered to berkeleying read the berkeleying ad.

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
6/7/20 9:12 a.m.

Looked out the window this morning and see the Berkin bears defeated my bear-lock trashcan finally. They actually broke the edge of the lid to get in. I guess they really like Pernil and Mofongo.  This can has been tumbled all over the yard by the bears. Time for reinforcements.  In usual bear fashion, they dug out what they wanted, carried it off a bit then neatly polished it off. These foam boxes had the pernil and mofongo. Licked clean. 

jfryjfry (Forum Supporter)
jfryjfry (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/7/20 9:17 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Buy one online from a place that allows returns and just send it back if you don't like it?

the gamble is $8 in shipping but that's not too bad of an insurance policy 

if you can find it on amazon their returns are easy and they can just take the shipping out of the reimbursement. 

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
6/7/20 10:33 a.m.

Fortified the bear-proofiness with some angle. I may end up welding up a cross piece to protect the front. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/7/20 12:17 p.m.
jfryjfry (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Mndsm :

Buy one online from a place that allows returns and just send it back if you don't like it?

the gamble is $8 in shipping but that's not too bad of an insurance policy 

if you can find it on amazon their returns are easy and they can just take the shipping out of the reimbursement. 

Yeah, that's an awful lot like what I think is gonna happen. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
6/7/20 1:59 p.m.

My chest hurts. It's not the Covid but all the yard work I have been doing.

got a honey do list about as long as my arm that I actually want to get to and right now all I want to do is keep eating pain killers and sit in the tube with some salt. Pulled something fierce.

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/20 9:56 p.m.

well, get to spend most of tomorrow on the phone again, trying to reach Unemployment.  I really wish their offices were open, even if by appointment, fighting with over 1 million fellow New Jersians for ear time with a rep is not fun.  You actually have to start before they open to get in the queue to actually speak with someone.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/7/20 9:59 p.m.

I can't think of anything I'm less excited about then Pizza Ranch reopening after Covid restrictions.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/8/20 8:04 a.m.

Last Wednesday after nearly a week of our main router (the one from the internet company that hooks up to their external wiring) crashing every other day we decided that we needed to switch over to the new, fiber-based provider- saving ourselves some money and roughly quadrupling our internet speeds. The soonest remotely convenient time for them to do the install was this (Monday) afternoon, since we were going to be out at the cabin Thursday and Friday and didn't want to have to rush back Saturday in case they decided to show up right at noon for an afternoon install.

At (literally) 1am last night as we start getting ready for bed, the Dancer remembers that they will be coming to install the internet this afternoon and just shy of freaks out because the house hasn't been picked up at all and griping about how she'll just have to get up ever earlier and 'clean the whole house'. Um- while our house is not ever going to be mistaken for being spotless, it's also far from a 'disaster'- and even then I'm pretty certain that the installer will have seen FAR worse and probably not care- and frankly if they are being judgemental about what our house looks like (it's more cluttered than usual because we're hoping to finally have the yard sale fundraiser for her non-profit this coming Saturday) I can't say I really care. 

And it's now 9am- I've been up for 2 hours (and working for the last hour) and did some quick putting things away while breakfast cooked, tea steeped, etc. She's still in bed, presumably still asleep.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/8/20 8:06 a.m.

I have made a poor choice in regards to food, and now I am paying for it. I guess there's more to this reflux thing than I thought. 

In reply to Mndsm :

My acid reflux has been killing it lately. I'm making small diet changes to see if it helps. I know ignoring it long term is not wise.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/8/20 8:41 a.m.

In reply to Shadeux (Forum Supporter) :

I had a bit of an issue that landed me in the hospital a couple weeks ago- and during that time i was informed that I would need to make radical changes to my diet, mostly in the you can't have salt anymore department. I love salt. One of the other things I love is spicy. If i can't have salt, at least let me have spicy. I went a bit overboard with the spicy over the last couple days, and now i'm back to a plain ass waffle with an egg, and maybe some fruit. I'll learn eventually. 

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/8/20 10:50 a.m.

If you've got a website to sell physical goods, and you don't list a price for those goods in an attempt to get a customer contact, you're never going to hear from me.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/8/20 12:41 p.m.

I get it, cheapest flat pack outdoor furniture from wayfair, I don't expect much.

I do expect to have enough hardware included to put the whole thing together though. And maybe the heads of the screws to all be channeled properly. And also the threads to not all need to be chased before stuff goes together. 

New rule woman, I don't care, it's your money, but NO MORE CHEAP FLAT PACK FURNITURE unless you'll be the one assembling it. 

At least it's covered in fake wood rattan so I can't weld the metal together without burning it.

1 ... 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
exXWndasbrVPxlHkDPFSQHgRUqM1jaWOOfYQI97ZltdWvEAyNmhbvYX2p5deytxy