1 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 ... 1925
Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/1/20 10:18 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

John Bean alignment rack.  Scan VIN and it asks me this.  well berk if I know.  Off to Google.

Long story short, all those chassis codes mean is long box/short box vs single cab/extended cab/crew cab.  Why not just say THAT instead of obfuscating???

"Offroad" means Z71.  Again, why not just say that???

Hunter machines will actually tell you not only the differences, but also how to quickly tell them apart.

once again, Snap-On proves to be worthless E36 M3.

I always enjoy trying to figure out which Jetta is on the machine...

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/2/20 12:51 a.m.

taking my little boat back to storage today before the rain.  Because I do not yet have the trailer wiring and lighting done, I rely on a 2x4 about 6 feet long strapped across the deck with a pair of trailer lights attached to it.  This actually puts the lights up nice and high where everyone can see them.  The boat over hangs the sides of the boat by about 8 inches, but still within the width of the trailer.  Sitting at light, I am first in line and actually overhanging the stop line by half a disco-length and the guy behind me wants to make a right on red in his Cadillac excursion.  When I didn't pull forwards when he beeped, he decided to go around.  There is no shoulder here, so he could only squeeze so far.  In the process he ripped the driver's side mirror off of his door when he hit the 2x4 with the very bright LED light on it.  Thankfully he did no damage to my boat.

This has always been a fear of mine when towing, but I never expected the "hit" to be so anti-climatic.  Nice that he got a ticket and had to get his own insurance to cover the repairs to his truck :)

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/2/20 8:42 a.m.

I'm a hot hatch man, I should replace the Volvo with a nice, reliable Fit.

Ooh, Cascade Audi has a 2015 S3 Prestige in that awesome white color for only $17k...

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/2/20 8:53 a.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Wow, that's pretty cheap, at retail pricing.

Maybe that should tell you something?

Pete. (l33t FS)
7/2/20 10:11 a.m.

110k miles, which tells me it spent a lot of time on the highway.  Oddly enough most of that was done after it came to Ohio.  (had 18k in 2017 or somesuch)

Sure it probably needs timing chains, but they all do.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
7/2/20 11:26 a.m.

First steroid/ numbing medicine injection into my back today, I can't feel my foot. This might be worse then just dealing with the pain

7/2/20 11:56 a.m.
dropstep said:

First steroid/ numbing medicine injection into my back today, I can't feel my foot. This might be worse then just dealing with the pain

time to admit defeet?

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
7/2/20 12:42 p.m.

Holy E36 M3, the law of averages has to kick in at some point and start handing me some wins here. Like, I better win the lottery and meet the girl of my dreams in the second half of this year to make up for the level of suck that 2020 is. I'm trying to stay positive but when every berkeleying thing I try and plan gets cancelled, I've spent more time working on the Miata than driving it, and my friends seem to be cutting me out of the loop, it's real hard to stay positive.

Pete. (l33t FS)
7/2/20 12:52 p.m.
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) said:
dropstep said:

time to admit defeet?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/2/20 5:15 p.m.

Topic of Covid and other sicknesses that happen in the past 20ish years.

Me: SARS never made it here. Even if it did, no one died.

Co-Worker: It did. 100, 000 people died from it. But I think the Coronavirus is overblown. It's not the that bad.

Me: Dafuq? 

Uh...774 people had it. Like wordwide. 8 people from the US had it,  and none of them died. The thing you need to take seriously,  you are not. Pulling numbers out of your ass to prove how much worse other viruses is weak, and makes your breath smell like E36 M3. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/2/20 6:17 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Co-Worker: It did. 100, 000 people died from it. But I think the Coronavirus is overblown. It's not the that bad.

Uh...774 people had it. Like wordwide. 8 people from the US had it,  and none of them died. The thing you need to take seriously,  you are not. Pulling numbers out of your ass to prove how much worse other viruses is weak, and makes your breath smell like E36 M3. 

Most people are morons. Especially co-workers. My coworkers are all insane. 

7/2/20 9:12 p.m.
Appleseed said:

And that is why we are all going to die.  I am glad to be in NJ, one of only four states to have a handle on the virus with a transmission rate below 1

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
7/2/20 9:32 p.m.

In reply to dropstep :

Have you tried a good physical therapist?

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
7/3/20 9:55 a.m.

So San Deigo decided to keep the beaches and everything open over the weekend. I mean everything. Every single county around us and Arizona is closed. The beaches in LA are closed. I live near the beach and it was a cluster yesterday of epic proportions. They keep saying that nobody has ever gotten the virus in San Diego outside but its not like these people all walked here 6 feet apart, they have to drive here, eat on the way things like that. 

I feel ad saying this but San Diego gets the weird ones from Arizona and this time it seems like we really got all the rejects  who came out. No masks, no driving skills, no taste. 

Rodan
Rodan Dork
7/3/20 12:33 p.m.

Got the Bronco's transfer case broken loose from the trans, and strapped to the trans jack... and our monsoon season started.  First rain in months, and it's pouring...

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
7/3/20 3:00 p.m.

And the E36 M3 show continues. No driver in sight. No warning, didn't ask, just did. A few weeks ago it was a U-Haul semi parked at my curb unloading pods. Tractor pulled over the curb into the grass and made 6" deep ruts. 

Not a good way to start out as neighbors. I remember E36 M3. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/3/20 4:06 p.m.
fasted58 said:

And the E36 M3 show continues. No driver in sight. No warning, didn't ask, just did. A few weeks ago it was a U-Haul semi parked at my curb unloading pods. Tractor pulled over the curb into the grass and made 6" deep ruts. 

This is where you put deer piss all over their stuff 

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
7/3/20 6:28 p.m.

Wife is upset at me for not taking the day off to nurse my injured wrist that has been getting worse. I'm hourly and we need the money while I know there's work. "I'll be careful" and I am, trust me, I don't want more pain. So I'm working, for an hour, migraine sets in. Hard and fast. So much for padding that paycheck. Awake now since the normal painkillers wore off, not in any condition to drive, so Im not sure when I'll go home. Super great day. Probably be up all night too. 

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
7/3/20 7:48 p.m.

My wife and I decided to visit a local drive-thru to get a quick dinner after getting our pick-up from walmart. We pull around the building to order, and all three people from car at the order area are outside of the car and pointing at different things on the sign. My wife and I just looked at each other, we did not think this should have been that difficult. I mean this a large regional chain, and not some local specialty. How has it become that complicated to order fast food at a burger chain? Has covid quarantine made us forget how to function? If none of them could see the sign from the car maybe they should not be driving. IDK 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
7/3/20 8:33 p.m.

Gah!   I've had this happen before.  Just a day or two ago, I saw a video with Tim talking about the Boxster, and now I can't find it!  Why are videos/articles on the site not searchable?  No luck with google either.

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/3/20 9:24 p.m.

Story time!

I took today off from work. I was on-call last 4th of July, and I pulled the same week again this year because somebody retired and the schedule shifted a week. I was going to be going out of town to visit my family (leaving today, staying next week) so I had a co-worker cover my on-call starting today.

Well, the pandemic stopped the trip up North. I kept today off, and Monday off, because I'm accruing PTO faster than I've been using it and I figured I could get some stuff done and relax. Having a long "to do" list causes me stress- working my ass off to get it done is actually relaxing. So, I spent a good part of today busting my ass in 95 degree weather working around the house, mainly ticking off little items that needed to get done. I'll do more of the same tomorrow and Sunday.

Anyhow, I get inside, grab a shower, sit down with a cold drink and a plate full of tacos and... work calls.

I explain to them that I'm not on-call, having switched with Co-Worker, and that Co-Worker will handle it, and that they should call Co-Worker directly. I text Co-Worker to let them know what is going on and... two minutes later, department Manager-Man sends out a blast saying that the NOC has called him about The Issue, he knows I'm on PTO, can somebody jump on it, etc.

Co-Worker chimes in that she's in the process of logging in to handle it and knows what's going on and why did they call Manager and not her?

I. Freaking. Swear. This isn't the first or even the fifth time something like this has happened.

I hope Manager-Man talks to somebody over there, because they're not great at following directions, at all.

Georges1991
Georges1991 Reader
7/4/20 12:39 a.m.

Went to the parts store today to get a V belt. Gave the fella the number of the belt, and we still had to go through the "What year?" "Whats 455 in liters?"

I wanted to ask why any of it mattered when I literally gave him the part number and could see the belt hanging behind him, but I just smiled and played along. Oh well.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/4/20 8:13 a.m.
Georges1991 said:

Went to the parts store today to get a V belt. Gave the fella the number of the belt, and we still had to go through the "What year?" "Whats 455 in liters?"

I wanted to ask why any of it mattered when I literally gave him the part number and could see the belt hanging behind him, but I just smiled and played along. Oh well.

Because he deals with idiots all day long, and doesn't want to get yelled at for selling you the wrong belt, even though you asked for it.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/4/20 8:19 a.m.
Mndsm said:
fasted58 said:

This is where you put deer piss all over their stuff 

How is it OK to block your driveway?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/4/20 9:10 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
Georges1991 said:

Because he deals with idiots all day long, and doesn't want to get yelled at for selling you the wrong belt, even though you asked for it.

Juss gimme some valve cover gaskets for a small block Chevy. THEY'RE ALL THA SAME.

1 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 ... 1925

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aPUxdTAMonS87xSxYGSm8qB5HzCUwezEVyjOj2D3T21u6rsgK1wYrzBfPzbbPNH5