1 ... 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 ... 1929
PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/20/20 8:28 a.m.
Duke said:
PMRacing said:

Allergies?  Cold?  None of the real symptoms other than runny nose and a dry throat  The wind has been crazy here lately blowing the leaves and stuff I'm allergic to around. It's following my normal progression of allergy related colds. But damn if this isn't stressful.

DW and I just ran through this over the weekend.  It's a 5-day affair, pretty much (DW is running about 24 hours behind me, so it's probably my fault).  She got a low fever; I got a lower back ache.  Both of us still have full taste and smell ability, and it stayed pretty much sinus / upper respiratory, so I really don't think it's the 'Rona.  From onset last Friday I am 95% better this morning.

I got tested yesterday out of an abundance of caution. 2 to 3 days for results though. We do have a 3yr old in daycare. She had a typical toddler runny nose earlier this week and I usually get this a few days later. Plus with the leaves and wind my allergies are worse than normal. No fevers or any other symptoms though. Fingers crossed.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
11/20/20 9:34 a.m.

Thanksgiving family drama comes but once a year... Obviously this year is different because of ....que sad music... "these unprecedented times" , but every other year my wife's parents wait until the last minute to sort plans which always leads to disappointment because everyone has already made plans. So my wife decided to ask her brothers if we could do Thanksgiving dinner on a rotating schedule starting next year. Her brothers basically told her to berkeley off im going with my wife's family how dare you ask us to change. 

svxsti
svxsti Reader
11/20/20 10:07 a.m.

The drama is starting everywhere. I am a moderator on another forum and we simply delete off topic posts to prevent any negativity with one's chosen hobby. We also allow private messaging for off topic comments. Its a shame that a thread that generated 7 pages in the last 4 days is locked because a clique is allowed to make off topic posts. Clique's notoriously keep new members from joining, not good for business.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/20/20 12:23 p.m.
PMRacing said:
Duke said:
PMRacing said:

Allergies?  Cold?  None of the real symptoms other than runny nose and a dry throat  The wind has been crazy here lately blowing the leaves and stuff I'm allergic to around. It's following my normal progression of allergy related colds. But damn if this isn't stressful.

DW and I just ran through this over the weekend.  Both of us still have full taste and smell ability, and it stayed pretty much sinus / upper respiratory, so I really don't think it's the 'Rona.

I got tested yesterday out of an abundance of caution. 2 to 3 days for results though. We do have a 3yr old in daycare. She had a typical toddler runny nose earlier this week and I usually get this a few days later. Plus with the leaves and wind my allergies are worse than normal. No fevers or any other symptoms though. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, with things being what they are, we're getting tested tomorrow at a drive-through hosted by the local university.  We should have the results in time to pull the plug on visiting close family on Thanksgiving.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/20/20 1:01 p.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

yes

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/20/20 1:21 p.m.

This shirt is a berkeleying lie. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/20/20 1:31 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

In my last 5.5 years of experience, that's the time they're  easiest  to satisfy. I feel for you man.

superfund
superfund New Reader
11/20/20 3:41 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Pen the word shiny in above it?

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Reader
11/20/20 3:51 p.m.

I get that most other automotive forums have fallen by the wayside due to groups on the book of faces but...

Going back to old haunts to check back in, and post some updates on my long term project (Intrepid) and I see 2 things consistently: 

1) Why do new members resurrect old old old posts (some close to 20 years old) to ask a question THEN get mad that the OP hasn't replied back with more information on how to fix the issue within hours. Come on, the last post prior to yours was from 2003, there is a high possibility the owner hasn't owned the car in the last 15 years, let alone logged into the email account linked to his profile on there.

2) Hiding information / parts of the forum behind a monthly subscription. I know websites cost money for upkeep, but keeping vital information to keep the cars running (service manuals, tips and tricks for DIYer's, ways to diagnose major issues) hidden behind a pay wall isn't helping keep the community alive. Actively posting in threads with people asking questions "Well for only $XX.xx a year, you can gain access to all our information" isn't helping to keep the community alive. 

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
11/20/20 4:30 p.m.

Please. Stop feeding the troll. 

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/20/20 10:48 p.m.

I haven't been able to get the Caterham configurator to work since this morning. 

barefootskater (Shaun)
11/20/20 11:13 p.m.

Man, my nearest Little Sleazy's really let me down tonight. Friday night is busy, I get that. 15-20 minute wait, easy. I don't mind. The kids are in the car, but theyll be alright for 20 minutes. 
#1 falls asleep in his seat. #2 starts screaming. 25 minutes. 35 minutes. Parking lot is full and I'm not near the door. Can't go in because two toddlers and no free hands to carry any food. Parking spot frees up by the door. So I sit there for another while. Check the time stamp on my receipt. It's been an hour. Screw it. #1 is asleep, so I grab #2 and head in (I can still see #1, the car is right outside, don't worry). Dude in front of me "I've been waiting over an hour" me too. So I get my money back. 
I was civil with the kid at the register, it's not his fault. But that was unacceptable. I saw folks order after me and get their food. It's just bad management. They need a system in place. 

So we went to McDs. 
TL;DR: it took me two hours to get fast food 3 miles from home. 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
11/21/20 7:52 a.m.

The hypocrisy of the people being the loudest with the "just stay home!" and "wear a damn mask!" is laughable. Wife's cousin has posted non stop about staying home and how stupid everyone is for not obeying orders. Guess what he's doing now? On a cross country music tour. Oh, but that's different because he's smart about it. What about all the rants you went on shaming people into to staying home? He also went on a vacation to a beach town this year. All posted on Facebook of course.

This isn't a flounder or political rant. I think we should stay home to a reasonable extent and social distance, but I don't go jamming my finger in others faces to try to bully them into doing the same. 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/21/20 9:27 a.m.

My wife helped me to find a cowl leak with a bucket. 

Except she sat the bucket on the truck. With paint less than 30 days old. And she scratched the berkeley out of the hood. Like, think im going  to have to repaint it scratched. 

I'm not gonna say a berkeleying word,  as there is NOTHING that will be accomplished by my doing so.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/21/20 9:59 a.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

I'd even accept that.  But to turn around and do the opposite after bullying me? Well, congratulations, you shiny happy person.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/21/20 4:33 p.m.

I strained a muscle in my back doing very light weight squats at the gym. I've gotten nothing done today that I'd planned to do. Getting out of bed today took about 15 minutes. I could barely put my socks on, either.  I have to stretch and move every so often or it starts to tighten up. It's going to be a a delicate dance between rest and movement.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/21/20 4:45 p.m.

My good friends dad and step mom tested positive for COVID.

A bit scary since it's a small town with no cases plus they are in their 80s

barefootskater (Shaun)
11/21/20 5:24 p.m.

Wife does videos. I've been offering for years to run sound since I have some portable equipment. Today she finally took me up on the offer. 

I hate weddings. Even small, covid friendly ones. End the shenanigans, it's silly. You want to get married? Great. Go stand in front of a judge. Bring a witness or two. Done. If you want a big celebration afterwards, fine, but keep it casual and low stress. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/22/20 2:40 p.m.

I berkeleyed my foot up while sleeping. Don't know what's wrong with it, but it hurts like hell, and needing to hunt through Lowe's for a new plunger because the 12 year old must be part elephant didn't help. 

Side note: big massive corporations with fancy websites? If you change store layouts, update the berkeleying websites. Aisle 29 is no longer plungers, but lawn equipment. While I believe a leaf blower would help the situation, I don't want to risk it. Aisle 44, where I eventually found them, is also surprisingly far away from 29. Pick a numbering system, left to right OR front to back, not both. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/22/20 3:07 p.m.

Did you know that it's entirely possible to take out the trash AND do the dishes without being told? It is! I was able to successfully bag up all the trash, load the cardboard into my jeep, and take it all to the dumpster. I then came back and did a load of dishes. Started the dishwasher and everything. And you know what? Nothing bad happened. I didn't start on fire, I was not accosted by random strangers, the dishwasher didn't break, nothing. 

Now if I could convince the world's most lazy almost 21 year old that it's possible- that would be berkeleying amazing. 

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
11/22/20 3:58 p.m.

Every hobby I get into ends up being too expensive. Model trains, model cars, slot cars, real cars, Legos, video games...I think I'm just going to lie face down in the mud as a hobby. Boring, but affordable.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/22/20 4:45 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Until you get into fancy imported mud. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/22/20 5:47 p.m.

I'm trying to keep things as cheerful as I can around here so today I decided to decorate for Christmas. I got my outside lights up but nothing else. It was even harder than I expected. 

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
11/22/20 6:21 p.m.
slowbird said:

Every hobby I get into ends up being too expensive. Model trains, model cars, slot cars, real cars, Legos, video games...I think I'm just going to lie face down in the mud as a hobby. Boring, but affordable.

Anything in life is too expensive unless you run a good budget for it. Set aside an okay amount and only spend that. Next month, do it again.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
11/22/20 6:57 p.m.

In reply to matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) :

It's not that I'm overspending my budget, it's that my budget isn't big enough. Every month I buy a bunch of stuff, and every month the amount of new stuff I find outpaces that. I'll never catch up and have enough of the stuff I want to make the hobbies fun.

1 ... 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1iTJv8cnqoF1XNUXMKtgW5Hd9dlYGeUFY2BHraQLs0uiIb8xrIOljfrm2FXZwvSp