1 ... 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 ... 1927

In reply to NickD :

Try placing orders on Wednesday or Thursday morning. By that point they have recovered from the previous weekend amd haven't started on the next one yet. 

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/29/20 12:09 p.m.

Toyota used fill and drain plugs with a 10mm Allen fitting on the front differential in 4WD 4Runners, Tacomas, etc.

Lexus saw how much they sucked, and specced drain and fill plugs with standard bolt type head. They fit the Toyotas, but Toyota is still using the allen plugs.

WHY?

I'm changing the differential fluids, but the front drain plug was previously stripped out. I'll work on getting that loose, and I've ordered a Lexus plug.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/29/20 12:45 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) :

You can stick an Allen headed plug on a long extension and get to it from afar.  External hex drain plugs are the devil.

I do like the external square ones, though.  Mazda 14mm headed plugs fit perfectly into a 16mm 12-point socket.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/29/20 1:57 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

The more I work on the QX4 (read: fancified Pathfinder) the more impressed I am with the obvious thought the engineers put into things on it. The differential plugs are a recessed 1/2" square drive- so you just stick a 1/2" socket extension into it and use your breaker bar or 1/2" drive socket to remove it. There is a built-in funnel under the oil filter so when you unscrew it the oil released doesn't just splatter all over the frame, it goes someplace easy to put a catch pan under- and threaded part of the top of the suspension struts is notched and the strut mount has a corresponding indent so you don't have to berk with a hex socket in the middle of the strut to keep it from spinning when you tighten down the nut holding the strut to the mount. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/29/20 2:44 p.m.

Anyone want to buy a 5 year old white girl?

Constant attitude, ALWAYS whining and screaming for no berkeleying reason, listens like a brick wall, will physically fight you at bed time because she's so berkeleying tired she can't sleep. Has one or two cute moments a week.

I'm more than half serious, I will sincerely consider trades of tow pigs. 

Why anyone makes these things on purpose is beyond me, but I completely understand why so many species eat their young. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/29/20 3:00 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Rent her out as birth control. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/29/20 3:43 p.m.
RevRico said:

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/29/20 4:03 p.m.

My handheld tuner arrived last Thursday. The ECU is a separate shipment and is scheduled to be delivered today. UPS said it would be delivered 12-4pm. The app has a tracker and I watched the truck go from 2 miles away to 15 miles away. It keeps moving away from my location. Delivery time is now 9pm angry.

Me all day:

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
6/29/20 4:18 p.m.
Appleseed said:
RevRico said:

holy oh berkeley lmao

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/29/20 10:20 p.m.

Just found out that work will not be reopening on July 6th as planned.  Our Governor decided to delay opening up the state to indoor eating and drinking due to flareups all around us and too many "knuckleheads" not obeying the rules now.  So who knows when I will get to work again.

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
6/29/20 10:37 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Best thing is it's going to get much much worse in about 6 or 7 years.

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/30/20 1:48 a.m.
RevRico said:

Constant attitude, ALWAYS whining and screaming for no berkeleying reason, listens like a brick wall, will physically fight you at bed time because she's so berkeleying tired she can't sleep. Has one or two cute moments a week.

I'm more than half serious, I will sincerely consider trades of tow pigs. 

Why anyone makes these things on purpose is beyond me, but I completely understand why so many species eat their young. 

You're doing a crappy job of salesman-ing.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
6/30/20 6:51 a.m.

Got my rear diff back and installed and I have a sneaking suspicion that the pinion seal is leaking again. I had that fixed, then the diff blew up. I'm about ready to just rip this thing out and install an unfettled-with 3.90 rearend and just deal with E36 M3ty gear ratios. I've had nothing but problems since I put the 3.63:1 gears in this thing.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/30/20 10:33 a.m.

Someone from my work has called me 3 times this morning and not left a voicemail. I'm off today but will work Fri-Sat-Sun.

No berkeleying way am I answering the call.

No voicemail = no berkeleys given

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/30/20 10:41 a.m.

Someone (may have been me) bought fat-free half and half on accident. That isn't a thing! It is by definition, not fat free! And it tastes fake (to put it nicely), too. I try to limit my high-fructose corn-syrup intake. I'm not militant about it, but I don't think it belongs in our diets. And yet, here it is in something that I absolutely should not be concerned about it being in. 

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
6/30/20 12:01 p.m.
NickD said:

Got my rear diff back and installed and I have a sneaking suspicion that the pinion seal is leaking again. I had that fixed, then the diff blew up. I'm about ready to just rip this thing out and install an unfettled-with 3.90 rearend and just deal with E36 M3ty gear ratios. I've had nothing but problems since I put the 3.63:1 gears in this thing.

Yup. It's leaking. Again. So, to recap, I had this diff for 4+ years and have never had an issue with it. I regeared it last year and replaced pinion seal then. Drove it partway through the summer, pinion seal started leaking, replaced it. Was fine, then started leaking again, discovered the diff breather was plugged and the pinion yoke had a groove in it. Replaced pinion yoke, pinion seal and diff breather, still leaked. Discovered seal wasn't driven in all the way, replaced it, leak stopped. Then pinion bearings blew up. Had it rebuilt, pinion seal is leaking again. I'm hoping that the guy that I had rebuild it didn't knock the seal in all the way. It's supposed to be recessed slightly below the surface of the case, not flush with it. I'm ready to heave it off a cliff, and myself after it.

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/30/20 12:49 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) :

Right on. No voicemail = no call back.

6/30/20 2:39 p.m.

no voicemail = Not important.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/30/20 2:51 p.m.

berkeley me its been a long week already. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/30/20 3:10 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

berkeley me its been a long week already. 

I had meetings today at 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 1:00, and 2:00.  In three different locations.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/30/20 3:17 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine (Forum Supporter) :

Yup. Pretty much any call that I get from a number that I don't recognize gets sent straight to voicemail since the overwhelming majority of calls I get are telemarketers who tend to not leave messages.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
6/30/20 3:25 p.m.

I swear dealing with the insurance company is basically the second half of the wreck. The first half is violent, painful, and loud; the second half is slow, quiet, and a total mind berkeley.

Apparently the idea of "made whole" means berkeley all anymore. Now it is "screwed for the lowest dollar".

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/30/20 3:29 p.m.

John Bean alignment rack.  Scan VIN and it asks me this.  well berk if I know.  Off to Google.

Long story short, all those chassis codes mean is long box/short box vs single cab/extended cab/crew cab.  Why not just say THAT instead of obfuscating???

"Offroad" means Z71.  Again, why not just say that???

Hunter machines will actually tell you not only the differences, but also how to quickly tell them apart.

once again, Snap-On proves to be worthless E36 M3.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/30/20 3:49 p.m.
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) :

Right on. No voicemail = no call back.

I hate the voicemails that just say "Hey call me" on my work phone.  You called me for a reason, give me an idea what you want so MAYBE I have an answer for you when I call you back. 

7/1/20 9:59 p.m.

Ordered twenty 1/4"-20 Silicon Bronze Nuts and Twenty 1/4" Silicone Bronze washers from Fastenel.  Today I got Twenty 3/4" course thread steel nuts.  Not going to help me get my boat in the water.  

Would like to add: The invoice in the package lists the Silicon Bronze Nuts and Washers,  so I am not sure what their malfunction was.  Guess I will find out tomorrow!

1 ... 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5QmixXMCaRRiaGrhbB9l8s3MutDnCEpO3JnKBqNWB1YVbyIdHS09oRHa9z3jAahj