1 ... 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 ... 1927
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/22/20 4:26 p.m.

In reply to wae :

I dunno. But my door seems like a good place for him and his buddies to drop a deuce:

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/22/20 5:32 p.m.
eastsideTim said:
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) said:
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

berkeley bamboo in the butt. Trying to lay out the railroad tie border to the gravel driveway now that the weather is cooler. Im having to dig and cut out bamboo stumps, roots,  and debris every foot of the way to get these things remotely level to one another. 

Then i get to order a few more loads.of gravel to spread....

Bad news: If you don't get all of the roots/rhizomes, it'll start growing again. Your best bet is to backhoe out an area ten feet past where it is now and put in clean fill. 

Youve been here. All the bamboo is in somebody else's property. That ive cut into by about 15 feet of clear cutting bamboo to slow down its spread in my driveway. 

If hell has a garden,  its full of motherberkeleying bamboo. 

I’ve seriously considered planting bamboo in the back corner of my yard because the jackwagon diagonal to me won’t do anything about the creeping vines in his backyard, and I have to keep fighting them off every year.  I just like my other neighbors too much to subject them to it.

Pumpkin seeds.

Your welcome.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
9/22/20 5:34 p.m.

Creeping vines, while in full green, will very likely succumb to a light misting of Roundup...

Might be worth a shot to hit the green of the bamboo, too.  It kills elms and poplars and such as long as you hit the leaves, or drill it into the trunk, but won't touch spruce or fir.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/22/20 7:08 p.m.

This. This is my new rant.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/22/20 7:15 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) :

Sorks like a chamk

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UberDork
9/22/20 9:09 p.m.

Gotta rant here since no one at my house will have sympathy. Been slowly working on my Opel GT during the pandemic, has an engine oil leak that got kinda messy. Thrown around the engine compartment. Finally traced it down to the timing chain cover. Opel 1.9L Cam In Head engine is a bit different. Found out I can pull the timing chain cover off without pulling the head. So get all the necessary gaskets and seals and start tearing it apart. Drop the oil pan which won't come completely out because of the engine cross-member, Mech fuel pump so the distributor can come out, Radiator, alternator, water pump (there's a hidden bolt under the water pump) and the crank pulley. Now that was a task, had to rent a puller and mangled the pulley getting it out. Noticed the shaft for the pulley was scored and most likely the source of the leak but since I had all the seals I pressed on. Water pump showed signs of wear and looks to be original so ordered a new one along with a crank pulley. Putting things back together I dropped one the the 4 pieces of the oil pan seal inside the oil pan and came out with 2 seals. Wonder how long it's been in there? I didn't build the engine. Got it all back together and was filling the fluids and noticed coolant leaking between the head and the timing chain cover. Hoping it was just external I sealed it, let it set for a week and added more coolant and more leak at the same area. Arrgh!!! Guess I damaged the head gasket putting the timing chain cover back on. It fits under the front lip of the head. Now I guess I'm pulling the head to replace the gasket. Definitely can't do that by myself so will have to find someone to help with that. Of course might have all been averted if I had help doing the job in the first place. Was trying to avoid pulling the head as that means removing the timing chain and the hassle of putting it back on and keeping it timed. Thanks for listening.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/22/20 9:18 p.m.

For the second time in my life I've cooked a frozen pizza...without removing the cardboard.  SWMBO was right to laugh at me till she was red. 

I'm eating this limp dick failure out of spite.

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/22/20 9:49 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:
Appleseed said:
Mike (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm house shopping, and IL property taxes, what are you even doing?

We spend that money putting half our governors in jail. This entire state is corrupt as berk, everyone knows it, and accepts that we are doomed.

And yet I continue to fail to convince my wife that we need to move up Nort.

On the flip side, the corrupt governors actually go to jail, instead of not even getting indicted.

(Not pointing fingers at anyone. Just an observation)

I just decided to not put in an offer on a house because I'd owe an amount equal to my entire annual Louisiana property taxes on this new place in IL every week and a half.

The cheapest taxes I've seen in my house hunt are more than thirteen times what I paid on my Lousiana house. 

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
9/22/20 10:42 p.m.

See debt collector thread I started. angry

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/23/20 2:01 a.m.

In laws are annoying

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/23/20 8:36 a.m.

You know what?  Democrats and Republicans are BOTH full of E36 M3, and nobody is going to change the way they vote anyway, so can we please just skip straight to the election and avoid the next 6-1/2 weeks of campaign ads?

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
9/23/20 8:50 a.m.
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) said:

Sorks like a chamk

It made me laugh today, but I thought I was having a stroke reading it yesterday.

New rant: Work meetings that go so far off topic that I can easily post a response on the GRM forums and not miss anything important in the meeting.

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/20 8:52 a.m.

Stronks

wae
wae UltraDork
9/23/20 9:15 a.m.

I took the time to write a very detailed document on how to do the implementation of this system.  I created diagrams, added screenshots, and gave you a step-by-step walkthrough of steps.  Then I presented that information to you and answered your idiotic questions for two hours.  And then we went through the configuration steps together - once with me doing and you watching and the second time with you doing and me watching.  And now you call me to tell me that my document is wrong because you just decided to skip steps 3 through 7?  And when I tell you that there is a simple diagram to show you what the networking config is supposed to look like don't try to tell me that you can't find it.

I am so tired of playing wet nurse to these people.

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/20 9:19 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Appleseed said:

We spend that money putting half our governors in jail. This entire state is corrupt as berk, everyone knows it, and accepts that we are doomed.

On the flip side, the corrupt governors actually go to jail, instead of not even getting indicted.

I just decided to not put in an offer on a house because I'd owe an amount equal to my entire annual Louisiana property taxes on this new place in IL every week and a half.

The cheapest taxes I've seen in my house hunt are more than thirteen times what I paid on my Lousiana house. 

How bad are your property taxes?  Mine are $7700 a year for just under 1300 square feet on a 10,000 sf lot.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/23/20 9:27 a.m.

OK, for the most part I love fall. For some reason despite the temps being similar it just has a better feel in the air than spring does, and it's the time of year when I'm most comfortable temperature wise. I can drive the convertible with the top down and not get baked to a crisp in the sun and heat, I can work outside without sweating a gallon of water in an hour, and it's beautiful when the leaves change.

What I don't like is the fact that by the time I finish up with work (about 6pm typically) I have almost no usable daylight to do things outside- which is making putting up the shed I just bought a real pain in the ass. I'm very seriously considering taking a few hours in the middle of the day to go out and work on it and then finishing up my work at my computer when it's dark out...

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/23/20 9:30 a.m.

In reply to mad_machine (Forum Supporter) :

Holy crap that's a lot of taxes.

Mine are $389 a year I believe

alfadriver (Forum Supporter)
alfadriver (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/23/20 9:43 a.m.

Having issues on vacation sucks. Trailering around Michigan to celebrate our 25th anniversary (today!)...  yesterday was kind of a bummer, as we started the morning with the black tank clogged, and ended with a flat tire on the rental trailer. 
oh, well. 
Still having a great time, finding out we do enjoy camping even though we should be in Finland right now. 
One benefit of the pandemic is a review of stuff.  Great morning, and the trip will keep going on really well. 
Funny side note, 24 years ago for our first anniversary trip, out car failed it's Tstat and we were forced to spend year one in Petosky instead of Sault St Marie.  Good memories. 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/23/20 9:51 a.m.
alfadriver (Forum Supporter) said:

Funny side note, 24 years ago for our first anniversary trip, out car failed it's Tstat and we were forced to spend year one in Petosky instead of Sault St Marie.  Good memories. 

Talk about losing a quarter and finding 2 dimes and 4 pennies.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/23/20 9:58 a.m.
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Appleseed said:

How bad are your property taxes?  Mine are $7700 a year for just under 1300 square feet on a 10,000 sf lot.

$7900 this year for me, 1300sqft house on 7,400 sq ft lot. Most of that ($5,700) is for our schools, which is the reason we bought here. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/23/20 9:59 a.m.

ENGLISH MOTHERberkeleyER! DO YOU SPEAK IT? 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/23/20 10:01 a.m.

Wow. $2200/year for property taxes doesn't seem so bad anymore. $1300/year for flood insurance still sucks though considering homeowners is only $430/yr.

wae
wae UltraDork
9/23/20 12:43 p.m.

I was just nodding off for my afternoon nap when some jackwad woke me up with a call wanting to try to sell me on website design or some bullE36 M3.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
9/23/20 12:51 p.m.
Mndsm said:

ENGLISH MOTHERberkeleyER! DO YOU SPEAK IT? 

Sorks like a chamk! 

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/23/20 1:01 p.m.
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Appleseed said:

I've been renting for the past year or so, and I'm just getting back into the ownership game. I just realized my math was off - it's closer to every two weeks, not every week and a half.  My 2 bedroom 1 bath 1100 sq ft in Louisiana was about $500/yr. The 2 bedroom 1 bath 1700 sq foot I just passed on in Oak Park is about $14,000yr.

1 ... 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NvNON1W4MSOg4pFdDFog9e1KLRNk2J8QDKe8ynPvVEfhNIqivjBHUpowejKFGoBT