1 ... 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 ... 1926
Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) Dork
7/8/20 7:23 p.m.

In reply to PMRacing :

You are correct to "Not burn that bridge."

I feel some of the same, I sit there doing, whatever, and wonder if I can stay with this place for 10 years.

All my family wants me to stay and not get back in a truck but my normal gross on a good week is less than my net pay on bad week driving a truck.

Its hard to sit at that desk somedays.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
7/9/20 12:49 a.m.
wearymicrobe said:

Need a new monitor for home mine is starting to die. There is literally nothing in stock locally that fit the bill as everything is out of stock. I have two fantastic 34's at the office that would work but cannot take them to work from home for some dumb reason. 

Solidworks does not work on a 13 inch laptop screen. It just does not. Also for some reason I am locked out of my remote access big system is not working so I am searching though 100 terabytes of files at 0.5mb a second link. 

I found a 120-144hz 38 inch Alienware on craigslist for next 1/3 the new price. Its the best purchase I have ever made and I have only used it for 20 minutes. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
7/9/20 8:14 a.m.

Hose clamps are just not gonna cut it to hold in 16 PSI of boost.  Time for T-bolt clamps I guess.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/9/20 8:19 a.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

I'm jealous. I have 2 19" or so screens, and Catia and Patran really need more screen real estate to be truly happy. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
7/9/20 8:24 a.m.

Finally got the E46 convertible put back together yesterday afternoon after replacing some gaskets and seals and went to fire it up with a cooling system full of water to further flush the old (wrong) coolant from it- and it ran like absolute CRAP. Almost felt like it was out of time slightly or not firing on all cylinders. Now I get to take things partially back apart again and try and figure out exactly why (current theory is a harness got disconnected accidentally, but BMW didn't exactly make any of that EASY so it shouldn't have happened...).

And it's supposed to be up in the low 90's today when I head up midday to try and pull a diff from a car in the junkyard. Hopefully I don't get pinned to the ground under a diff and die of dehydration...

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/9/20 8:38 a.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

In reply to wearymicrobe :

I'm jealous. I have 2 19" or so screens, and Catia and Patran really need more screen real estate to be truly happy. 

Samsung makes a really nice 32" monitor that can be found for a bit over $300 each.

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/uhd-and-wqhd/s32d850t-samsung-wqhd-32-led-monitor-ls32d85ktsr-za/#specs 

Wayslow
Wayslow Dork
7/9/20 8:40 a.m.

Our office coffee maker grinds the beans, filters the water, steams milk and I don't know what all else. The only thing it can't do is make a decent berkeleying cup of berkeleying coffee.

In reply to Duke :

I have their 32" curved monitor. It is awesome. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/9/20 8:55 a.m.

Got this guy at work that just can't communicate.  Either he stands there at your cubicle and talks at you for five times longer than necessary (talks at you, doesn't have a conversation, just aims his mouth at you and lets it go) or he gets on the email and just doesn't give any information that is helpful no matter how many times you ask for clarification.

It just kills me to deal with this guy.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/9/20 8:56 a.m.

Why do I feel like I drank a case of cheap beer last night? Ugh, I don't need this. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/9/20 8:58 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I bet he responds to emails that have multiple questions by answering one or two of them and ignoring the others, even when you ask for the rest of the answers directly.

That's my favorite annoyance from bad communicators.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/9/20 9:25 a.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) said:

Hose clamps are just not gonna cut it to hold in 16 PSI of boost.  Time for T-bolt clamps I guess.

What do you have for hoses or tubes?

Teh R runs up to 18psi pre-throttle and it uses cheezy thin worm clamps and plastic hoses, but the tubes have righetous tall rolled edges.

Ashyukun (Robert)
7/9/20 9:26 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

I'd love one (or two) of those- but my work is pretty unlikely to spring for them (I only have 2 monitors now because I snagged the 2nd when someone else left and since we're half a country away from IT nobody noticed/cared that they didn't get it back). Of course, I could always just buy it myself and use it for both my work computer and a second monitor for my iMac... but realistically I should put that money toward replacing the iMac (it's 9 years old and I've pretty much upgraded it as far as it can get without having to solder things).

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/9/20 9:42 a.m.
Duke said:

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I bet he responds to emails that have multiple questions by answering one or two of them and ignoring the others, even when you ask for the rest of the answers directly.

That's my favorite annoyance from bad communicators.

One of my longtime work email rules for myself is "one exclamation point per email". Since I normally end with Thanks! that normally uses it up. 

But "one question mark per email" is a similarly good rule and I might start following. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/9/20 9:45 a.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Yeah, I try to keep it to one topic, but sometimes a single topic has a series of related questions.

Besides, I have also tried sending people a series of 3 or 4 one-topic emails needing response, and gotten a reply to one or 2 of them, and for the rest... nada.

iansane (Forum Supporter)
iansane (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/9/20 10:09 a.m.
Duke said:

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I abhor this. I have multiple vendors that will only answer one question in an email with three or four. Why not just ignore me.

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/9/20 11:39 a.m.

Spent an hour trying to talk to Unemployment today.  Half an hour of calling and half an hour on hold.  All so they could tell me that they do not see a reason why I could not certify for last week.  I need to try again tonight when my alt time comes up and again next week if it doesn't work then call back.

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
7/9/20 11:46 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Teh R runs up to 18psi pre-throttle and it uses cheezy thin worm clamps and plastic hoses, but the tubes have righetous tall rolled edges.

Yeah, it's not the clamps that are the problem... but t bolts might be the easiest solution. My Focus runs 26psi on hose clamps. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
7/9/20 12:24 p.m.
Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude) said:

In reply to Duke :

I have their 32" curved monitor. It is awesome. 

I fat fingered. I have the 34 Alienware curved. aw3418dw. I will never ever ever go back to 60hz on a screen again. Even in excel and office its night and day but my god is overwatch and invisible inc glorious at 144 fps locked ot the screen. Its like butter. I actually think it improves my skill somehow. 

On the other hand my GTX 1060 6gb sounds like it trying to fly and take my case alone with it. The fans MAX out after about 40 minutes. Might be time to really start watercooling the system in prperation of the new RTX3080's coming out. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
7/9/20 12:31 p.m.
Saron81 said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Yeah, it's not the clamps that are the problem... but t bolts might be the easiest solution. My Focus runs 26psi on hose clamps. 

Silicone flex connectors and smooth ended pipes (old, cobbled together, aftermarket)   The one that has failed three times now is slightly stretched and the hose clamps are old.  I'll get a longer piece and T-clamps tonight and clean everything up when I reassemble it (again).

Mr_Asa
7/9/20 12:32 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Solid guess.  Exactly what happened to start this.  Had to reach out to my supervisor to see WTF he was talking about to know how to respond.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/9/20 1:05 p.m.
Saron81 said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Silicone flex connectors and smooth ended pipes (old, cobbled together, aftermarket)   The one that has failed three times now is slightly stretched and the hose clamps are old.  I'll get a longer piece and T-clamps tonight and clean everything up when I reassemble it (again).

Why not fix the pipe ends with some beads?  Should make the new owner slightly happier.

https://www.rx7club.com/2nd-generation-specific-1986-1992-17/diy-bead-roller-intercooler-pipe-842624/#post9248198

Mr_Asa
7/9/20 1:21 p.m.

I got whined at by some people for not being in a meeting.  Told them I didn't have anything scheduled, so I wasn't sure why they were upset with me.

They email me the meeting invite.  I have been invited to a meeting that is on a program I'm not a part of, for a department that I'm not in.  And they are still asking me to answer questions.  I have no input on anything in this meeting and they're asking me why E36 M3 isn't getting done

What do I say here?  "E36 M3 isn't getting done cause you guys are trying to get people that don't work on those programs to work on them?"

I'll give you a nickel if you guess who is the primary person complaining that I wasn't in the meeting and that stuff wasn't getting done.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/9/20 1:26 p.m.

That's pretty much exactly what you say.

"That program isn't part of my department or task list, so I'm really not able to tell you anything about the status of the project or give you any input on it.  There is no reason I should be attending those meetings."

After your battery dies is the perfect time to discover that the keys don't work in the door locks.

I'd try the passenger side but there is no keyhole. Same for the trunk lid.

I guess I can call Pop-A-Lock to open the door? I just got to get to the hood release so I can jump it.

1 ... 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Yet11F9kbUIuMgqLW1GYr7Iw6OSBVv1jEft7X6BxEjUUtXNo99wGjjHQJjgWHXHJ