1 ... 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 ... 1929
Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
10/16/20 9:34 p.m.
wae said:

Unfortunately, that was my second cup from that pot this morning.....

The old apple joke....what's worse than finding a worm in your apple?  Finding half a worm.  

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
10/17/20 6:26 a.m.
EvanB (Forum Supporter) said:
wae said:

I just went to pour myself a cup of coffee and there was a dead moth floating in the carafe.  So I had to dump the pot of coffee.

Unfortunately, that was my second cup from that pot this morning.....

The majority of my bug in the mouth stories involve coffee.

Grab the moth, make sure the little bastard spits out the coffee he drank, toss him, and finish the pot. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/17/20 8:48 p.m.

In the last 6 hours I cut it left thumb with a bread knife, right index finger on a plastic wrap box, and then superglued my right index and middle finger together, all in separate instances.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/17/20 9:35 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

That isn't supposed to happevery day?

Am I doing it wrong?

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
10/17/20 10:44 p.m.

Tested for an ideal work from home gig making a bit more than I'm making now and getting told you won't be moving forward in the hiring process sucks, but not getting any info on whether I flubbed the personality test or practical application part of the test is just frustrating because I have no idea what I'm supposed to improve when I'm eligible to retest.

Plus, I'm constantly dealing with former SWMBO's mental illness and addiction issues even after moving out because she doesn't have a lot of people in her life who are there for her.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/18/20 12:00 a.m.

After delivering the Fakata F-Body Z28 to Legendscar95, I had to turn around and go back to give him the bolts and brackets for the driveshaft. Luckily I'd only made it about 8 miles down the road.

It's funny because we BOTH mentioned those parts early in the delivery process, when I tossed the driveshaft to him, and then we BOTH forgot about them. *sigh*

newrider3
newrider3 Reader
10/18/20 9:15 a.m.

Can we be done with the wildfires now? It's not even fire season anymore, since when do fires start in the fall? Still no progress on the existing huge fires, and another berkeleying new one just outside Boulder yesterday. 0 to 7000 acres in an afternoon.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/18/20 10:47 a.m.

In reply to newrider3 :

When I was a kid that was the only thing we were afraid of out in Southeastern Montana. We were once surrounded on 3 sides of town by fire. The old man, my uncle  and a bunch of their buddies joined the volunteer fire department (because there was nothing else to do) He said that if I tell you to go, wrap the kids in wet towels, wrap a wet bandana around your face, get in the Suburban, and go, foot to the floor. 

That's some serious E36 M3 for a kid of 6 to hear.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/18/20 11:33 a.m.

Was just at an estate sale. Look, I don’t care how nice your E36 M3 is. It’s still being sold new. You can’t ask for more than retail new, and then get offended when I offer you a fair price. 

It was Sunday of a 3 day sale. Looked like most of the inventory was still there. I saw 5 people enter and leave without buying anything. 

newrider3
newrider3 Reader
10/18/20 3:14 p.m.

Related to the wildfire rant, I am so ready to ram off the road and strangle the next motherberkeleyer that I see flicking a cigarette butt out their window while driving. You're already ruining your car and your health with that disgusting E36 M3, so why not keep the butt in your car in the ashtray or in a can or something? Please, please, don't burn my goddamn house down with your nasty flaming trash. Half the state is already on fire, we don't need yet another fire started.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/18/20 3:30 p.m.

2.5 hours so far for a Severity 2 incident for a down application and no resolution in sight.

Of course the issue didn't show up in their Test  or UAT environments and there have been enough changes packed on that once monthly patches hit and rebooted the systems, all hell has broken loose.

Just sucks since we were having a productive day around the house and I missed out on putting the kids down for a nap.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/18/20 7:51 p.m.

I guess today was berkeleying miserable headache day. My sleep schedule has been all berkeleyed up due to changing shifts 3 times in 2 weeks and I finally got some decent sleep last night in preparation for my new 6am-2pm day shift schedule starting tomorrow. I woke up at 6am and had lots of stuff I needed to get done today. But I knew as soon as I opened my eyes that it wasn't going to happen. I could tell that I had the beginnings of a stay-curled-up-in-bed-and-hope-to-die sinus headache. I immediately ate 800mgs of ibuprophen and laid back down in the hopes to stave off the inevitable.

But no, its 14 hours and another 800mgs of ibuprofen later and I still feel like someone is trying to split my head open with an icepick.

I accomplished nothing today. I couldn't even eat anything due to the nasuea from the pain, except for some beef jerky about 4 hours ago. 

What a wasted day sad

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/18/20 8:03 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) :

I can't count the number of times I've been tempted. I've had the drill on my lap.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/19/20 5:24 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I'm seriously considering it at this point.

I started feeling better around the time I went to bed last night. But it came back while I was sleeping and I slept like crap.

I got up for work at 4am and my head was pounding again. It was so bad that I puked in the shower.

For the first time in almost 7 years, I had to call in sick. There is no way I can function right now.

I just ate another 800mgs of ibuprofen. This sucks crying

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/19/20 5:40 a.m.

Try excedrin migraine. Only non prescription stuff that remotely works on mine 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/19/20 7:08 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

+3 for Excedrin Migraine. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/19/20 11:56 a.m.

You can mix ibuprofen with Tylenol too.

CBD helps my migraines a lot too.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/19/20 12:14 p.m.
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) said:

I guess today was berkeleying miserable headache day. My sleep schedule has been all berkeleyed up due to changing shifts 3 times in 2 weeks and I finally got some decent sleep last night in preparation for my new 6am-2pm day shift schedule starting tomorrow. I woke up at 6am and had lots of stuff I needed to get done today. But I knew as soon as I opened my eyes that it wasn't going to happen. I could tell that I had the beginnings of a stay-curled-up-in-bed-and-hope-to-die sinus headache. I immediately ate 800mgs of ibuprophen and laid back down in the hopes to stave off the inevitable.

But no, its 14 hours and another 800mgs of ibuprofen later and I still feel like someone is trying to split my head open with an icepick.

I accomplished nothing today. I couldn't even eat anything due to the nasuea from the pain, except for some beef jerky about 4 hours ago. 

What a wasted day sad

If you're ever in that drama again, do 4 advil and a dramamine. It'll probably knock you out but it'll work. I learned this trick from one of my ex wifes doctors. 

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/19/20 3:42 p.m.

My boss at work has gotten really horrible about diagnosing vehicles by looking at the repair order and handing them to you going "Oh, this just needs a reprogram" or "Oh, this is probably a water pump" or "Oh, this is an easy one, you can make money on this one." He's always berkeleying wrong. Today I have a truck apart on my lift and I'm waiting for the customer to call back to approve the work, so he hands me an RO and goes "While you're waiting, here's one that you don't need a lift for, its a Cadillac with a pair of  recalls." One recall is to remove the bolts holding the power steering motor to the rack and replace them. The other is to straight-up just replace the rear differential assembly. Uhh, I need a lift for both of these.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/19/20 3:48 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

I've worked with two kinds of service managers.  Ones that have never worked on a car in their lives, and former techs who had an injury that prevents them from doing repair work.

All of the good ones were in the latter field.  All of the former field were crap.  The rest were ex-techs who sucked at either job.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) :

Neti pot or a vacuum pump and some silicone tube, or a combination of the two. Both work wonders for cleaning out the sinuses and getting the crap moving. 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/19/20 6:48 p.m.

I found cab corner rust in the truck. Dammit. I live in the south,  and should not have to deal with that. Its apparently a E36 M3ty gm design on the gmt400 extended cabs. 

Not the weld vs bond debate. Im leaning towards bonding. That way no risk of interior fire.

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/19/20 10:10 p.m.

Facebook Friday: Someone you know commented on a CollegeHumor meme.

Facebook Saturday: Someone you know knows someone who is wrong about politics

Facebook Sunday: Someone you know is killing it playing Thug Life.

Facebook Monday: I guess here's some old posts from the last three days announcing an RTJ concert live stream, the limited release (and selling out) of beer from your favorite microbrewery.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/20/20 10:49 a.m.

My healthcare options for the family for 2021: 

$5,061 in premiums + $7,700 out of pocket max

$3,150 in premiums + $9,000 out of pocket max.

Lovely. 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
10/20/20 10:53 a.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

My healthcare options for the family for 2021: 

$5,061 in premiums + $7,700 out of pocket max

$3,150 in premiums + $9,000 out of pocket max.

Lovely. 

Dang dude, those choices are nearly identical

1 ... 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SlDcUYNcpC5F10XziXIYXlIIezdsD2lDrm0Tkt8JhIPQveNumzz7uwNx3uRmw5yj